British Speedway Forum
BuxtonTiger

Under 21 Team - Glasgow 14th July

Weather forecast brilliant, so no excuses get yourself to Ashfield and support the Brits or one of the three other teams if you prefer 

Good luck to Dan & Co tonight. After being at Scunny, Redcar & Armadale..... I wasn’t allowed out

Awesome meeting to watch, some real prospects out there tonight. Credit to the young riders, no fannying about, no gamesmanship at the start, no gardening at the tapes, just riders wanting to race and getting stuck in. Germany were off the pace but Jan Kvech looks decent as do a couple of the Australians. Lidsey was superb but no match for Bewley who rode like we wanted him to last season. Nathan Greaves and Connor Mountain looked good.

Hopefully the Tigers line up one of these boys with a 2019 contract!

• Like 3

That was a fantastic nights entertainment,  the track craft for riders so young was a joy to watch.

Dan was head and shoulders above the rest, the rate he is progressing augurs well for British Speedway alongside Robert Lambert.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, MD said:

Could we not sign all 5 ?

A lot of the racing was absolutely awesome tonight, the GB gating was nearly flawless. and the lines they rode were brilliant. Bewley was untouchable, Mountain came 'off the bench' and impressed with an unbeaten 2 heats, Zach was excellent until his perhaps over-ambitious under-passing attempt, Ellis inspired as captain, and (new Tiger) Greaves looks set to become a firm favourite with the Glasgow support. Especially if he keeps smiling as widely as he did tonight............ reminiscent of Josh G.

Kennedy was a VERY lucky boy to walk away from his high jump over the air fence and I hope Zach has suffered no serious injury.

If Lambert is unavailable for the final, it will save Vatch the thankless task of telling one of this team that they're dropped.

Edited by Tapeworm
wrong name
  • Like 3

Some of the best racing I have seen in a long time , these young guys dont give an inch, well done team GB , shame the aussies didnt get through as they have some guts. Pity it was a poor crowd as those that stayed away missed a cracking meeting

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MD said:

Awesome meeting to watch, some real prospects out there tonight. Credit to the young riders, no fannying about, no gamesmanship at the start, no gardening at the tapes, just riders wanting to race and getting stuck in. Germany were off the pace but Jan Kvech looks decent as do a couple of the Australians. Lidsey was superb but no match for Bewley who rode like we wanted him to last season. Nathan Greaves and Connor Mountain looked good.

Spot on post MD.........a thoroughly enjoyable meeting which ran like clockwork. I was particularly impressed by Lidsey and I think Greaves will do a fair job for us. Kennedy definitely came first in the pole vault with a beautiful finish........lol.........aaaand Relax!

12 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Could we not sign all 5 ?

One or two of these guys could embarrass some of our team, and I dont mean the reserves. Lidsey in ht1 was just over a second outside the track record having never seen the place before. I think he may already ride with a Polish lower league team.

what a brilliant meeting. Love the Glasgow track after recent changes, loved the way the meeting was run;, and as for heat 15 , that was one of the best races I've ever seen..

well done to all involved.

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 2

Pleasantly surprised thought it would be quite good but some of the racing was brilliant. Shows you don't need the top boys to get proper speedway. Just a pity Germany lost most of there team prior to the match due to injury otherwise it would probably have been unbelievable 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Hope Lidsey gets a team in the Championship soon/next year he seems the best Aussie prospect for sure. 

He was very impressive, his stalking and ultimate pass on Greaves in heat 1 was exceptional the way that he read the move going for the outside run and cutting the corner and passing up the inside.

To be fair a few impressed once they got dialled in, there was passing and repassing in almost every heat after the first round of heats and as someone mentioned heat 15 was just unbelievable, best meeting I have seen for a while and a few of these kids should be on teams radar with Lidsey near the top of any list. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Hope Lidsey gets a team in the Championship soon/next year he seems the best Aussie prospect for sure. 

Likely that Poole or Somerset already on the ball there.....