British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem A. 20/6/18

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

I think that leaves Lynn bottom, and going to Swindon tomorrow with half a team. And you you give it the big one. Be a Stars supporter :rolleyes:

Lynn will finish above us don't worry BB.

Lambert in the form of his life.

MPT in the form of his life.

Kerr riding well for the Stars

Just need to get NKI going then you will soon rack up those W's

2 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Lynn will finish above us don't worry BB.

Lambert in the form of his life.

MPT in the form of his life.

Kerr riding well for the Stars

Just need to get NKI going then you will soon rack up those W's

MPT.Has has 2 good meetings and now goes missing..One was for someone else.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Good win tonight for a weak Somerset side against the Manchester United of speedway.:D

4 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Good win tonight for a weak Somerset side against the Manchester United of speedway.:D

Man U are still up there... Guess you mean by hate ????

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

Well tha proved a fantastic move signing Vissing :rofl: A bit of karma there for Charles :D

• Haha 1

Just now, STEVEHOLS54 said:

A reality check finally kicking in with those who know a few things about the sport.

Can't blame RR tonight as it produced 9 plus 1 for Klindt and IMO no way he would have scored that many.

The team is full of inconsistent riders (same story all  season) and under achievers. How the hell riders such as Kurtz and Graz can score a combined 6 points from 8 rides on what was both their previous home track beggars belief.

Once again a rider dumped by the club comes back and bites them on the backside. Last season was KK and this season young Jack who for the record I NEVER wanted to be released but some egos are bigger than finding a solution to what was a frustrated young man last season who was also let down badly by the rest of his team. Going to be interesting what his attitude to Ford will be next season should he want him back/ He might be his  asset but ultimately he cant make him ride. What a joke the whole Holder family saga has been with Chris's visa/permit problem and Matts attitude of nobody messes with me in regards to Jack.

One match doesnt make a season but this team doesnt look capable of lifting itself off the bottom, let alone finish in the top four.

YET AGAIN when the heat was on the riders didnt do the biz as in the final races. Look at the Wolves match - This match and no doubt others to see the point.Not just this  season but last season and even the season before, Poole threw potentially match winning positions away.

Its incredible they pulled a point out of this one considering the rider let downs and missing out in important end of meeting races.

As for Brady - He has hit a bad spell as his performances in POL & Swe the last week or so not so clever - Josh G ?? well he is paying the price for choosing to ride in POL his new Citizenship nation. So much travelling each week between POL & UK even when not guaranteed a meeting and missing out on what he has spent his whole long career doing i.e both UK leagues has come back to bite him.

Dont care what some may say about Sundstrom he will always be a nearly man. 9 Plus 2 from 6 rides is not heat leader material. Yes again was not good enough in the last race. As for Spaniak - He was signed not to score 3/4 in line with his actual GSA but as another heat leader which Matt got sucked into based on last season's POL Nice form which he has got nowhere near this season and has struggled to even get in at time into Rybnik.

Not getting  carried away with this result as its a defeat by 6 BUT it was against Somerset not BV/WOL or Swindon.

If I am  wrong come  season end I will happily put my hands up and say I  was wrong. However like many Poole supporters who have been around the block a few times in this sport, one can spot when it doesn't look good. This is one of those times.

Good post. Agree with everything.

Szczepaniak will only get worse as I mentioned earlier he has been sacked by Rybnik and now he only rides for us (Wish he didn't).

Grajczonek thinks he's better than what he is but the fact is Josh is a Championship No.1 and a Premiership 2nd string/3rd Heat Leader. Should never have quit the Championship.

I don't understand what people see in Brady Kurtz tbh. He bottles every important race he's in. He is nowhere near the standard of a No.1 rider even in a watered down British league.

Linus has only been doing well recently because he is riding in the easy No.2 position. Which is a position made for a 5.00 pointer or a reserve when he moves into the 1-5. 

Then we have Middleditch which has now become an Arsene Wenger situation at Poole Speedway.......Time to go.

Its all good when he's managing teams with Ward & Janowski in them but when he's asked to manage a group of riders of a different standard.....He can't do it.

I don't care what he's won because any manager would have won those titles if they were managing the 1-7's we had in those years.

Funny how every rider in recent times come on leaps and bounds when they get away from Middleditch. Ellis and Jack Holder are the latest names added to the ever growing list.

Get the ex Glasgow manager in charge and let's start fresh. 

Forget about Chris Holder forever he's average now day's. Ward's accident has affecting him imo and his fair share of injuries maybe catching up with him now.

