British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Ipswich v Edinburgh 21 6 18

3 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Just out of curiosity did anybody in the stadium apart from the ref actually think that Connor really got past Garcia in ht14 to take 2nd place? 

Certainly didn't look like it from dead in line with the starting gate on the back straight. 

Apparently Connor beat Garcia by the width of a lollipop... I mean tyre :rofl:

15 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Just out of curiosity did anybody in the stadium apart from the ref actually think that Connor really got past Garcia in ht14 to take 2nd place? 

Certainly didn't look like it from dead in line with the starting gate on the back straight. 

I didnt think so either

29 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

From the second bend it looked very close but obviously a fair way away and an awkward angle - couldn’t say with confidence either way but was surprised they gave it to Connor

rightly or wrongly the awarding of that point I’d like to just say Connor was fantastic value all night his confidence looks up and hopefully over the next few meetings he starts to come out on top in more and more of these battles turning great effort into more points - but even if he didn’t I would happily pay to watch him put in that level of effort every meeting! 

• Like 1

Total stitch up all night. 

Garcia was ahead by nearly half a wheel. 

King should never have been allowed IRR - he started off injured and maybe aggravated it but didn't incur a new injury. Should be a 14 match ban after he is signed off as fully fit. 

And Rory's flier in heat 15 put any of Sarj's or Campo's to shame. 

And Andersson should never have been excluded from whatever heat it was. 

And all because the lady likes a lollipop? 

All these decisions against us - we could have hit 60 otherwise, well maybe if Ricky had brought his normal form to the party and we had cut out our last places. 

And if the track hadn't been so rough. What is that contraption made of bedsprings actually meant to do? Nice shiny tractor though. 

But we scored what we are usually scoring away from home nowadays - 37. But fings can only get better, onwards and upwards, there's light in the tunnel, every dog has his day, and it's our 70th birthday. 

Take that. 

Good to meet up with the Massif mob again for the first time in a while and the last time for a while. 

Sound system was slightly improved. 

But I'm still not going to donate to Bustit's pension fund - I have my pride and I know how to hide all my sorrow and pain - heard that before somewhere. 

C'mon the Monarchs. 

• Like 2

Ah how The Scotsmans perfect 20 20 vision and balanced input has been missed :P

Good to see you and glad you enjoyed yoyrself so much! :t:

• Like 1

To be honest, that scoreline very much flattered us, when in fact up until Danny's retirement, it was very nip and tuck.

With Ricky, Mark and Mason in their team, (all very welcome guest riders for the Witches) I was fearful of the result and as the evening progressed, apart from the awesome Nico, Rory and Cam we struggled to pull away from the Monarchs.  What was wrong with Ricky and Mark??? just not at the races but Mason was fantastic, must mention that brilliant ride by Josh, round the outside gathering speed to overtake Cam on/near the line.

Perhaps apart from Nico, one or two others might don some tena ladies and give the outside blast a go.

Great watching Rory team riding Cam and Nico home in 13 and 15.

Very welcome result, but now got 3 weeks again before the next meeting :(, hoefully give CL and Ritchie enough time to find a replacement for Michael because I dislike RR intensely.

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Since he is likely to be paid more and earn more at Ipswich, I wouldn't have thought signing him would be a problem, as money talks, and I'm sure he wants to earn as much money as he can, oh and we will take proctor off your hands too:D

i see you are an undercover  accountant now .have ippo suddenly come into money , wonder where that come from ? oh i know . its from yourself who has suddenly started to support the watches again  ! good luck with that . mason will cost you tho . no loan deals on lauras love child ..lol.

32 minutes ago, jenga said:

i see you are an undercover  accountant now .have ippo suddenly come into money , wonder where that come from ? oh i know . its from yourself who has suddenly started to support the watches again  ! good luck with that . mason will cost you tho . no loan deals on lauras love child ..lol.

Im so used to your posts being deliberately mispelt I did wonder what you meant calling Baldy an accountant :D

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Im so used to your posts being deliberately mispelt I did wonder what you meant calling Baldy an accountant :D

there is a hidden word in there  , just got to find it .lol..

I'm an under cover accountant when I'm in bed, but when I'm not in bed I'm a total accountant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Super Blue said:

Yes Connor def. did it...we are right on the tapes and we knew he did it by about quarter of a wheel on the line

By the way....after Campton got a flyer on his first ride we watched him closely and he let his clutch out twice more before the tapes rose, he was lucky to miss the tapes and the referee didn't seem to care, suppose its these latest rules of lettin em go ?