British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish GP 2018 Hallstavik

6 hours ago, f-s-p said:

But it’s been sold out  so who really cares.  If people stay home then thats naturally no good tv but other than that it’ll be good I hope.

It's Hallstavik, a small Elitserien track not a big stadium.  I am sure that a few ticketss have beeen sold already but not enough to make breakeven.

wvw

thousand 

13 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Surely you watch the game at a pub near the stadium and then go on to the speedway? A brilliant afternoon/evening.

Hallstavik is a small industrial. municipality in the north eastern corner of southern Sweden. I dont think there is a pub there., possibly a pizza shop. 

Bla Krogen does both but wont fit enough people.... lol

Bottom line is I hope for Micke’s sake that it turns out good for the club. Havent visited the track while it’s been developed. But with the rain during last years SEC I hope this is all good.

On 7/4/2018 at 3:24 PM, Ghostwalker said:

It's Hallstavik, a small Elitserien track not a big stadium.  I am sure that a few ticketss have beeen sold already but not enough to make breakeven.

wvw

thousand 

Hallstavik is a small industrial. municipality in the north eastern corner of southern Sweden. I dont think there is a pub there., possibly a pizza shop. 

Do you see good racing here or is it hard to pass ?    

A large screen is now available at the stadium to allow supporters to watch England whallop Sweden

57 minutes ago, Mark said:

A large screen is now available at the stadium to allow supporters to watch England whallop Sweden

MATCH kicks off at 4pm local time so should be over by 6pm ... unless it goes to penalties! 

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MATCH kicks off at 4pm local time so should be over by 6pm ... unless it goes to penalties! 

If the match goes to penalties I don't think England's luck will hold. And I am not confident that England can win in open play.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:49 PM, Mark said:

It's not the best track in Sweden but still relatively good/ok.

There will be a big screen available but only for those who pays another €5 to get into the festival area. I hope that it will pay off but Teurnberg was interviewed
on the radio a couple of days ago where he said that it would cost €50 000 to get the rights to broadcast  the Swedish game.
I don't know but I would assume that he somehow found a cheaper way?

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 9:04 AM, topaz325 said:

What about the Russia v Croatia, Emil and Artem will want to watch that!!:P

KELVIN T suggested to Emil at breakfast this morning that he skip his first two rides to watch Russia v Croatia. He could take his last three and still qualify for the semis:party:

More people talking about the soccer than the speedway. With regard to the track, had a chat with Jason D at Heathrow yesterday and he says it's a good track, lots of work has been done there.

2 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

It's not the best track in Sweden but still relatively good/ok.

There will be a big screen available but only for those who pays another €5 to get into the festival area. I hope that it will pay off but Teurnberg was interviewed
on the radio a couple of days ago where he said that it would cost €50 000 to get the rights to broadcast  the Swedish game.
I don't know but I would assume that he somehow found a cheaper way?

PERHAPS they could just plug it into the TV trucks:neutral:

Lets hope its COMING HOME...both the World Cup & the World Championship trophy courtesy of Tai!

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Tactical Joker said:

I’ll settle for a Lindgren win if England win the footee.

So for a laugh let’s predict Lindgren, Sayfutdinov, Woffinden.

Cant stand Lingdren or pedersen...anybody but them ???

Pics in twitter suggest that the crowd is good and plenty! 

25 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Pics in twitter suggest that the crowd is good and plenty! 

Yes very good crowd at stadium 

Greg, Pawlicki and Janowski have had Orionparken as their hometrack. Jonsson and Doyle currently have it as their hometrack.
Greg still lives in Hallstavik during the season.

Spectator size looks ok, around 6000 maybe?

Edited by Ghostwalker