British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Rye House v Belle Vue - 20.06.18

32 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

You might be interested to note that Drozdz, while being named weekly in the Wroclaw side is hardly getting a ride over there, being replaced by the number eight each time.

Credit to BV for the win, it was deserved. Drozdz looked impressive tonight as did Garrity and Tungate sometimes.

Hats off to Kasprzak who rode his socks off as did Nicholls (tonight didn't go his away but he gave his all and credit to him for that). In truth we have been walking a tightrope at home all season and this time our luck run out.

Time to look hard at the team "and the budget" whilst anyone will want fantasy signings my first consideration is to have speedway at Rye House next year.

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Like 3

The Aces were well worth the victory and 2 pt difference is not the real story only Dan and Jye struggled really the mad Manc Jason was quality all night and him and Cooky did the business in heat 15 if it want for KK it would have been embarrassing 

6 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Credit to BV for the win, it was deserved. Drozdz looked impressive tonight as did Garrity and Tungate sometimes.

Hats off to Kasprzak who rode his socks off as did Nicholls (tonight didn't go his away but he gave his all and credit to him for that). In truth we have been walking a tightrope at home all season and this time our luck run out.

Time to look hard at the team "and the budget" whilst anyone will want fantasy signings my first consideration is to have speedway at Rye House next year.

Honest review. 

Been somehow scraping home wins all year. This result was coming. Don’t know how long they will persevere with Max Clegg. The kid can’t buy a heat win. 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

Enjoyed the meeting last night.

Belle Vue deserved the win and TBH it should have been an even bigger win but for some unfortunate falls. 100% commitment from both sides.

Impressed with the ref, who after the delays with the sun and air fence was putting the 2 minute warning on about 5 seconds after the race had finished. That really should be the norm.

As has been said, this defeat has coming coming all season. Be interesting to see what the management do now.  Personally I would just like them to be honest and upfront with the fans. If they can't afford to make changes, then tell us. We can then just enjoy the racing.  No need for false promises, that just leads to disgruntled fans.

• Like 3

Petulance - that is only reason why KK scored 2 from 4 rides on Monday at KL and then this majestic display. That level of poor temperament is what is limiting KK's return to the highest level. He was shameless and arrogant on Monday.

4 hours ago, Shadders said:

Been somehow scraping home wins all year. This result was coming. Don’t know how long they will persevere with Max Clegg. The kid can’t buy a heat win. 

Yes anyone could see it coming, but Dumb and Dumber haven't helped. They have made the team weaker with Robson returning and are well under the limit. What the hell is Clegg still doing here at the end of June??? Although Garrity is a plonker, Rye should have been all over him after his scores and watching him this season.

As someone has mentioned, if there skint and have no money then come out and say it so the fans can get the picture. It just seems they have no idea how to build a team or have any knowledge of riders who could come in and improve it all. Be proactive ffs, they waited until home defeats last season before they realised the team wasn't strong enough then missed out by a point or two.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Petulance - that is only reason why KK scored 2 from 4 rides on Monday at KL and then this majestic display. That level of poor temperament is what is limiting KK's return to the highest level. He was shameless and arrogant on Monday.

KK was struggling at Poole a few seasons ago. He was sent to a sports psychologist. The following season, he came 2nd in the World Championships. He then said he was ok and didnt required further counselling. The next season he was appalling in the GPs. Yet he still refuses to go back and sort himself out. 

Its so obvious what he needs to do, to everyone around him, except him.

Strange guy.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

Enjoyed the meeting last night.

Belle Vue deserved the win and TBH it should have been an even bigger win but for some unfortunate falls. 100% commitment from both sides.

Impressed with the ref, who after the delays with the sun and air fence was putting the 2 minute warning on about 5 seconds after the race had finished. That really should be the norm.

As has been said, this defeat has coming coming all season. Be interesting to see what the management do now.  Personally I would just like them to be honest and upfront with the fans. If they can't afford to make changes, then tell us. We can then just enjoy the racing.  No need for false promises, that just leads to disgruntled fans.

