British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBear

Redcar v Peterborough Thursday

13 hours ago, Lukas said:

Well done boys..Awesome win!.I always thought MPT had more in the tank and he's really starting to show that now and also Bacon is proving to be a real trump card lately..as is BWD. We just keep picking off these wins even with struggling riders in the team.

We're just one rider away....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

What happened to Stewart ? He was nigh on unbeatable when I saw him a few weeks ago.

His problem seems to be, he steps the back end of the bike out a little too far,  throws a mini locker, which scrubs his speed off, coming out of the corner. Small margins, can make a big difference.

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

His problem seems to be, he steps the back end of the bike out a little too far,  throws a mini locker, which scrubs his speed off, coming out of the corner. Small margins, can make a big difference.

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Totally agree and said that when I first saw him ride.

Having said that Bruce Penhall used to do it and didn't do too badly.

16 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Totally agree and said that when I first saw him ride.

Having said that Bruce Penhall used to do it and didn't do too badly.

Think with laydown engines, riding styles, have altered since then. Point taken though, Penhall, Gundersen, they all used to do it.

On 6/21/2018 at 11:23 PM, New era Panthers said:

Too late now, Ged offered to come on board when Brian Havelock was in charge but his offer was declined and I think he's more than happy running Peterborough even with a long round trip and we are more than happy to have him

I heard that Havvy was prepared to take the cash, but still run the club which didn't fit in with Ged's intentions. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I heard that Havvy was prepared to take the cash, but still run the club which didn't fit in with Ged's intentions. 

That sounds about right to me. Redcar's loss is Peterborough's gain. We love Ged being here despite what some outsiders think of him , he's passionate about his speedway and doing a grand job and long may it continue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I believe the Gladders brothers, put the boot in on that one. They are bigger shareholders. Some perceived slight from years ago responsible and the reason for it. Havelock wanted Ged on board.

21 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I believe the Gladders brothers, put the boot in on that one. They are bigger shareholders. Some perceived slight from years ago responsible and the reason for it. Havelock wanted Ged on board.

Interesting. Not the way I heard it, but what you have written could well be the reason, :neutral:

18 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Indeed, they didn't want to give up their holding...what I was told