British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Mildenhall v Brummies Sun 17th June KO Cup 2nd leg

MILDENHALL: Josh Bailey, Sam Bebee, Danny Halsey, Ryan Kinsley, Danny Ayres, Drew Kemp, Matt Marson.

BIRMINGHAM: Alfie Bowtell, Layne Cupitt, James Shanes R/R, Callum Walker, Jon Armstrong, Arran Bucther, Leon Flint.

It really would have been a miracle for 2 guests, Reidar Replacement, a 15yo boy, and three passengers to have beaten the mighty Mildenhall on their own patch. The KO Cup was written off the moment the fixtures were announced. Still, c'est la vie in this league. just have to live with it.

To be fair Brum did really well to keep it so close, the guests did them proud and I'm not sure it would have been that much different had they had a full team, who knows ? 

The track definitely seemed different to normal yesterday and I'm sure the likes of Dan Halsey would have expected to get more points than he did. Also a couple of questionable refereeing decisions on the day. 

Shame the two teams had to meet at this stage of the competition, would have made a good final ! 

Hopefully it will be 2 full strength teams when the league matches come up and possibly the Trophy final. 

29 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

To be fair Brum did really well to keep it so close, the guests did them proud and I'm not sure it would have been that much different had they had a full team, who knows ? 

The track definitely seemed different to normal yesterday and I'm sure the likes of Dan Halsey would have expected to get more points than he did. Also a couple of questionable refereeing decisions on the day. 

Shame the two teams had to meet at this stage of the competition, would have made a good final ! 

Hopefully it will be 2 full strength teams when the league matches come up and possibly the Trophy final. 

As you know, only following Brum this season because of Leon being in the team. Looking at the Brum having a full signed team, I do believe they would have turned over Mildenhall, but as they say  you can only race with what you have on the day, thats life

On an aside, how did Leon do as Captain

Young Leon did very well IMO, I think that with him and Drew Kemp we certainly had the 2 most outstanding/up and coming kids in the country on show yesterday! 

37 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Young Leon did very well IMO, I think that with him and Drew Kemp we certainly had the 2 most outstanding/up and coming kids in the country on show yesterday! 

I think it was a good challenge for him, I watch him with others around him, he has the ability of a good leader.  It is odd watching him with all the young  kids at Berwick, who all look up to him, you forget that he is only 15.