British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich - Sunday 17th June CS

45 minutes ago, iainb said:

2 hours and 40 minutes to run that! Why aren't tracks required to have 2 ambulances in attendance at a meeting? Cost one assumes?

ATB to Ully

4 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

are you willing to pay for the 2nd ambulance 

there not cheap you know

Peterborough do have two ambulances in attendance, however it is a medical decision whether to call and transfer to a County ambulance. Cost does not enter the equation where our medical cover is concerned.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Peterborough do have two ambulances in attendance, however it is a medical decision whether to call and transfer to a County ambulance. Cost does not enter the equation where our medical cover is concerned.

try telling the British Goverment that !

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The bit I don't get is when and why it became necessary to transfer to a County ambulance. Fortunately I wasn't at this so not affected but I have spent plenty of time sitting waiting on other occasions. I remember when, if there was a big crash, the ambulance would either drive round to the medical room at the back of the stand if my recollection is correct, or you'd see it driving out with blue lights flashing on its way to A&E. Surely the priority for injured riders in pain is to get them to hospital asap. Waiting for another ambulance is silly in such circumstances if that has to be the procedure. If we have two ambulances then logic dictates that one could go to A&E without delay. That's not a go at the club who do their bit if what you say is correct. What does need a bit more explanation is the reason for the convoluted procedure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

In that case I stand corrected, I only saw the one. I wonder why the medics would elect not to send him straight to hospital and call an ambulance?

I'm glad to hear Ulrich is OK after such a horrific looking crash

10 hours ago, Normski said:

Cost shouldn't come into the well being of an injured rider. We have 2 at Berwick and they have proved their worth. 

Do we not have to call the County Ambulance at times which causes a delay when transferring patients.?

Two ambulances do not necessarily mean two paramedics. No idea if there were two in attendance yesterday but I would assume Ulrich required one to acccompany him to hospital and a meeting requires a paramedic in attendance during racing.

13 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Two ambulances do not necessarily mean two paramedics. No idea if there were two in attendance yesterday but I would assume Ulrich required one to acccompany him to hospital and a meeting requires a paramedic in attendance during racing.

That's the way I understand it.

It is always announced at tracks that it is because the paramedic is with the injured rider, same as if someone falls ill in the crowd meetings are still held up while the paramedic is engaged. 

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

That's the problem during lengthy delays, people assume without actually knowing what the situation is. The one time that a roving mic and meaningful information would be useful and when I've been there it doesn't happen, although I bet thank you for your patience was uttered two or 3 times.

Neil

Could you please let us have an explanation for the lack of catering facilities yesterday.To many this is a further indication of the indifference shown towards Speedway by EOES. I know that catering is down to them

• Like 1

they have to have silence within the stadium when asesing riders after an accidents , outside noise has an effect on the readings on their equipment . hence no music and mic stuff .

life is more important than entertainment .

Credit David Lowndes at Peterborough Telegraph

IMG_20180618_112359.jpg

IMG_20180618_112355.jpg

Edited by Noodles
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, jenga said:

they have to have silence within the stadium when asesing riders after an accidents , outside noise has an effect on the readings on their equipment . hence no music and mic stuff .

Nobody has ever mentioned silence in that respect and nobody is asking for a running commentary. When the ambulance has moved off track and is sitting well behind the pits then I doubt that that is the case at the EoES anyway. Of course life is more important than entertainment and thankfully life threatening and/or very serious injuries are rare, so for the most part it is entertainment with paying customers to keep happy as well as ensuring that injured riders get treated promptly.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Credit David Lowndes at Peterborough Telegraph

IMG_20180618_112359.jpg

IMG_20180618_112355.jpg

Bloody hell he's a very lucky boy . 

Glad to hear it's nothing broken.

• Like 1

Whilst clearly rider safety is paramount what concerns people is the long delays in the circumstances ( it was over an hour  on Sunday) If there are two ambulances there is no obvious reason for the delay assuming both ambulances have qualified paramedics

2  ambulances need 2 doctors .nut trying to cause a stir here . 

2 hours ago, jenga said:

just stating a fact .