Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish GP 2018 Hallstavik

Recommended Posts

I see woffindens covers carry the name John Titman  . if thats who is doing his engines he's going to be mighty busy   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, adonis said:

I see woffindens covers carry the name John Titman  . if thats who is doing his engines he's going to be mighty busy   

DON'T think it is ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DON'T think it is ...

earlier this year , the french lads in Belgium were using  John Titman tyres , I had never heard of them before . perhaps Woffinden is using them and getting extra grip . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I think Tai threw this one away with a touch of arrogance? (choosing gate 3?) yes, he won the semi from there but he was never going to beat Magic from that gate!

I'm not sure that was arrogance, I thought it was maybe more a lack of confidence in his gating. 

If he took gate 1 and was then outgated he'd be clamped into turn 1. Taking gate 3 gives options for running round the field or cutting back at turn 2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, adonis said:

earlier this year , the french lads in Belgium were using  John Titman tyres , I had never heard of them before . perhaps Woffinden is using them and getting extra grip . 

I AM not aware that any such tyres are homologated for SGP use. It would appear that many if not most riders use more than one tuner. Also, on Saturday at least don't think there was any rider on a PJR motor. How times change. And will probably do so again .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, HenryW said:

I'm not sure that was arrogance, I thought it was maybe more a lack of confidence in his gating. 

If he took gate 1 and was then outgated he'd be clamped into turn 1. Taking gate 3 gives options for running round the field or cutting back at turn 2.

YOU can read his explanation in SS this week... certainly wasn't arrogance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I AM not aware that any such tyres are homologated for SGP use. It would appear that many if not most riders use more than one tuner. Also, on Saturday at least don't think there was any rider on a PJR motor. How times change. And will probably do so again .

JTR is a homologated tyre atleast for a second season now. They might be making wheels as well, not sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

JTR is a homologated tyre atleast for a second season now. They might be making wheels as well, not sure.

THANKS for the correction. Haven't see any at SGPs though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

JTR is a homologated tyre atleast for a second season now. They might be making wheels as well, not sure.

yes your right I think all the top boys are using his wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mark said:

He had a broken hand in GP 1 and 2.  Scored well in 3rd GP  but had an off night in Sweden.  He likes the bigger tracks. 

Fair points. But what is odd is that he was still racking up big scores in Poland with the duff hand at the start of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, James Carter said:

Fair points. But what is odd is that he was still racking up big scores in Poland with the duff hand at the start of the year. 

I agree but he struggled on tight tracks with his hand in GPs.  Found it easier on the big fast Polish tracks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cook still struggling with set up and tuners,sounds like a broken record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU can read his explanation in SS this week... certainly wasn't arrogance.

I'm not saying Tai is arrogant by any stretch....I class arrogance/confidence from the same stable....

May be he was super confident ! Or may be the 'warning' put him on the back foot and he played it safe?

Not that it matters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I'm not saying Tai is arrogant by any stretch....I class arrogance/confidence from the same stable....

May be he was super confident ! Or may be the 'warning' put him on the back foot and he played it safe?

Not that it matters.

 

HE thought the track was going to be watered, which it had been before his semi, hence his decision to take gate 3 for that race, which worked. Bit it wasn't and he surrendered the best gate to Janowski.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HE thought the track was going to be watered, which it had been before his semi, hence his decision to take gate 3 for that race, which worked. Bit it wasn't and he surrendered the best gate to Janowski.

Is the track normally watered before Final,or is just a decision made on the night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy