British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish GP 2018 Hallstavik

Decent enough meeting with a few good races. Magic a cut above the opposition tonight and deserved winner. Shame he just can’t get a bit more consistent.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Decent GP, some good races. But for the final lap of semi final 2 I had the 4 finalists in the GP predictor. That said Zmarzlik certainly deserved to be in the final.

Traffic cost Woffinden in thr final, but I still think he'll have the World title sewn up with a round or two to spare if he avoids injury.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

As dull as Hancock is I can understand his inclusion, however there are at least two Danes who could/should have been picked ahead of Pedersen.

Just two? I'd rather see Madsen, Iversen & Jepson Jensen rather than Pedersen. Maybe even Kildemamd. But only Iversen's inclusion is mildly meritted this season.

1 hour ago, marko said:

Well done Maciej, that was an awesome Grand Prix, at no point was I even tempted to turn over and watch the football which I will do now its over.

I turned over while Nicholls & Quirk were prattling.

28 minutes ago, Col said:

Just two? I'd rather see Madsen, Iversen & Jepson Jensen rather than Pedersen. Maybe even Kildemamd. But only Iversen's inclusion is mildly meritted this season.

Madesen is usually good in the leagues but very weak in SGP/SEC. MJJ was awful last year and wasn't worthy a pick then but he has been really good this season.
One could have picked Lebedevs as a wc for this season judging by his form last season but he has been very mediocre this season.
NKI/Kildemand maybe but I don't think they add anything more then Nicki. Unfortunately, Denmark (like Sweden) doesn't really have any good
up-and-coming rider.

What on earth was wrong with Pedersen tonight, wonder if he was he ill, heappeared very subdued unlike him. We had a shot of him in the pits after the race taking his tabard off and he just looked tired and deflated. Usually Pedersen is cursing at everyone in sight and gesticulating at the mechanics about his bikes performance. Just not Pedersen.

Some great track racing with loads of overtaking and the track looked in great condition, obviously had been prepared well and watered well in advance, way different than the later Swedish matches on TV in a dust bowl.

I did say no Danes except NKI merritted a spot in the GP's this year. Pedersen creates more interest.

Don't think Madsen has ever really had a chance to establish himself on the world stage, the others have.

Nicki Pedersen is TOP of the averages in the Polish League. The toughest league of them all, yet some question his place in the top 16 in the world?

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Nicki Pedersen is TOP of the averages in the Polish League. The toughest league of them all, yet some question his place in the top 16 in the world?

Not just that they also say NKI should be instead when he has been pretty terrible everywhere and was very poor when replacing Vaculik 

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Not just that they also say NKI should be instead when he has been pretty terrible everywhere and was very poor when replacing Vaculik 

He has had problems with his shoulder though and recently underwent surgery to fix it.  
He have been very good for Smederna this season and averaging on 2.000/heat.

Agreed. Something must be up with NP. Not the same rider who turns out and carries Tarnow every week! Hope he gets it together as he is such a spectacular rider (and also the  series bad guy)

Suggestion that NKI deserves a place over NP is perhaps a bit short sighted but any suggestion that Kildeman should be riding is crazy. 

2 hours ago, James Carter said:

Agreed. Something must be up with NP. Not the same rider who turns out and carries Tarnow every week! Hope he gets it together as he is such a spectacular rider (and also the  series bad guy)

Suggestion that NKI deserves a place over NP is perhaps a bit short sighted but any suggestion that Kildeman should be riding is crazy. 

He had a broken hand in GP 1 and 2.  Scored well in 3rd GP  but had an off night in Sweden.  He likes the bigger tracks. 

Guest GiveusaB

I think Tai threw this one away with a touch of arrogance? (choosing gate 3?) yes, he won the semi from there but he was never going to beat Magic from that gate!

However, Tai is in untouchable form at the moment and his swagger is welcome and I hope he goes on to romp it!

Praying for a first Cardiff win !

Woffy Woffy Woffy!!!

I see woffindens covers carry the name John Titman  . if thats who is doing his engines he's going to be mighty busy