British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Glasgow Vs Workington (Championship) 15/06/2018

Glasgow will def move heaven and earth to get this on, it could be months before Worky agree to come back.

Gating boots on should see us through. Hopefully.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Other teams are more helpful & not win at all costs as proved when we agreed to rearrange our meeting when Klindt, Bewley & BWD had GP qualifiers.

What a lot of tosh. Have you cancelled matches cos Worrall and others have been injured. Injuries go with the territory. Can anyone guarantee that all 14 riders would be available if we postponed it at Workington request and to my knowledge they haven't. Last year teams refused re run dates cos they would not be at full strength and eventually they raced with teams full of guests at the end of the season in front of pitiful crowds. Is that what you want 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MD said:

Glasgow will def move heaven and earth to get this on, it could be months before Worky agree to come back.

Gating boots on should see us through. Hopefully.

:rofl: shut up ....they will want it on as they know we are weak and we hammered you last time we were up there ! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

What a lot of tosh. Have you cancelled matches cos Worrall and others have been injured. Injuries go with the territory. Can anyone guarantee that all 14 riders would be available if we postponed it at Workington request and to my knowledge they haven't. Last year teams refused re run dates cos they would not be at full strength and eventually they raced with teams full of guests at the end of the season in front of pitiful crowds. Is that what you want 

didnt our makeshift team paxo you lot ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

:rofl: shut up ....they will want it on as they know we are weak and we hammered you last time we were up there ! 

and the time before lol .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Please, do tell me which meetings we have cancelled because of our injury situation?

Last year, the guest situation was caused through the amount of riders doubling up & this has been eased through the fixed night Premiership.

Injuries, I know, do go with the territory, as we & others, have suffered in the past.

This year there are plenty of free dates as posters are complaining of not enough regular speedway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Please, do tell me which meetings we have cancelled because of our injury situation?

Last year, the guest situation was caused through the amount of riders doubling up & this has been eased through the fixed night Premiership.

Injuries, I know, do go with the territory, as we & others, have suffered in the past.

This year there are plenty of free dates as posters are complaining of not enough regular speedway.

That's my point you haven't cancelled matches cos of injuries so why should we and yes we want regular speedway and that doesn't mean whenever 2 teams might be willing to meet each other provided all 7 riders are free that day!! If we race tonight it will be the first time we have had 3 Friday meetings in a row and Friday is meant to be our race night and you think we should cancel! There may be 'free' dates but I take it you magically know these free dates will be suitable to everyone? We offered to race at Workington on a so called free date but it didn't suit Workington so no match - and before jenga jumps in I had no problem with that. but so called free dates aren't necesarilly free. Doubling up might not be a problem but Poland still is and workington have I believe at least 3 riders contracted to ride in Poland and Glasgow at least two. These fixture would take priority over any rearranged Uk matches. 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

didnt our makeshift team paxo you lot ?

You really are something else. Not sure what that's got to do with the last few posts which is about canceling a match in June with 'riders missing' so we can hold it in October with 'riders missing'. But since you mention it im sure you would have rather beat us in front of a big crowd (remember them) so that lots of people would have witnessed your tremendous victory but by the end of the season (27/10) nobody cared, nobody came to watch but hey Glasgow lost that's all that matters.

• Haha 1

Aw well , as we are “Supporters”  set off on route to support what we have left of the team , win or lose they are our Comets ..good luck boys ( we gona need it) . You will never have as a good chance to get one over on us 

2 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Anyone familiar with dale lamb who rides at no4? No me neither

Is his nickname sacrificial? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Anyone familiar with dale lamb who rides at no4? No me neither

Ouch. Been around a long time and still doing second halves.

That seriously devalues this meeting.

Keeps the Worky wage bill down though, bit less for the liabilities column this month.

9 minutes ago, MD said:

Ouch. Been around a long time and still doing second halves.

That seriously devalues this meeting.

Keeps the Worky wage bill down though, bit less for the liabilities column this month.

So we replace a guy who double figured on his last visit with another guaranteed at least 3 doughnuts, not the lads fault of course,but welcome to British speedway where nothing seems to matter,and the supporters who matter even less

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

So we replace a guy who double figured on his last visit with another guaranteed at least 3 doughnuts, not the lads fault of course,but welcome to British speedway where nothing seems to matter,and the supporters who matter even less

Find it hard to believe Worky couldnt even convince a reserve from one of Ippo, Sheff and Redcar who arent riding tonight to turn out. Thats perhaps another downside to their cashflow issues.