British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Championship Shield Semi-Final Qualification is a Sham

it was until you came on . ha , ha , ha .

Now we have our four qualifiers how long will it be before we actually find out who plays whom, where and when? 

Going to be tricky considering that all of these team's have ongoing excuses for not riding without their full complement of rider's available? 

End of the season maybe? :D

Edited by Lord Lucan

32 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Now we have our four qualifiers how long will it be before we actually find out who plays whom, where and when? 

Going to be tricky considering that all of these team's have ongoing excuses for not riding without their full complement of rider's available? 

End of the season maybe? :D

Draw sometime in September for ties in October :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

workington v scunthorpe 

lleakside  v tuther lot 

Glasgow v NO ONE  lol

1 hour ago, jenga said:

workington v scunthorpe 

lleakside  v tuther lot 

Glasgow v NO ONE  lol

I would like to think Workington draw Lakeside in the semi finals so they can redeem themselves after the thrashing they got there in the league match.

27 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I would like to think Workington draw Lakeside in the semi finals so they can redeem themselves after the thrashing they got there in the league match.

wouldnt we all .. but i can see it being a cost thing 

Lakeside were in the same group as Peterborough so I can't see them drawing each other in the semis , does anyone know when the draw is ?

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Draw sometime in September for ties in October :rolleyes:

With the number of Home fixtures Workington still have to run be lucky if they can fit it in this season:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I would think Comets v Peterborough as our best/better option being as we have riders that like to go AWOL at the other two, at least this way one of those tracks will be removed from our equation!! :D

• Like 1

Should've just had the winners of each group going into a 3TT final like they had in the eighties and nineties, then we wouldn't have all the arguments about who the better second place team is.

Maybe the final s/f spot should've been decided in alphabetical order.......   :rolleyes:

"Ooooh yesss!  But REVERSE alphapetical order..." comes the cry from South Yorkshire :D    

Edited by PE7Panther

8 hours ago, Bash said:

Should've just had the winners of each group going into a 3TT final like they had in the eighties and nineties, then we wouldn't have all the arguments about who the better second place team is.

Good idea, I always enjoyed the craven shield 3tt finals.

On 6/19/2018 at 11:32 AM, Bash said:

It's all about the money, two semi's and a final = six extra fixtures altogether this way v one final after the group stages....decent idea nonetheless!! :t:

I thought this year was all about saving money, with each team having a leg of the final in a 3TT each team would only have 1 meeting less if they made it through to the final as the format is now.

When you put it like that there is a certain simplicity to the logic!! :D