British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle v Edinburgh. Championship Sunday 17 June, 6.30

After a close defeat at Armadale on Friday, Newcastle will be strong favourites to gain full points against the Monarchs.

Will be interesting to see how Matej Kus fares on his home debut, while it is a welcome return for Robbo.

Looking forward to seeing Josh Pickering again. Hope he is as entertaining as when he guested for Ipswich. My favourite performance by an away rider so far this season 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Looking forward to seeing Josh Pickering again. Hope he is as entertaining as when he guested for Ipswich. My favourite performance by an away rider so far this season 

he was very poor at berwick tonight not good enough to be heat leader. He is very out of control rider does not think of the safety of others on track with him.

18 hours ago, bree34 said:

he was very poor at berwick tonight not good enough to be heat leader. He is very out of control rider does not think of the safety of others on track with him.

When was he out of control? Having watched him regularly he has great control, he gives 100% every time  just awful out of the gate. Could be a great rider if he learns to gate 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bree34 said:

Can we take it as read that you wasn't at Berwick last night, Josh Pickering may be many things but out of control isn't one of them. Silly post really.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scotchopper said:

When was he out of control? Having watched him regularly he has great control, he gives 100% every time  just awful out of the gate. Could be a great rider if he learns to gate 

Hope he never gets his gating gloves. Fabulous entertainment 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bri1966 said:

Hope he never gets his gating gloves. Fabulous entertainment 

i will 2nd that josh pickering came and attacked the track and got on with his job as did ricky wells and entertained me and others around me thats what i pay my money for. 

well done the 7 diamonds 

• Like 2

That was an entertaining match and, some good races. See that the '15 mtere handicap thing' was again debatable, ht4 after E Riss binned it and the Diamonds clearly on a 5-1, Ruml wasn't put on 15mts in the re-run !!!,,, there is just no consistency nowadays :(

Cracking meeting. Of the visiting riders this season I would love to watch Covatti and Pickering every eeek (hint hint)

• Like 2

Nice to see Robbo back and scoring good points and Kus picking up good points. Good team effort with everyone picking up at least a paid win and scoring at least paid 7.

11 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That was an entertaining match and, some good races. See that the '15 mtere handicap thing' was again debatable, ht4 after E Riss binned it and the Diamonds clearly on a 5-1, Ruml wasn't put on 15mts in the re-run !!!,,, there is just no consistency nowadays :(

Bit harsh that one, I don't think Riss could clear the track as he appeared stuck under the fence and at first I thought he had knocked himself out, not sure but he certainly didn't move for a while.

Another cracking match between the Diamonds and the Monarchs and all 7 Diamonds performing well and ensuring the win.  The win was a lot easier than I thought but that was in part down to the loss of Riss but credit to Wells and Pickering who were defo value for money.

I know we are getting the results at home but we are still too weak in my opinion but if we are winning matches at home can't see the team being changed and to be fair, I don't think anyone is available. Great to have Robbo back who looked like he had never been away.

Onwards to Sheffield next for hopefully another cracker and a win.

Did I hear Roy say that all 11 teams are involved at the 4 at Redcar on the 1 July?

3 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Bit harsh that one, I don't think Riss could clear the track as he appeared stuck under the fence and at first I thought he had knocked himself out, not sure but he certainly didn't move for a while.

'HARSH' ???,,, am sure the guy was lying there contemplating about how much 'vanish gold' it was gonna take to clean his kevlars ;)

No, tbh it looked a nasty one, but if you've seen the Edinburgh v Newcaste thread, you'll get the gist I was on about.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

52 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

'HARSH' ???,,, am sure the guy was lying there contemplating about how much 'vanish gold' it was gonna take to clean his kevlars ;)

No, tbh it looked a nasty one, but if you've seen the Edinburgh v Newcaste thread, you'll get the gist I was on about.

If you had seen him in the pits afterwards you would have understood why he didnt clear the track ;-) he didnt even know he was in Newcastle for a long time and asked his mechanic after about 20 minutes what had happened and where had he crashed. It was worrying to see him sitting in his chair with the lights on but no one at home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

If you had seen him in the pits afterwards you would have understood why he didnt clear the track ;-) he didnt even know he was in Newcastle for a long time and asked his mechanic after about 20 minutes what had happened and where had he crashed. It was worrying to see him sitting in his chair with the lights on but no one at home.

Well said Gav.

• Like 3