British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem A. 20/6/18

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Personally I don't have anything against Ford. Yes he's a ruthless business man but he does do what is best for the team.

Riders who have been sacked have been sacked for a reason apart from the odd one now and then. 

Middlo is the main problem. These riders are under his management and they don't perform and it was the same story last season.

Not sure it's Middlo. This season Poole's team looked the **. Ford picks the team for me.He looks for riders on bargain ave's. When it don't work out he drops any rider or riders that give him an advantage (as somerset did) Trouble is it wears thin with riders, and in the end it will bite you in the arse..Riders know what to expect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Middlo is not the problem, Matt Ford and Middlo are a team, just unfortunately made a couple of bad decisions that are hurting us at the moment

For me I don't think they are a team at the moment.

Matt is constantly looking for replacements whilst Middlo constantly defends poor performances and makes excuses for them.

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Matt is constantly looking for replacements whilst Middlo constantly defends poor performances and makes excuses for them.

Middlo has to defend the riders, he has no choice. 

7 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I don't think it's that..Riders don't want to ride for Poole. Money is tight and loyalty is thin.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Good win tonight for a weak Somerset side against the Manchester United of speedway.:D

Are we the Man utd of speedway because they haven't won anything lately either!

• Like 2

Well just got back. Result was never in doubt even though it went down to heat 15. The problem is we don’t have a Chris Holder figure to win heats when it matters. We were never going to get anything out of 13 and 15. In heat 14 Sundstrom rode an absolute blinding defending ride to bring home the bonus. The team as a whole rode well, except Kurtz and Grazonek who were worse than abysmal. Off the pace all night, or riding team mates wide to allow a Somerset reserve though.

We were lucky to get a point as Somerset through away 2 5-1s as riders had a puncture or fell last bend.

Grazonek needs to go. Sorry but he just hasn’t improved and tonight on a track he knows well, he was woeful.

• Like 1

I transcribed an audio recording of Garry May being interviewed at the start of tonight's meeting over the Charles Wright incident. Many fans around seemed really rattled that Charles had gone. 

"Garry May : “Heat 4 ...we were 6 points down, gate 1 was good, Charles had had a bad race and  so I decided to put Jason Doyle in and it all kicked off, it was really bad, you know, swearing and that…and I can't take that. Anyway I let it go, I thought it was heat of the moment stuff and anyway and he went out and won the race so I was hoping he’d come and apologise… I need to keep to team manage, I made that decision and it all kicked off and afterwards it kicked off again and obviously I was just waiting for him to apologise to me. I gave him Thursday, Friday, Saturday before I started talking to other riders … if he wasn’t going to come back in the team, i would have had to use a National League rider. All I wanted was an apology...even if he didn’t mean it, he would be here tonight. That’s all I wanted. I’m his boss at the end of the day and as team manager I need to make decisions and that’s what I decided."

(announcer recaps) 

GM : “the aim is to win all the home matches and the aim is make the play offs when you’re six points down ….Charles is a good rider but when you’ve got the world champion sitting there and Jason would have done the race..  It’s hard because I helped Charles out financially this year and all the time he has been here and for him to turn round and treat me like that, I can’t take it because I’m the manager and I have to make decisions and if he kicks off and the others kick off, there’s no point in me being here, I might as well walk.

All I wanted was him to text me and say “Yeah, I’m very sorry about the other night” …I know it’s  adrenaline and that, and I even put him in Heat 15, so there’s nothing against him, I thought that pairing of Wright and Doyley would give me the 3-3 plus so Wolves would get no points

Announcer question:  As we are now Garry, if Charles was to apologise to you now would you take him back?

GM : "I don’t know if the rules would let me do it, but if the rules would do…. but its unfair on the other riders tonight… I just can’t say that at all"

2 hours ago, Countershaftcounter said:

Good old Kacper, taking lots of money from Matt. 

Seriously. Are you telling me that there’s NO English guys out there who could do with the track time ( and no doubt a bit of money) and score better than the embarrassment that has been the 2018 pirates. 

Matts  win at all costs has certainly come an bitten him on the ãrse this season. 

Josh Auty apparently is in good form although his top flight record is atrocious.

2 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Point is not good enough tonight.

Vissing and Covatti not even dialled in yet. Allen having his worst meeting for ages and we still only nicked a point by a whisker.

An away point is always good enough. It’s the minimum you want from every away match.

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Josh Auty apparently is in good form although his top flight record is atrocious.

An away point is always good enough. It’s the minimum you want from every away match.

I think every team would take a point for every away meeting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Middlo is not the problem, Matt Ford and Middlo are a team, just unfortunately made a couple of bad decisions that are hurting us at the moment

Worst decision was not keeping Hans Andersen......Hows he doing this season??

Clue: Currently 4th in the Premiership averages.......Great decision to let him go to Leicester.......NOT!!!!!!!!

Grajczonek has done himself no favours not riding in the championship. Maybe he'll be at reserve when Koryna makes it to the Pirates #1 spot.

Vissing n Allen ( at Reserves) jointly manage 2 points the Pole smacks in 17 points and Poole still cant win. What has gone so badly wrong with The Pirates ?

Is Holder coming back this season ?

No wind up, genuine questions

8 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Vissing is going to be the worst signing in the top flight since toby jo donned the skull n crossbones many moons ago.

It defies belief how the rebs have slung wright out tbh

Unfortunately was sacked for other reasons nothing to do with his scoring.