British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Wolves v Belle Vue - KO Cup QF - 18.6.18

Great result, awful speedway. Felt so sorry for our little entertainer. 

• Haha 1

On 19 June 2018 at 9:49 AM, Aces51 said:

There were more empty spaces on the terraces than I have previously seen on my many visits to Wolves.

. Last night the track staff were obviously concentrating on maintaining the "Karlsson Corridor" during the mid meeting track work and all that did was to continue the processional racing.

With a few weeks off already I don't think they wanted to leave it nearly a month til the next home meeting and being a foregone conclusion that Aces were going through it was best to run it this night.

The Karlsson Corridor is a very misleading term used at Monmore. It has nothing to do with Peter Karlsson who usually exited turn two out wide but it came from his brother, Mikael Max who was previously Karlsson. Mikael was the first to master hitting the kerb out of turn two where there is a soft patch and spring forward down the straight.

David Howe then managed to use it regular as did Freddie Lindgren but never PK so in reality it should be the Max Move, the Howe Hot Spot or the Lindgren Leap but Mr Tatum and Pearson used it once and it's stuck ever since. As they say ..... Speedway out of the top draw

• Like 2