17 minutes ago, Chris said:

Yes anyone could see it coming, but Dumb and Dumber haven't helped. They have made the team weaker with Robson returning and are well under the limit. What the hell is Clegg still doing here at the end of June??? Although Garrity is a plonker, Rye should have been all over him after his scores and watching him this season.

As someone has mentioned, if there skint and have no money then come out and say it so the fans can get the picture. It just seems they have no idea how to build a team or have any knowledge of riders who could come in and improve it all. Be proactive ffs, they waited until home defeats last season before they realised the team wasn't strong enough then missed out by a point or two.

I agree with you both, KevtheRev and Chris. As fans, when we see our team struggling it is only natural that we have conversations amongst ourselves where we suggest what team changes could be made. But as we do so, we look around the track and we don't see thousands of paying punters. As you guys have said, if Jenson or Shroek were to say  "We'd like to make changes but there ain't no money" or "We are looking at possible changes, bear with us for now", it would be appreciated.

This from our esteemed team manager on the BSPA website: “You know, it’s still relatively early in the season; it’s not a case of alarm bells. We’ve got to look at a couple of things, but that will come in time.” Strange that.I heard alarm bells around March  this year.Talk about fiddling while Rome burns!

2 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

I agree with you both, KevtheRev and Chris. As fans, when we see our team struggling it is only natural that we have conversations amongst ourselves where we suggest what team changes could be made. But as we do so, we look around the track and we don't see thousands of paying punters. As you guys have said, if Jenson or Shroek were to say  "We'd like to make changes but there ain't no money" or "We are looking at possible changes, bear with us for now", it would be appreciated.

I suspect that one of the concrete rules that you sign up for as a Promoter ( with the BSPA ) is Say Nothing, Tell No-One, play the We Have Nothing to Add card at all times. Far, Far stricter than the Magic Circle! Fans! Who needs them!

Edited by waytogo28
correction

16 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

The Aces were well worth the victory and 2 pt difference is not the real story only Dan and Jye struggled really the mad Manc Jason was quality all night and him and Cooky did the business in heat 15 if it want for KK it would have been embarrassing 

But you could have lost as Nicholls caught the tapes with his helmet and then an uncharacteristic fall when poised to go past Garrity.

Odd team changes where I thought Clegg could have taken Nicholls place when he hit the tapes and got his 3rd ride out the way, starting 15 metres behind at Rye is certain defeat it ain’t Belle Vue!

Dare I say it but Kennett would have made the difference.

Belle Vue do have a talented team and deserve success.

Edited by GWC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Cant comment on Monday but I guess it was a bad day at the office but overall I think KK in the 20 odd matches for the Rockets has been more than fine (four home matches he has won heats 13 and 15 when we needed it) and after flying in from Poland and crowds of 12 -15,000 and seeing Max Clegg unloading his bikes one wonders what goes on his mind. Like everyone I suspect he will go through a spell that has blighted his career in England but that hasn't happened yet, so please give credit where credits due.

My bigger concern is Chris Harris, another home meeting laced with 3 very ordinary rides mixed with 1 belter (last night he got overtaken by BOTH opponents on one lap) not the trademark of "even if I lose I will be buzzing around the riders in front of me" that has graced his career has made him such a crowd favourite. A normal Bomber score would have allowed us to accommodate Nicholls (still he busted a gut in every race) who really did have "one of those nights

7 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

Absolutely, if the business plan needs to be watered down, please say so, I will continue to support the Rockets through and through.

• Like 1

Dan Bewley showing once again he can't do it on the small tracks? or I am being too harsh on the lad?

16 minutes ago, marko said:

Dan Bewley showing once again he can't do it on the small tracks? or I am being too harsh on the lad?

Rides Wolverhampton and Ipswich well , are they considered small tracks ?