British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Glasgow Vs Workington (Championship) 15/06/2018

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Nothing wrong with his form in Poland today, where he has scored 14pts in his sides victory at KSM Krosno.

You have to wonder where a lot of riders keep their best Machinary these days.How riders are still trying to sort out bikes makes you doubt it's over here.

• Like 3

personaly I think its more down to attitude towards the clubs they ride for  rather than the equipment they are using 

for that club 

maybe down to the deal there on set fee rather than outright points money 

we here storys about garunteed basic fee if they don't score more than a set amount of points

13 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

personaly I think its more down to attitude towards the clubs they ride for  rather than the equipment they are using 

for that club 

maybe down to the deal there on set fee rather than outright points money 

we here storys about garunteed basic fee if they don't score more than a set amount of points

If what I've read is true that clubs have to pay their own riders for home and away meetings out of the gate money from those home fixtures then somebody somewhere must be seriously out of pocket with our riders just to keep us where we are, we just dont have any home meetings to generate anything? :(

Agree about it being more an attitude problem than machinery but, to be fair, they also have bills to pay lives to lead etc and if they've done a job for you they should be paid promptly in cash not promises, I can see why some choose to do what they do but at the end of the day their poor performances dont just cost themselves money it costs the club valuable pts/cup ties and ultimately leads to poorer crowds via the knock on effect, no one really wins? :unsure:

• Like 1

i know a good few years back that the home promotion paid all travel for both sets of riders  and that the away team were on fixed points money and that the away promotion actually made up the difference in points money  for their team members ..

its not a bit of wonder that clubs are having a hard time paying riders as they only have 1/2 the income from the home meetings  for both home and away fixtures . YEP , speedway is in a proper mess these days . 

cant see the sport lasting another ten years , if i am honest . that not just @ workington , but all over . .support it while its there . .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i know a good few years back that the home promotion paid all travel for both sets of riders  and that the away team were on fixed points money and that the away promotion actually made up the difference in points money  for their team members ..

its not a bit of wonder that clubs are having a hard time paying riders as they only have 1/2 the income from the home meetings  for both home and away fixtures . YEP , speedway is in a proper mess these days . 

cant see the sport lasting another ten years , if i am honest . that not just @ workington , but all over . .support it while its there . .

A business plan that definitely needs upgrading for the 21st century? :D

I may have got this wrong but are you suggesting that the home team should be expected to pay the away teams points money and/or travel expenses. In what other sphere of work is your employer not responsible for paying you? Do Man. Utd. pay the Newcastle players each time they visit Old Trafford? (cue sarky comments).

Surely the problem is down to the bunch of t***ers who drew up this excuse for a fixture list. How difficult can it be to ensure that some teams do not complete 5 home league meetings before some teams complete any!  As they are almost wholly responsible for this situation they should ensure that there is some form of slush fund available to provide interest free short term loans to help tide struggling clubs over, at least until they have their next home meeting.

If I have completely got hold of the wrong end of the stick I apologise, my only excuse being that I have been constantly been watching football for 3 days solid and my brain has probably turned to mush. Though how good was it to see Mexico turn over the Germans:rofl:

8 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

I may have got this wrong but are you suggesting that the home team should be expected to pay the away teams points money and/or travel expenses. In what other sphere of work is your employer not responsible for paying you? Do Man. Utd. pay the Newcastle players each time they visit Old Trafford? (cue sarky comments).

Surely the problem is down to the bunch of t***ers who drew up this excuse for a fixture list. How difficult can it be to ensure that some teams do not complete 5 home league meetings before some teams complete any!  As they are almost wholly responsible for this situation they should ensure that there is some form of slush fund available to provide interest free short term loans to help tide struggling clubs over, at least until they have their next home meeting.

If I have completely got hold of the wrong end of the stick I apologise, my only excuse being that I have been constantly been watching football for 3 days solid and my brain has probably turned to mush. Though how good was it to see Mexico turn over the Germans:rofl:

Until recently the home promotion paid a percentage of the visiting riders points money the riders own team made up the difference, travelling expenses where usually shared when clubs had old fashioned tours and did the northern clubs on consecutive nights,  problem was not all clubs where great at paying their dues on time if at all 

Edited by DSC67
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Until recently the home promotion paid a percentage of the visiting riders points money the riders own team made up the difference, travelling expenses where usually shared when clubs had old fashioned tours and did the northern clubs on consecutive nights,  problem was not all clubs where great at paying their dues on time if at all 

so the alleged  non payment of workington riders is not a new thing . but other fans seem to think its just workington that had a cash flow problem . i was told by a dearly departed ex promoter that the home side payed their riders and also an agreed level of pay to the visiting team . the home promotion payed all the travel costs ( i think ) for both teams . 

workington have only had a handful of meetings at home ( if you dont count your thumb ) from march up until now  . dont know how you are supposed to pay money out , when you are not getting any money  in .

perhaps the team that does the fixture list will be more thoughtful in the 2019 season and start the season in  late may, early june   or it may be curtains  for some teams . 11 teams in the league is not working as i see it .

• Like 2