British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

21•06•18 - Swindon v King’s Lynn - Premiership

It was only Jorgensen and iversen that mattered originally before rose quit. Jorgensen was our first signing before anything was done. And when an iversen wants to ride in the uk for your team you would be mad not to sign him. Young jasper was just a punt. If he missed a few meetings he was easily replaced. Rose quitting has caused the toft problems. 

There is a positive vibe at lynn at the meetings and the moaners are in the minority. I hope other people who read the forum realise that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

What I can't understand is even if the goalposts were moved after the Danish riders were all signed, why not try running on Mondays with a full team instead of those Weds, with several riders missing? Why could not Buster or Brundle told us that that is what had happened and we would be more sympathetic / understanding?  No-one has talked to the fans any more than in previous years. Suddenly a Monday was tried ( even running against an England football match ) and a crowd of nearly 1,000 was achieved. Could have drawn a bigger crowd on earlier Mondays. with a full team, if they had tried. Poor tactical thinking is what it comes across as.  A much more symbiotic relationship with the KL supporters could have been achieved, which costs nothing.

The main reason I can think of is Iversen and Lambert not wanting to fly back to Britain on a Monday in between a Sunday Polish match and a Tuesday in Sweden more often than they need to. One would imagine they agreed terms based on Thursday nights originally.

Edited by Bagpuss

Swindon 46

Morris 12 • Musielak 9+1 • Ellis 8+2 • Batchelor 7 • Bellego 6+1 • Wajtknecht 4+2 • Smith 0

King’s Lynn 44

Lambert 16+1 • Iversen 8 • Jorgensen 7+1 • Doolan 5+1 • Kerr 5 • Morley 3

2 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Swindon 46

Morris 12 • Musielak 9+1 • Ellis 8+2 • Batchelor 7 • Bellego 6+1 • Wajtknecht 4+2 • Smith 0

King’s Lynn 44

Lambert 16+1 • Iversen 8 • Jorgensen 7+1 • Doolan 5+1 • Kerr 5 • Morley 3

You aren't going because it will be a walkover but then you predict a 2 point margin. Strange.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Quite a number of Swindon fans may choose to hold on to their £17 than watch this patched up encounter. Unless they adore steamroller wins. If Morley, Doolan and R/R score more than 8 between them I will be very surprised. Reaching 40 will be quite a "team" effort.

This Swindon fan doesn't. Rather win by 2 against a full team than 30 against a select team.

• Like 1

Can't see Lynn getting any thing from this meeting. Doolan is a has been and Morley has been around a while but never made it as a top flight rider.

40 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The main reason I can think of is Iversen and Lambert not wanting to fly back to Britain on a Monday in between a Sunday Polish match and a Tuesday in Sweden more often than they need to. One would imagine they agreed terms based on Thursday nights originally.

I am sure that you have got it just about right. What a pity that it turned out this way.

Just as you start to get interested once again in the Stars, and get some momentum, this happens.

Another meeting with almost half the riders missing. Can't be arsed with it anymore. I'll be happy when/if we win but gone are the days when I sit glued to updates/twitter awaiting heat by heat updates when we are riding away. I don't even care too much whether we win or lose at home either as long as it's entertaining.

Poor management has done this to me, both at the club and in the wider sense of those that run the sport.

The execution of the fixed race night policy just sums everything up for me. We select Danish riders who cannot ride on Wednesday's in the UK a lot of the time, and then we also have to ride on Thursday against teams when our riders are already doubling up with their Championship clubs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

You aren't going because it will be a walkover but then you predict a 2 point margin. Strange.

Mr Internet doesn’t leave the house thecoombdog.....I will be missing this match as I’m off to Russia to watch England play in the World Cup! 

14 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Mr Internet doesn’t leave the house thecoombdog.....I will be missing this match as I’m off to Russia to watch England play in the World Cup! 

Stay safe Hyabb. I heard they are targeting homosexuals over there!

Apparently Rosco has given David a target of 16 points from next 2 meetings to prove his worth to team. 

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

It's hard to stay positive as a Stars fan. Can see another heavy loss tonight. Why are the  Stars promoters so thick? Can't they see a big majority of there fans are pissed off with missing riders every week. Dale Allitt is a nice enough man but he says the same old crap about it every week. Lynn's promotion are so useless they would serve Carlsberg as refreshments at a alcoholic anonymous meeting.

I can't imagine how sad someone's life must be that they just sit on a forum all day posting trolling posts to try and get a reaction. Just feel sorry for anyone like that.