British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

21•06•18 - Swindon v King’s Lynn - Premiership

We now find Kasper Andersen is suspended from British racing, having deemed to have concussion, yet cleared by a GP the next day to race in Denmark on Wednesday!

Words fail me. Its not the Managements fault, but if I was in their shoes, he would be out of the door, and replaced with a young British rider. Surely we can't do any worse?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bunce said:

We now find Kasper Andersen is suspended from British racing, having deemed to have concussion, yet cleared by a GP the next day to race in Denmark on Wednesday!

Words fail me. Its not the Managements fault, but if I was in their shoes, he would be out of the door, and replaced with a young British rider. Surely we can't do any worse?

Correct, any NL rider on a 2 to bring through is the way to go.

We need to stop the training of foreign rider's, especially those that really ain't very good.

Andersen would be better off riding in the Championship

• Like 1

Do Swindon still have to race on Thursdays. A source has told me that dog racing is now only on Saturdays. Is this correct?

4 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Do Swindon still have to race on Thursdays. A source has told me that dog racing is now only on Saturdays. Is this correct?

No Monday, Wednesday Friday and Saturday

28 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Surely with the Poultec academy based from Kings Lynn and the extra track time afforded to those riders one must be worth a look? In terms of Brits who would hold their own at least against the opposite numbers Morley, Mountain, Bacon, Hume or Shanes all have to be a more positive signing than sticking with Andersen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

While i agree i think it's time for Andersen to be replaced.Your making it sound like it's his fault he is riding in Denmark.I don't blame him for that,if he was cleared by a doctor he is going to race.

I thought that this concussion "ban" was across all leagues / countries and was being closely monitored ( as it should be ). For the safety of all riders.

2 hours ago, Bunce said:

I'm led to believe that Anderson still carries his 4 point starting average at the moment. I'm up for a young British rider to fill his shoes, but not a 2 pointer at this stage of the season. If we want to reach the play offs this season, we need to use all the 4 points available imho. Build a team next season with a young Brit at number 7 by all means. Might seem a bit harsh, but that's the way I see it.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm led to believe that Anderson still carries his 4 point starting average at the moment. I'm up for a young British rider to fill his shoes, but not a 2 pointer at this stage of the season. If we want to reach the play offs this season, we need to use all the 4 points available imho. Build a team next season with a young Brit at number 7 by all means. Might seem a bit harsh, but that's the way I see it.

Totally agree, the reason we've said a young 2 point Brit is because that's the standard Andersen's riding at. If the team can cope with his 2 point average they may as well use a 2 point Brit.

But yes, replace him with a 4 pointer now is a must.

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Totally agree, the reason we've said a young 2 point Brit is because that's the standard Andersen's riding at. If the team can cope with his 2 point average they may as well use a 2 point Brit.

But yes, replace him with a 4 pointer now is a must.

Going by past seasons they won’t make a change. 

3 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

They do not have to race on thursdays it is just that it was their race night.  Most of the meetings for the rest of the season are on a monday and wednesday.  It will be interesting to see what the fan numbers are like for the mondays and wednesdays, more fans may pick and choose which meetings they attend.

I see dick head is now talking to one of his other multi names on the same thread.

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

They do not have to race on thursdays it is just that it was their race night.  Most of the meetings for the rest of the season are on a monday and wednesday.  It will be interesting to see what the fan numbers are like for the mondays and wednesdays, more fans may pick and choose which meetings they attend.

I see dick head is now talking to one of his other multi names on the same thread.

Wednesdays were actually Swindon's alternate race night when they raced on Saturdays, so, as you say, it will be interesting to see how crowds hold up.

15 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

I see Matt Ford fan isn’t even trying to pretend he’s not a multi anymore. The predictions, the “ inside information “ and the slating of riders is so similar across his multiple personalities he doesn’t even try to hide it. 

I wonder what what his next t reincarnation will be?   

Probably "Danny Bird's Whiff Whiff" because he must be on something ...

I am in two minds as to whether he is schizophrenic...

I see there are very few comments about the actual meeting last night  so I take it was very average. I opted to watch the World Cup last night, sounds like I didn't miss much. What was the attendance like? 

4 hours ago, jeffster said:

Probably "Danny Bird's Whiff Whiff" because he must be on something ...

I am in two minds as to whether he is schizophrenic...

Please don't make jokes about that please it's not funny.

• Thanks 1