British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, iainb said:

it's a while since he was given the opportunity at this level in the closed shop GP/SoN

He rode in the GP Qualifier for 2016 and 2018 and in the Danish SWC teams in 2016 and 2017, so hardly starved of opportunities.

yes but it's this year he's probably one of the top 3 or 4 riders in the world... and we keep getting NKI in the GP's

• Like 1

He was forth in the Polish averages last year but failed to qualify through the GP qualifiers (finishing 10th) and joint bottom scored for Denmark in Event 2 of the SWC.

it's a strange case isn't it...according to this forum he's dragging in £340k a year... so who needs the GP's

Hes been one of the top riders in Poland for a couple of seasons. 

Iversens selection as first reserve was right... wasnt long ago he was world number 3 and the top dog in the leagues, sadly a couple of nasty injuries have seen his form suffer and he isnt the rider he was any more. Whether he ever regains full form remains to be seen.

jepsen jensen certainly seems to be flying at the moment also.

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Iversens selection as first reserve was right...

Do they not use the next best from the GP Challenge anymore?

20 hours ago, MattK said:

He was forth in the Polish averages last year but failed to qualify through the GP qualifiers (finishing 10th) and joint bottom scored for Denmark in Event 2 of the SWC.

And hardly impressed in SEC either. 

18 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

And hardly impressed in SEC either. 

Maybe never had the right Exhaust on for these meetings;):(

He was accused of having a dodgy silencer by fellow riders.Said it sounded strange in the pits when warming up

Since then he had trouble.Not picked by Denmark for SWC etc.And as I mentioned it must have been more than just a personal clash with Stekkers as the situation remained pretty much the same when Secher had the job and now also with Hans

• Like 2

Strange that if they were concerned that the silencer wasn't legal, they didn't have it examined. 

2 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Strange that if they were concerned that the silencer wasn't legal, they didn't have it examined. 

Can’t remember the full story,but that is the way it often seems to go in speedway.Someone is slyly accused of something without anything official being done.I think Stekkers also talked about ‘polish speed’ in one SWC and I think said he knew what goes on as he rode in Poland and of course I think Olsen was also backing him up.But no official complaint was put in.We also had Holder and Ward making snide remarks about Smolis bikes on the GPs

It was also strange to me how the story came out on one or two Danish sites and I never saw any conclusion.It just seemed to disappear,but the aftermath was Madden seemed to be an outcast,so you had to conclude there was more to it than came out

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

If it's the same incident that I recall, they did check it and he was fined for having an illegal silencer.

It happened back in 2011. I think it was at the Danish qualifier to get into the GP qualifying rounds.

However, it was checked before the meeting started and although he was fined he was still allowed to race in the meeting, after changing silencer, and qualified.

As you may recall, others caught with illegal silencers that year suffered suspensions, so Leon got off very lightly.

Was it only 2011!!Had the feeling it was a good few years before that,but thought it was a Danish meeting and that Hougaard was one of those involved in complaining