The whole club is shambolic and every single week all we hear is Chris Holder this Chris Holder that when he hasn't ridden for us for 2 years.

I saw the whole team falling apart from a mile away. Middleditch is not the right man to take this club forward we need a manager who will actually motivate the riders instead of manager who just laughs and joke's with riders even when they are riding very poorly.

This season is not a one off. It's been like this for a few years now. I've had enough of all the BS press. Holder this Holder that. Ford mentioning team changes all the time when he clearly can't get any decent rider to come over. If you can't get any decent riders to come over then don't bother saying anything at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

we have never been the manchester united of speedway that belongs to the belle vue aces

1 minute ago, Taylorj said:

Well tha proved a fantastic move signing Vissing :rofl: A bit of karma there for Charles :D

Not as good.Full stop.

2 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Good post. Agree with everything.

Szczepaniak will only get worse as I mentioned earlier he has been sacked by Rybnik and now he only rides for us (Wish he didn't).

Grajczonek thinks he's better than what he is but the fact is Josh is a Championship No.1 and a Premiership 2nd string/3rd Heat Leader. Should never have quit the Championship.

I don't understand what people see in Brady Kurtz tbh. He bottles every important race he's in. He is nowhere near the standard of a No.1 rider even in a watered down British league.

Linus has only been doing well recently because he is riding in the easy No.2 position. Which is a position made for a 5.00 pointer or a reserve when he moves into the 1-5. 

Then we have Middleditch which has now become an Arsene Wenger situation at Poole Speedway.......Time to go.

Its all good when he's managing teams with Ward & Janowski in them but when he's asked to manage a group of riders of a different standard.....He can't do it.

I don't care what he's won because any manager would have won those titles if they were managing the 1-7's we had in those years.

Funny how every rider in recent times come on leaps and bounds when they get away from Middleditch. Ellis and Jack Holder are the latest names added to the ever growing list.

Get the ex Glasgow manager in charge and let's start fresh. 

Forget about Chris Holder forever he's average now day's. Ward's accident has affecting him imo and his fair share of injuries maybe catching up with him now.

The whole club is shambolic and every single week all we hear is Chris Holder this Chris Holder that when he hasn't ridden for us for 2 years.

I saw the whole team falling apart from a mile away. Middleditch is not the right man to take this club forward we need a manager who will actually motivate the riders instead of manager who just laughs and joke's with riders even when they are riding very poorly.

This season is not a one off. It's been like this for a few years now. I've had enough of all the BS press. Holder this Holder that. Ford mentioning team changes all the time when he clearly can't get any decent rider to come over. If you can't get any decent riders to come over then don't bother saying anything at all. 

Ford is a user.. Gonna bite your arse sometime ?

• Thanks 1

Ford is a user.. Gonna bite your arse sometime ?

I think Middlo is the problem to be honest. 

Matt is managing to make team changes. Fair enough not big name riders but Middlo can't manage them. Because Middlo is not a good team manager.

Anyone would be successful if they managed team's with Rickardsson, Hancock, Ward, Janowski & Chris Holder (in his prime) in them.

4 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

This sums up everything about our team manager and the mentality in the pits. Article from a few weeks back. Middleditch out. 

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/16253346.Middleditch_defends_Pirates_skipper_Grajczonek/

Ford and Middlo and your team was the ** at the start of the season...It can't last forever treating riders like rubbish !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I think Middlo is the problem to be honest. 

Matt is managing to make team changes. Fair enough not big name riders but Middlo can't manage them. Because Middlo is not a good team manager.

Anyone would be successful if they managed team's with Rickardsson, Hancock, Ward, Janowski & Chris Holder (in his prime) in them.

Ha you see it now :rofl:

Ford and Middlo and your team was the ** at the start of the season...It can't last forever treating riders like rubbish !

Personally I don't have anything against Ford. Yes he's a ruthless business man but he does do what is best for the team.

Riders who have been sacked have been sacked for a reason apart from the odd one now and then. 

Middlo is the main problem. These riders are under his management and they don't perform and it was the same story last season.

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Personally I don't have anything against Ford. Yes he's a ruthless business man but he does do what is best for the team.

Riders who have been sacked have been sacked for a reason apart from the odd one now and then. 

Middlo is the main problem. These riders are under his management and they don't perform and it was the same story last season.

Middlo is not the problem, Matt Ford and Middlo are a team, just unfortunately made a couple of bad decisions that are hurting us at the moment