British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem A. 20/6/18

I remember when we finished bottom in 1982.  It didn't seem to matter at all. We knew we had a rock bottom team. But I used to enjoy speedway so much then.  This has just got to be the most dismal season ever so far.   How some keep making excuses for this team and saying we'll finish top four is a laugh. Get real it ain't gonna happen. 

Edited by Mr X
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

You got a point away from home..Would'nt you take a point in every away meeting.

Point is not good enough tonight.

Vissing and Covatti not even dialled in yet. Allen having his worst meeting for ages and we still only nicked a point by a whisker.

Just now, Mr X said:

I remember when we finished bottom in 1982.  It didn't seem to matter at all. We knew we had a rock bottom team. But I used to enjoy speedway so much then.  This has just got to be the most dismal season ever so far.   

Awful season and its only going to get worse.

Vissing is going to be the worst signing in the top flight since toby jo donned the skull n crossbones many moons ago.

It defies belief how the rebs have slung wright out tbh

• Like 2

These bonus points do nothing realistically as most teams all get a bonus.  Having a look at records bonus points rarely make any difference to league positions. Its away wins that count. Last year we won a few away despite losing 6 at home. This year is worse.  Any way enough from me it ain't gonna change a thing. 

4 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

mwful season and its only going to get worse.

I Bet on Poole +2 tonight, so hissed off too. I thought Josh and Brady would bag around  20 between then.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Last heat decider at Rye......

nobody can really come on here and defend this team anymore big changes needed in the whole set up at poole new manager new ideas might be a good start ?

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I Bet on Poole +2 tonight, so hissed off too. I thought Josh and Brady would bag around  20 between then.

Unlucky mate. Hope you backed something else and managed to break even on the night. 

I didn't have a bet because I have lost confidence in our side now. 

I was expecting 10 each tbh. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

These bonus points do nothing realistically as most teams all get a bonus.  Having a look at records bonus points rarely make any difference to league positions. Its away wins that count. Last year we won a few away despite losing 6 at home. This year is worse.  Any way enough from me it ain't gonna change a thing. 

Away wins work wonders, but picking up a point every away meeting isn't to be sniffed at.

that was a disgraceful performance by Brady and josh, who know the track inside out, I think we should have kept Hans

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

nobody can really come on here and defend this team anymore big changes needed in the whole set up at poole new manager new ideas might be a good start ?

I tried to tell everybody but I just got told I was panicking and that I needed to calm down.

Unfortunately I saw all of this coming from a mile away. 

We will be finishing bottom unless 2 riders are sacked by the end of the week.

Edited by Matt Ford Fan
  • Haha 1

Just now, Arthur54 said:

that was a disgraceful performance by Brady and josh, who know the track inside out, I think we should have kept Hans

Said by a few pre season.

8 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Unlucky mate. Hope you backed something else and managed to break even on the night. 

I didn't have a bet because I have lost confidence in our side now. 

I was expecting 10 each tbh. 

I think that leaves Lynn bottom, and going to Swindon tomorrow with half a team. And you you give it the big one. Be a Stars supporter :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

What can I say! Kurtz and Josh rubbish and how JG has kept his team place is shocking, people keep saying he will come good!  Haven't seen it all season. 

Wooden spoon I think 

A reality check finally kicking in with those who know a few things about the sport.

Can't blame RR tonight as it produced 9 plus 1 for Klindt and IMO no way he would have scored that many.

The team is full of inconsistent riders (same story all  season) and under achievers. How the hell riders such as Kurtz and Graz can score a combined 6 points from 8 rides on what was both their previous home track beggars belief.

Once again a rider dumped by the club comes back and bites them on the backside. Last season was KK and this season young Jack who for the record I NEVER wanted to be released but some egos are bigger than finding a solution to what was a frustrated young man last season who was also let down badly by the rest of his team. Going to be interesting what his attitude to Ford will be next season should he want him back/ He might be his  asset but ultimately he cant make him ride. What a joke the whole Holder family saga has been with Chris's visa/permit problem and Matts attitude of nobody messes with me in regards to Jack.

One match doesnt make a season but this team doesnt look capable of lifting itself off the bottom, let alone finish in the top four.

YET AGAIN when the heat was on the riders didnt do the biz as in the final races. Look at the Wolves match - This match and no doubt others to see the point.Not just this  season but last season and even the season before, Poole threw potentially match winning positions away.

Its incredible they pulled a point out of this one considering the rider let downs and missing out in important end of meeting races.

As for Brady - He has hit a bad spell as his performances in POL & Swe the last week or so not so clever - Josh G ?? well he is paying the price for choosing to ride in POL his new Citizenship nation. So much travelling each week between POL & UK even when not guaranteed a meeting and missing out on what he has spent his whole long career doing i.e both UK leagues has come back to bite him.

Dont care what some may say about Sundstrom he will always be a nearly man. 9 Plus 2 from 6 rides is not heat leader material. Yes again was not good enough in the last race. As for Spaniak - He was signed not to score 3/4 in line with his actual GSA but as another heat leader which Matt got sucked into based on last season's POL Nice form which he has got nowhere near this season and has struggled to even get in at time into Rybnik.

Not getting  carried away with this result as its a defeat by 6 BUT it was against Somerset not BV/WOL or Swindon.

If I am  wrong come  season end I will happily put my hands up and say I  was wrong. However like many Poole supporters who have been around the block a few times in this sport, one can spot when it doesn't look good. This is one of those times.

• Like 2