British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Glasgow Vs Workington (Championship) 15/06/2018

6 minutes ago, workyboy said:

Them 50 - Us 40

Agent Bach rides again!!!

i wouldnt call it riding , tooling  is more like it .  not bad for a depleted team . . Glasgow got off light tonight .  well done to the lads that put the effort in .. 

Remarkable to get 40 points really with that team,clearly would have won with proctor and Bewley, and a point with any sort of half decent guest,klindt was magnifico

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

i wouldnt call it riding , tooling  is more like it .  not bad for a depleted team . . Glasgow got off light tonight .  well done to the lads that put the effort in .. 

Think only Rasser, Nikali and Campo hit double figures. 

pretty quiet on here for a Glasgow thread .....  they have troubles .... 

• Like 2

Well 50-40 with 3 man team considering Rene scored 3 ...a mediocre Glasgow crowd tonight as we were there for the taking , but we leave home happy , no disgrace in fact if I were a Glasgow fan I would be more pee’d off , if we had Ty and Dan tonight we would have had you so enjoy your 3 points , you be lucky to make top 4 this season !!

• Like 3

Decent meeting on a cold night. Worky did well as a 4 man team, Klindt was awesome, not what I expected and Campton got 11 from reserve without ever looking that great. Rider replacement for Proctor got 9 which is in the zone of what he would have scored but zero for Bewley isnt. His presence would have had us twitching.

Worky rode the track well and again showed the home riders going out to the fence isnt always the fastest particularly running the inside line on turn four, like Nicholls last week. Starke was much more comfortable and Sarjeant got his only points in ht2.

Perhaps more important was Michael Max was Team Manager, as he was at PB on Sunday. Have more changes been made behind the scenes?

10 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Well 50-40 with 3 man team considering Rene scored 3 ...a mediocre Glasgow crowd tonight as we were there for the taking , but we leave home happy , no disgrace in fact if I were a Glasgow fan I would be more pee’d off , if we had Ty and Dan tonight we would have had you so enjoy your 3 points , you be lucky to make top 4 this season !!

We know, read the threads for our last 3 home meetings, we are desperate for changes. Mediocre teams keep turning up and running us over, just someone seems to have disconnected the alarm bells.

others know where the changes should be made , but the glass promotion have their cant see me suits on . keepong sarj is a master stroke lol .

Glasgow fans asked us if we would like Sarj back to which TaylorJ and i both politely declined... we did however thank them for our fab reserve they were oh so cocky about offloading to us once upon a time.... oh hows things change... one even said hindsight is a funny thing.... ;)

• Like 3

Rene should have done alot better does he have his best gear in poland?,watched young kyle at belle vue on mon he was well on the pace thought he should be picking up.some points now but not being at glasgow its hard to tell.

• Like 1

Well done to the 3 scoring Comets. Really pleased Nicoai seems to have upped his game after previous poor performances. It's just a shame Rene hasn't done the same. He seems to be a shadow of the rider he once was. 

I have followed Workington since the seventies but I just can't get enthused about this season. The lack of home fixtures probably isn't helping but then things like turning up at Glasgow with a second halfer is pathetic. I'm not saying we didn't try to find a guest but whatever the reasons it is shambolic. How many fans would turn up for a Man U match if they turned out with players from Workington Reds. I used to move heaven and earth to make sure I didn't miss a home meeting but now it's getting to the point where I only go if I'm not doing anything else. I don't know what the answers are but speedway is killing itself and it's a real shame. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, jenga said:

pretty quiet on here for a Glasgow thread .....  they have troubles .... 

Apologies for the lack of comments but I did say we are gonna try the Workington approach, plus we had no updates either. So it's good to see some positive comments from worky fans especially those sat behind the computer, glad you enjoyed it. Klindt best I've seen him ride don't know why he's been criticised. Also excellent at anticipating start. As for Mason you got a real bargain there scoring good points for a reserve. Anyway off to bed after celebrating Tigers win and some proper speedway with Paul Starkes heat 8 win one of the stand outs

2 hours ago, cometbaz said:

Well done to the 3 scoring Comets. Really pleased Nicoai seems to have upped his game after previous poor performances. It's just a shame Rene hasn't done the same. He seems to be a shadow of the rider he once was. 

I have followed Workington since the seventies but I just can't get enthused about this season. The lack of home fixtures probably isn't helping but then things like turning up at Glasgow with a second halfer is pathetic. I'm not saying we didn't try to find a guest but whatever the reasons it is shambolic. How many fans would turn up for a Man U match if they turned out with players from Workington Reds. I used to move heaven and earth to make sure I didn't miss a home meeting but now it's getting to the point where I only go if I'm not doing anything else. I don't know what the answers are but speedway is killing itself and it's a real shame. 

Rene Bach has always been the same 

Brilliant when he' up for it but a embarrssment when he's lost his dummy 

Superb stuff from Nicolai, Rasser and Mason, that could have been an absolute hiding with the team we had to field last night.

As others have said, something(s) needs to be done to help save our sport. Injuries happen unfortunately so there is always going to have to be a necessity for guests and/or R/R. The problem is a shortage of riders, and the fact we have a league of only 11 teams. With 4 meetings last night it was always going to be difficult to get a suitable guest. Why we ended up with the guest we did however is anybody's guess.

Surely there are better quality riders at National League level we can use (if the rules allow), the site of the likes of Lamb and Woolley (who we had to endure for weeks on end last year) trundling around is embarrassing for the sport. Or is that one of the problems we have, a huge disparity in standard between the Championship and the National Leagues whereas with one or two exceptions there is very little to choose between the top 2 leagues.

I say amalgamate the top 2 leagues which will enable the fixtures to be spread over more days, therefore more riders will be available as cover.

• Like 2

i think it has already been mentioned that there are not enough riders for one league speedway in the U.K. 

just watched a video of the post match meeting v glasgow . i take my hat off to nic klindt in his interview and what he said was very interesting and honest. we all know rene is struggling , but he should be making steps to sort t out . one day we will see the true rene , i hope . we would have had another sizzling result last night  . tiggers got away with it . 

but well done to every team member last night and to jacko for putting in a tac ride  (take note steve w ) in heat 12  . cant ask for anything more , except a bigger egg shaped race track @ leakside . lol .