British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick v Edinburgh 16.06.218 @ 7pm

5 hours ago, havenagotahope said:

Sadly not but with 3.37 points to spare sure we will see what the clubs ambitions are

Ambition has to be weighed against budget

4 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

Told you so......

Huge well done to the Berwick track staff and their magic covers...... never dreamed it would be on but it actually got dusty!

Was all set for plan B, an Indian take away, but the Berwick promotion and track staff worked wonders. Anywhere else and this would’ve been called off mid afternoon. Not the greatest racing, but some hard moves and another home win to send the locals home happy, albeit in a pretty meaningless meeting. 

Not the best of meetings mostly down to the conditions, but at least they got it on well done to all concerned. A good and much needed win after the previous two nights with everyone apart from Spud picking up a heat win , good choice of guest in Matty Weathers . Erik Riss looked very impressive, but Wells apart he lacked support . Couple of weeks off now for the guys to recover from the bumps and bruises and engine problems of the last few days , the K.O cup tie should be very interesting . 

• Like 1

Speaking to a few Monarchs fans they reckon could be a much changed team by the time the cup matches come around 

5 hours ago, Shadders said:

Ambition has to be weighed against budget

5 hours ago, Shadders said:

Was all set for plan B, an Indian take away, but the Berwick promotion and track staff worked wonders. Anywhere else and this would’ve been called off mid afternoon. Not the greatest racing, but some hard moves and another home win to send the locals home happy, albeit in a pretty meaningless meeting. 

But neither of these points will be taken into consideration by some fans on here

• Like 2

Good win last night for the KLS Bandits Academy. Last night's junior meeting was sponsored by the Berwick Bandits Supporters Club. 

IMG_1529223188255.jpg

• Like 3

First of all many thanks to my mate Allan ,Razor and the other 3 volunteers who were at the track at 7am putting down the covers or there would have been no speedway at all.Great win for the Bandits good choice of guest in Matty always know what you get with him.Don't think that score will have any bearing on the KO Cup,would like to think we could do the same again.There was someone on updates asking about M Mackillkenny in the junior meeting if anybody could put anything up sure they would appreciate it[did not stay for junior meeting],we also enjoyed our chat with Davids better half telling us about the team spirit hope Avas feeling better soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

First of all many thanks to my mate Allan ,Razor and the other 3 volunteers who were at the track at 7am putting down the covers or there would have been no speedway at all.Great win for the Bandits good choice of guest in Matty always know what you get with him.Don't think that score will have any bearing on the KO Cup,would like to think we could do the same again.There was someone on updates asking about M Mackillkenny in the junior meeting if anybody could put anything up sure they would appreciate it[did not stay for junior meeting],we also enjoyed our chat with Davids better half telling us about the team spirit hope Avas feeling better soon.

Think McIlkenny was 2nd in heat 1 then had 2 lasts.  In his 2nd heat was trying different lines to pass Blair but couldn't.  In his 3rd heat he was again pushing Blair for a couple of laps before slowing down a bit (not sure of the reason).

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Mark McIlkenny got 2 from 3 rides, Berwick won 24-12. It's good to see how many people stay behind and watch the juniors racing, you often get better racing than in the main match. Berwick have got a good junior setup going and good to see the other Northern tracks getting teams in the league as well.

• Like 1

Many thanks to all those who gave up their Saturday morning to put the covers down as it saved another meeting. With the covers down all day the track was very slick which made passing very difficult and gating a premium. Apart from Wells and Erik Riss the Monarchs gave very little resistance and they will need to be much better in the KOC matches in a couple of weeks though it seems there could be a change or two coming from the Monarchs.All the Berwick riders apart from Aaron Summers, who had a night to forget, won at least one race and Matty Wethers was a good choice of guest.

Great gesture from the supporters club in sponsoring the junior meeting and with their recent sponsorship of the academy riders, sad that the presentation could take place on the centre green as the donation to Jye Etheridge shouldve done so to. 

Reason for presentations in Black & Gold are we are not allowed to do them in stadium. Our last few which included Aaron getting Rider of the Month, 8 Academy riders, Last nights Junior Meeting which I don't think was even mentioned over the tannoy & Jye have all been done in Black & Gold for that reason.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

We stayed for the juniors but I didn’t mark my programme. I don’t like to single one out but there is one really wee guy who is heading for stardom - winning races AND playing to the supporters ..... big tick ..... keep it up!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Reason for presentations in Black & Gold are we are not allowed to do them in stadium. Our last few which included Aaron getting Rider of the Month, 8 Academy riders, Last nights Junior Meeting which I don't think was even mentioned over the tannoy & Jye have all been done in Black & Gold for that reason.

I`m sure there is a valid reason somewhere, but I am struggling to find one, giving the amount of help and support you and the rest of the supporters club have giving to both club and riders you would think it would be good PR at least to do presentations in-front of the fans in the stadium.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, screm said:

I`m sure there is a valid reason somewhere, but I am struggling to find one, giving the amount of help and support you and the rest of the supporters club have giving to both club and riders you would think it would be good PR at least to do presentations in-front of the fans in the stadium.

Politics 

• Sad 1