British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich - Sunday 17th June CS

8 hours ago, jimg said:

Anyone  know latest on Ulrich, has he returned to Denmark yet?

jimg

It was planned for Ulrich to travel home yesterday, I hope it happened and he is back very soon.

20 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

In the middle ages man kept animals for their meat and their clothes. If they had not civilisation would have died out in Northern Europe due to the harsh winters , so the vegetarians or vegans need to thank them

They kept animals to protect their grain.That is why we have domesticated cats,brought to Europe from Egypt by the Romans.Meat was expensive and even up to the 19th century lots of people survived on mainly a vegetarian diet.The reliance on vegetables or particularly the potato was shown in the famine in Ireland

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 7:05 PM, bigcatdiary said:

Anyone know of a club that routinely has two paramedics or 1 doctor and 1 paramedic at every meeting.

Newcastle has normally 4 Doctors and a Physio on call. One is my daughter. I've been told by a referee that we have more Doctors at Newcastle than the rest of all the other clubs put together. If you are going to have a bad one Newcastle is the place to be at . Just ask Rene Bach and Kyle Newman.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

That’s good to know. When promoters cut costs this is one avenue that gets the axe. Can’t put a price on the welfare of the riders. 

15 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

That’s good to know. When promoters cut costs this is one avenue that gets the axe. Can’t put a price on the welfare of the riders. 

It was only last year that we started with only 1 ambulance for cost reasons. I championed many times at BSPA Council/AGM meetings that it should be mandatory to have two Ambulances, but other promotions usually came back with costs, and that they had a hospital close to their track like Sheffield and the previous Glasgow.

Edited by Tsunami

11 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I just hope that any paramedics/Dr's bring a pack up in case of a lack of catering

A lot of the regulars including staff bring their own, a few more bring takeaway food in with them, because the refreshment stands usually in attendance are very expensive.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

A lot of the regulars including staff bring their own, a few more bring takeaway food in with them, because the refreshment stands usually in attendance are very expensive.

But that's fine when you know but when was the last time you went to an event when catering was AWOL without good reason or notice?

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

But that's fine when you know but when was the last time you went to an event when catering was AWOL without good reason or notice?

One of British speedway's little quirks I suspect. I can't even blame the promoter over this one because the venue is so strictly controlled. In a niche sport, anything can and does happen. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

One of British speedway's little quirks I suspect. I can't even blame the promoter over this one because the venue is so strictly controlled. In a niche sport, anything can and does happen. 

Wash your mouth out!!!! On no account must you upset the EOES as they are very sensitive to criticism

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Wash your mouth out!!!! On no account must you upset the EOES as they are very sensitive to criticism

I am at this very moment kowtowing to the EOES in deep regret for my frivolous suggestion. I do hope that I am not now banned from entering.

9 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I am at this very moment kowtowing to the EOES in deep regret for my frivolous suggestion. I do hope that I am not now banned from entering.

You are certainly unlikely to get a Burger should they decide  to allow the vans in for the next meeting

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Not really. Pretty basic stuff to have event catering at an event. It's somebody's fault that it wasn't there, even though the EoES call the shots on this as far as we know. Somebody who arrived early must have noticed. It's not the end of the world but unfortunately is a touch mickey mouse looking which is a tad unfair.

25 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Not really. Pretty basic stuff to have event catering at an event. It's somebody's fault that it wasn't there, even though the EoES call the shots on this as far as we know. Somebody who arrived early must have noticed. It's not the end of the world but unfortunately is a touch mickey mouse looking which is a tad unfair.

An explanation and a public apology would be the least the showground authority  should be doing but I wouldn't hold my breath . They like the income they get from speedway but can't provide the services and think it's o/k .

Whatever  the reason it seems clear that nobody from EOES deemed it necessary to inform Speedway.  Seems fairly simple to say either we forgot to book in the catering or we could not get anyone to come given  the amount we charge for the privilege . Speedway  been totally wrong footed by either incompetence or arrogance. Again I ask why Speedway no longer allowed to use proper car park and turnstiles and why Bar (even the building) is opened at last moment and is understaffed.

• Like 2