British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Belle Vue Wed 20th June NL

BIRMINGHAM BRUMMIES: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, James Shanes, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Arran Butcher, Leon Flint.

BELLE VUE COLTS: Tom Perry, Ben Woodhull, Kyle Bickley, Joe Lawlor, Jack Smith, Paul Bowen, Kean Dicken.

Think Shanes is a great signing. Flint helluva prospect, Colts have nothing at reserve. Hope I'm wrong, but going 55-35 Brummies.

Really looking forward to the return here in Manchester in Friday though - after the brilliant British Final I need my NSS racing fix! 

Two good matches..wednesday and Friday 

will be there on Friday weather permitting 

8 hours ago, ouch said:

Flint will decide this. 

Flint & Kemp decide a lot of meetings having  sometimes 6 but mostly 7 rides

Yes, please can both Birmingham and Mildenhall hurry up and get your 4 league meetings done to help the rest of us! :rolleyes:

Edited by gazzac

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Yes, please can both Birmingham and Mildenhall hurry up and get your 4 league meetings done to help the rest of us! :rolleyes:

I would be inclined to agree would make for more competitive meetings at home for sure . Obviously i want us to win but I find a fixture more exciting when the scoreline is tight ..

33 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I would be inclined to agree would make for more competitive meetings at home for sure . Obviously i want us to win but I find a fixture more exciting when the scoreline is tight ..

Agree,the most satisfying meetings are a 49/41 win having got a 5/1in heat 15 to take all 3 points and restricting the away team, although if it's a cracking match, 46/44 is great and gives the away team something for their efforts in making a great meeting.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 3

Guest GiveusaB
19 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Flint & Kemp decide a lot of meetings having  sometimes 6 but mostly 7 rides

Not true where Flint is concerned!!!

Flint has only taken programmed rides at home ALL season....As we're a 4-man team, we need all the help we can get on our travels!

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17842/coventry-nt-30-05-2018

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17879/eastbourne-nl-06-2018?page=1

Flint, in other meetings, has taken extra rides through IRR, r/r or heat 15 but these 2 were reserve swaps!

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17842/coventry-nt-30-05-2018

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17879/eastbourne-nl-06-2018?page=1

Flint, in other meetings, has taken extra rides through IRR, r/r or heat 15 but these 2 were reserve swaps!

Eastbourne match = (these extra rides were a R/R and a Heat 15 selection, not extra reserve rides)

As for the Coventry meeting? Butcher fell and got injured in his first race and Couldn't continue ? (so, I saw that as a forced replacement....not a tactical one)

Next ?

Edited by GiveusaB

Eastbourne match

Heat 14: Flint, Edwards, Walker, Dugard 4-2 (49-35) 62.41
Line Up: Walker, Butcher Flint, Edwards, Dugard
Comments: Flint replaces Butcher.
Flint gated with Eagles behind but Walker steamed past both of them round the outside. He drew up alongside Flint who i dont think realised it was his team mate and shut door on him which enabled Edwards to come through to 2nd.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17879/eastbourne-nl-06-2018?page=1#ixzz5J3fKQhsX

Flint took a r/r in heat 9 but no heat 15 unless you know different to the updates?

next??

As for the Coventry match, Butcher fell in his 1st ride took his 2nd & 3rd & was replaced in his 4th.

If you know different to the updates & there is nothing on your own website report to say there was an injury.

next???

Guest GiveusaB
1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

As for the Coventry match, Butcher fell in his 1st ride took his 2nd & 3rd & was replaced in his 4th.

If you know different to the updates & there is nothing on your own website report to say there was an injury.

next???

Quite right....apologies...you win! Flint has taken '1' extra reserve ride over 9 Home Meetings! (without checking the records...)

I wasn't at the Eastbourne match, so just assumed? should've checked the records closer ? : ) 

He took the Heat 15 ride last week against Buxton.

Well done...1-0 to you : )

My original comment about Flint wasn’t about where he rides but the fact he is in the Birmingham lineup. I’ll say the same once he moves up. Far better rider than Dicken as was shown last night and no doubt tomorrow.