British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Lakeside 22.6.18 7.30pm

Danny was brought in at the start of the season with no expectations heaped upon him... All that was asked was for him to go out and do his best... Which he is,... Probably trying too much to be fair, which accounts for the odd tumble now and again. You can see him putting the effort in, effort that isnt always reflected in his scores.  There's few out there that could do a better job on his average...so give the lad a break...Show him support and encouragement instead of putting extra pressure on the poor kid.  

We've shown loyalty to Stevie, Stefan and Gino during hard times ... Danny deserves the same.

Keep faith, fingers crossed, our injury problems should start to ease soon and we can kick on again.

Edited by Albert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

I do feel for Danny, you can't fault his efforts or commitments to Scunny, and is a top bloke, hes certainly not off the pace either.. Thing is if we was to replace him, which 2 pointer would come in and do a better job than Danny? I'll wait here..

My point, too, plus riding with & against better riders. We knew when the team was made that we hoped he would chip in with a few points & he has improved his average slightly. Is he carrying a bit too much weight compared to the other youngsters because of his injury last year & has bulked up in muscle to protect his back.Luck is not going our way at the moment & I still think we are guesting in the wrong position. Bowtell scored 4+2 from his first 2 rides but luck was with him. Manzares locked up to avoid Phillips, put his arm up expecting the race to be stopped(his mistake), then set off after Bowtell.  Two retirements in heat 4 gave him more points that he wouldn't have expected but it's about being in the right place at the right time & it is not going our way. The scores posted above by our guests at no1 have, in my eyes, been poor, but terrific effort by Wright in heat 10 to get by Ellis showed a bit of fight or was he wound up by other things. We will see next week what he can score. Did anyone else see the scores Schlein scored after Friday? 15 from 6 at P'boro, 6 from 4 at home in PL & 12+2 from 5 at home v Edinburgh. Let us, also, see hoe Howarth goes! Our best guest used has been Summers at Glasgow & he was at no2!!!!!! I am sure our better riders could & have scored better than our guests at no1(11 & 9 using Auty, Garrity, Allen & Nielsen).

I, also, wait with interest the names of riders who could replace Phillips if we went down that route. Scoring big points regularly in the NL must give you confidence but does not make you a 3 point rider in the CL. It is a big step up.

• Like 1

Did think the ref made some bad decisions last night... firstly, Adam Ellis, wheel spun at the start of heat 10 (I believe it was) which was brought back with Ellis given a warning.. then in the rerun, Ellis jumps the start and it wasn't brought back (WHY!!!!!) and secondly, When Nick Morris fell in heat 15, (the first staging) the Scorpions were on a 5-1, and rulings do state if a rider falls when the opposite team is on a 5-1, the faller is excluded and his teammate goes off 15m, why didn't that happen last night.. it happened to us enough times at Glasgow a few weeks back

1 minute ago, ScunnyDan said:

Did think the ref made some bad decisions last night... firstly, Adam Ellis, wheel spun at the start of heat 10 (I believe it was) which was brought back with Ellis given a warning.. then in the rerun, Ellis jumps the start and it wasn't brought back (WHY!!!!!) and secondly, When Nick Morris fell in heat 15, (the first staging) the Scorpions were on a 5-1, and rulings do state if a rider falls when the opposite team is on a 5-1, the faller is excluded and his teammate goes off 15m, why didn't that happen last night.. it happened to us enough times at Glasgow a few weeks back

Did he make the effort to leave the track?

It was hardly a deliberate fall though... no real case to put Lawson off 15m.

Edited by Albert

Not too sure if Danny was trapped as it was right in front of us but hidden by the air fence in heat 7 but Lakeside had riders in 1st & 2nd & Garrity did not go off 15m either, so there were 2 instances when this rule could have been applied. Let us not be biased but look at all heats that could have had infringements to both sides.

• Like 1