British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Ipswich v Edinburgh 21 6 18

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

All of us are exactly opposite the tapes and no one thought conner did it, absolutely no one

Must be wrong side of stadium baldy, cos my mate at front by tapes said Connor defo got it,  I was watching from pits so haven't a clue.

35 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

All of us are exactly opposite the tapes and no one thought conner did it, absolutely no one

Everyone I spoke to on the start line did, we thought the ref might have got it wrong but she was spot on on that one

• Like 1

I did mention to The Scotsman the deceptive angle of the finish line despite sitting directly in line,(albeit the other side of the stadium) - funnily enough he wasnt buying it!

Not the first time the rider on the inside given the nod when didnt look (to us anyway) he had quite got it - there may be something in that angle after all :)

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I did mention to The Scotsman the deceptive angle of the finish line despite sitting directly in line,(albeit the other side of the stadium) - funnily enough he wasnt buying it!

Not the first time the rider on the inside given the nod when didnt look (to us anyway) he had quite got it - there may be something in that angle after all :)

Still not buying it. Just another conspiracy in the long list of anti-Monarchs conspiracies.

#lollipopgate rather than #startinggate

I should have upped the ante and offered a pack of party rings.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Super Blue said:

Just out of curiosity did anybody in the stadium apart from the ref actually think that Connor really got past Garcia in ht14 to take 2nd place? 

Certainly didn't look like it from dead in line with the starting gate on the back straight. 

I sit in the home straight stand right in line with the start and Connor just beat Garcia. The ref was spot on with her decisions except for excluding Joel Andersson when it was a classic case of first bend bunching.

• Like 1

Too many times riders go down after "1st bend bunching" and get reruns. To me Andersson got into trouble on outside and was cause of stoppage.  On any other lap he would have been excluded.....

• Like 1

Video of the race on bspa, it's clear to see that conner doesn't win by half a wheel, not even a bit of a wheel. Pause it and zoom in and you will see he doesn't win at all. Must be a dodgy angle on the home straight.

13 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Video of the race on bspa, it's clear to see that conner doesn't win by half a wheel, not even a bit of a wheel. Pause it and zoom in and you will see he doesn't win at all. Must be a dodgy angle on the home straight.

Always a fix at Fox Holes. 

Always cheated never defeated. 

Mons should appeal and demand the meeting be rerun. 

40 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Always a fix at Fox Holes. 

Always cheated never defeated. 

Mons should appeal and demand the meeting be rerun. 

If all meetings were re run that had been 'fixed' in this way there would be a backlog a couple of decades long with Edinburgh close to the top of the list :P

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If all meetings were re run that had been 'fixed' in this way there would be a backlog a couple of decades long with Edinburgh close to the top of the list :P

Very true - cheated everywhere we go. 

:angry::wink::wink:

• Haha 1