British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich - Sunday 17th June CS

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Whatever  the reason it seems clear that nobody from EOES deemed it necessary to inform Speedway.  Seems fairly simple to say either we forgot to book in the catering or we could not get anyone to come given  the amount we charge for the privilege . Speedway  been totally wrong footed by either incompetence or arrogance. Again I ask why Speedway no longer allowed to use proper car park and turnstiles and why Bar (even the building) is opened at last moment and is understaffed.

Showground authorities will not respond they are a law unto themselves and treat speedway supporters like second class citizens .

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Showground authorities will not respond they are a law unto themselves and treat speedway supporters like second class citizens .

They've been like that for the last 15 years but we were treated better when Bratley was doing the negotiating and then Frost/Mahoney/Oakes/Swales had the wads to get their way on plenty of occasions I'd imagine. It's only the last 5 years that the tide has changed for whatever reason and unhelpful issues occur on a more frequent basis.

It now seems clear that Panthers have no intention of letting supporters know the reason for catering debacle at this meeting . Must assume EOES have again threatened to take their ball home if people are nasty to them.

58 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

It now seems clear that Panthers have no intention of letting supporters know the reason for catering debacle at this meeting . Must assume EOES have again threatened to take their ball home if people are nasty to them.

It just proves they don't care about those attending speedway meetings, accept what we have to offer and don't bother complaining because although we want the rental fee you accept it on our terms or lump it seems to be the attitude from showground management, when all was needed was a respectful apology.

• Like 1

This issue is small beer in view of present  tribulations re Rye House and I am sure Panthers management have very valid reasons, but  bearing in mind the wider speculation this has caused it is in my view entirely unacceptable that managements stance is that hope it just all goes away and we all bring flasks and sandwiches in future just in case. I believe that management were aware from early on that there would be no catering facilities on that day

Edited by wealdstone