British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Wolves v Belle Vue - KO Cup QF - 18.6.18

Can Wolves claw back a 24 point defeat at the NSS? I don't think they can despite a significant home advantage but Cookie is still struggling, Rohan doesn't do well there and I don't expect Damian to do anything on his first visit. It may depend on Garrity. He can do well at Monmore but there are no guarantees with Jason. We have done well this year despite losing Steve Worrall and I can't see us failing to score at least the 34 point required.

8 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Can Wolves claw back a 24 point defeat at the NSS? I don't think they can despite a significant home advantage but Cookie is still struggling, Rohan doesn't do well there and I don't expect Damian to do anything on his first visit. It may depend on Garrity. He can do well at Monmore but there are no guarantees with Jason. We have done well this year despite losing Steve Worrall and I can't see us failing to score at least the 34 point required.

I think B.V. will just do it. Their 2018 Away averages mount up to 32.4 for 6 riders, plus whatever Garrity scores. Wolves 2018 home average is 47.4, these are both GSA averages excluding bonus points.

Aces will progress thru unless they want to throw it away.

The tie was over after the first leg. And I expect the crowd to be dire clashing as it does with the England match. Also why should any Aces fans bother making the trip, there is no point is there ?

I think you will find that there is a coach travelling from Belle Vue and I shall also be there. I don't count my chickens and think the overall result could be closer than some expect. As for football, I wouldn't dream of missing speedway, even if it is England but accept that many casual fans will.

Edited by Aces51

I remember the Aces pulling back a similar deficit against Exeter at Hyde Road so Wolves fans don't want to throw in the towel just yet. As mentioned above Cookie is struggling, Rohan dosent go well round Monmore, cant see Damian doing much either, theres no reason Wolves cant do to us what we did to them, if Wolves get off to a good start and build momentum who knows?

IF the Aces can’t defend a 24 point deficit they don’t deserve to go through.

Fully expect Aces to be in the next round.

15 hours ago, bellevueace said:

I remember the Aces pulling back a similar deficit against Exeter at Hyde Road so Wolves fans don't want to throw in the towel just yet. As mentioned above Cookie is struggling, Rohan dosent go well round Monmore, cant see Damian doing much either, theres no reason Wolves cant do to us what we did to them, if Wolves get off to a good start and build momentum who knows?

Yes I remember the KO cup tie 51-27 away and 57-21 at home.

• Like 1

Well done the Aces a win on the night a nice bonus. Damian suprised me and with Dan and Jye a bit off too it augers well for rest of the season.

Firstly, congratulations to the Aces.

Secondly, which idiot said the following :  'They got a big score at their place but there's no reason we can't do the same'.

Peter, ever heard this one.

'Rather keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt'.

Edited by Wolfsbane

For the regular Wolves fans, what was the crowd like tonight, Thought it was odd running when there was a England match on, Also did they announce the result of it?,  

Well I wasn't expecting a win on the night. I thought Wolves would be fired up and after the first 3 races, when they were 8 points up, it looked as if they were but Cook, Fricke and Tungate got dialled in and it was the Aces who were up for the fight and wanted it far more. Damian was all at sea in his first ride and I expected him to struggle all night but in heat 8 he passed Greaves down the home straight going into the second lap and won easily. Those who made comments about Tungate's lack of ability at Wolves last year, when he and others struggled with the track, were made to look foolish tonight when he beat Thorssell and Masters with ease. Bewley wasn't making good starts and paid the price on a track where it was difficult to pass if those in front hugged the white line.

For Wolves, Howarth was impressive and Greaves more than did his job. Thorssell we solid, Morris is struggling now he has moved into the top 5 and Schlein and Masters were disappointing.

I don't know what the crowds have been like this year but it looked a poor turn out. Perhaps not surprising with England playing in the World Cup and the size of the defeat in the first leg.

Edited by Aces51
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Argos said:

For the regular Wolves fans, what was the crowd like tonight, Thought it was odd running when there was a England match on, Also did they announce the result of it?,  

I stand by the tapes. From that position I would estimate that the crowd was about 20% down on normal, just a guess though. No result was announced for the England match, which was good because I went straight home to watch the recording.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beowulf said:

I stand by the tapes. From that position I would estimate that the crowd was about 20% down on normal, just a guess though. No result was announced for the England match, which was good because I went straight home to watch the recording.

There were more empty spaces on the terraces than I have previously seen on my many visits to Wolves. It is worrying if that really was only 20% down on normal.

What I did notice last night was that there was only one racing line and that was right down by the kerb. I know that there has always been the fastest line coming out of the bends by the kerb but in the latter stages of meetings there was often an outside racing line. Last night the track staff were obviously concentrating on maintaining the "Karlsson Corridor" during the mid meeting track work and all that did was to continue the processional racing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

all that did was to continue the processional racing.

Another nail in the coffin, hammered by the BSPA themselves. Track staff don't act entirely on their own initiative, do they?