British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Glasgow Vs Workington (Championship) 15/06/2018

11 hours ago, shazza13 said:

Glasgow fans asked us if we would like Sarj back to which TaylorJ and i both politely declined... we did however thank them for our fab reserve they were oh so cocky about offloading to us once upon a time.... oh hows things change... one even said hindsight is a funny thing.... ;)

All in perspective. Campton never beat any of the Glasgow 1-5 but did a 2 pointer learning his trade and a 3 pointer on the way down. Had your TM been on the ball he would have given Campton a Bickley ride as his seventh which would have edged Worky closer to a league point.

42 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think it has already been mentioned that there are not enough riders for one league speedway in the U.K. 

just watched a video of the post match meeting v glasgow . i take my hat off to nic klindt in his interview and what he said was very interesting and honest. we all know rene is struggling , but he should be making steps to sort t out . one day we will see the true rene , i hope . we would have had another sizzling result last night  . tiggers got away with it . 

but well done to every team member last night and to jacko for putting in a tac ride  (take note steve w ) in heat 12  . cant ask for anything more , except a bigger egg shaped race track @ leakside . lol .

Jenga's account has been hacked. Agree with virtually everything he wrote. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

hope comics beat flash the cash tigers mmmmm

Has your watch stopped.Warned you about Taffy.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Has your watch stopped.Warned you about Taffy.

WATCH ! i think its the calendar that has stopped .l.o.l.

just read the local Glasgow spiel  machine write up on last nights meeting . COMmEnTS made about mason not beating anyone in the glasgow 1 to 5 was mentioned and not being given 7 rides . .. ht 14 was his last ride and he could not ride in yellow and white @ the same time . . the same could be sais with the Glasgow reserves only beating a 16 yr old 1st seasoner and the guest dale lamb. pretty poor COMmEnTS from the spiel machine again . 

if worky had turned up with a full 1 to 7 . it would be a different story being written . reminds me of hitler and his blind fury @ war . pretty cr4p . 

if a certain Glasgow rider is not fit ,(Starkie) why do they include him in the team .. utter bullocks story reading .

how is sarj getting on?, replace before its too late . he is costing you . funny how the management cant see that .

good to see our team of second strings beating  8 point plus men on their own patch ..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 3

Better meeting than i thought it was going to be . Worky's three scorers kept it interesting without ever looking threatening to get anything . Certainly if one of the missing riders had been there it would have been closer . Still you can only beat what's in front of you , and on that respect it was job done .

We're still missing a points scoring reserve to make us contenders though . 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Paulco said:

We're still missing a points scoring reserve to make us contenders though . 

Yeah, for the second season! There is nothing out there to replace Sarjeant on 3.37 so we are stuck unless there are a raft of team changes at other clubs.

6 hours ago, MD said:

Yeah, for the second season! There is nothing out there to replace Sarjeant on 3.37 so we are stuck unless there are a raft of team changes at other clubs.

Rene must be getting close to dropping towards 3.3?

The first season Rene came to Workington he was a joy to watch. He had superb track craft and could move the bike around to make a pass. I really thought he was heading for the top but he has gone backwards since. He did have a good spell when he joined Glasgow half way through the season but he is a shadow of the rider he was.

on the bright side of things , Worky will have him @ reserve when we finally get those 4 home meetings . rene @ reseve , who could see that coming ?

good to see sarj increasing his average this year . . not quite the doubling of his average what he promised , but close . increase of 004 !

rene on a 5 point something .  from number 1 to reserve . a bit like k.k.h . a few seasons ago .

cant see him heading up t Glasgee....  worky will never drop him . yer stuck with sarj .

2 hours ago, cometbaz said:

The first season Rene came to Workington he was a joy to watch. He had superb track craft and could move the bike around to make a pass. I really thought he was heading for the top but he has gone backwards since. He did have a good spell when he joined Glasgow half way through the season but he is a shadow of the rider he was.

He's also pretty head strong and may be chosing not to invest in his equipment or being selective in his efforts whilst the pay issues go on.

Worky would find it difficult to recruit a replacement if they dropped him, they couldnt even find a willing guest on Friday, so have to stick with him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MD said:

He's also pretty head strong and may be chosing not to invest in his equipment or being selective in his efforts whilst the pay issues go on.

Worky would find it difficult to recruit a replacement if they dropped him, they couldnt even find a willing guest on Friday, so have to stick with him.

yep , i am all for that . rene @ reserve for the rest of the season . job done . 

what i dont understand is riders not trying even when they are not (alleged) getting paid . shirley its in their own interest to try as hard as they can and when the pay chqe comes , it will be worth the wait and not the small amount that they have held back for .. eventually all riders do get paid for money owing from whatever team they ride for .+ it shows to other prospective employers that you can commit to the sport , even in adversity .

one more thing , how is sarj doing these days ? 

its lucky for glasgow worky could not find a willing guest .ha, ha .  oopps . thats two .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Good meeting at Glasgow , well done Worky for keeping it close all the lads tried their best.

Finally got back into Glasgow after confusion over buses ( replacement) and finished the night off with a few pints in the Drum and Monkey....oh and one or two night caps in the hotel!!

Most friendly and generous fans  at Glasgow Speedway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cometbaz said:

Nothing wrong with his form in Poland today, where he has scored 14pts in his sides victory at KSM Krosno.

• Like 1