British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish GP 2018 Hallstavik

26 minutes ago, adonis said:

I see woffindens covers carry the name John Titman  . if thats who is doing his engines he's going to be mighty busy   

DON'T think it is ...

53 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DON'T think it is ...

earlier this year , the french lads in Belgium were using  John Titman tyres , I had never heard of them before . perhaps Woffinden is using them and getting extra grip . 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I think Tai threw this one away with a touch of arrogance? (choosing gate 3?) yes, he won the semi from there but he was never going to beat Magic from that gate!

I'm not sure that was arrogance, I thought it was maybe more a lack of confidence in his gating. 

If he took gate 1 and was then outgated he'd be clamped into turn 1. Taking gate 3 gives options for running round the field or cutting back at turn 2.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, adonis said:

earlier this year , the french lads in Belgium were using  John Titman tyres , I had never heard of them before . perhaps Woffinden is using them and getting extra grip . 

I AM not aware that any such tyres are homologated for SGP use. It would appear that many if not most riders use more than one tuner. Also, on Saturday at least don't think there was any rider on a PJR motor. How times change. And will probably do so again .

42 minutes ago, HenryW said:

I'm not sure that was arrogance, I thought it was maybe more a lack of confidence in his gating. 

If he took gate 1 and was then outgated he'd be clamped into turn 1. Taking gate 3 gives options for running round the field or cutting back at turn 2.

YOU can read his explanation in SS this week... certainly wasn't arrogance.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I AM not aware that any such tyres are homologated for SGP use. It would appear that many if not most riders use more than one tuner. Also, on Saturday at least don't think there was any rider on a PJR motor. How times change. And will probably do so again .

JTR is a homologated tyre atleast for a second season now. They might be making wheels as well, not sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

JTR is a homologated tyre atleast for a second season now. They might be making wheels as well, not sure.

THANKS for the correction. Haven't see any at SGPs though.

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

yes your right I think all the top boys are using his wheels.

6 hours ago, Mark said:

He had a broken hand in GP 1 and 2.  Scored well in 3rd GP  but had an off night in Sweden.  He likes the bigger tracks. 

Fair points. But what is odd is that he was still racking up big scores in Poland with the duff hand at the start of the year. 

13 minutes ago, James Carter said:

Fair points. But what is odd is that he was still racking up big scores in Poland with the duff hand at the start of the year. 

I agree but he struggled on tight tracks with his hand in GPs.  Found it easier on the big fast Polish tracks. 

Guest GiveusaB
15 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU can read his explanation in SS this week... certainly wasn't arrogance.

I'm not saying Tai is arrogant by any stretch....I class arrogance/confidence from the same stable....

May be he was super confident ! Or may be the 'warning' put him on the back foot and he played it safe?

Not that it matters.

51 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I'm not saying Tai is arrogant by any stretch....I class arrogance/confidence from the same stable....

May be he was super confident ! Or may be the 'warning' put him on the back foot and he played it safe?

Not that it matters.

HE thought the track was going to be watered, which it had been before his semi, hence his decision to take gate 3 for that race, which worked. Bit it wasn't and he surrendered the best gate to Janowski.

57 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HE thought the track was going to be watered, which it had been before his semi, hence his decision to take gate 3 for that race, which worked. Bit it wasn't and he surrendered the best gate to Janowski.

Is the track normally watered before Final,or is just a decision made on the night?

45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is the track normally watered before Final,or is just a decision made on the night?

IT is a decision taken on the night but very rarely before a final. There is a feeling amongst many of the riders that Phil Morris over-waters tracks. 

Edited by PHILIPRISING