British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Glasgow SGBCL 21/06/18 @ 19.30

Good performance from Sheffield tonight. Lasse was on fire 2 maximums in 2 weeks need to do it away now. Great ride from Broc to win on his debut. Charles picked up after 2 bad early rides. Kyle and Todd solid pairing and Georgie will soon get dialled in. James had his best meeting for a while.Sergeant did well when he gated didn't do a deal if he missed the start the rest were poor.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Can't be using his Poole bike tonight.

Or his Polish one.

There are are lot of riders underperforming in that Glasgow team,but at least it's a happy camp.:rolleyes:

For Nicol to come and ride like he did tonight was very impressive, especially to say he’s never even seen Owlerton before. The way he blasted round the outside of all 3 riders in heat 5 anyone would think he’d been doing it all season long, not the very first go at riding the outside line at Owlerton!!! He was very unlucky in heat 14 whilst looking like he was going to pass Vissing around the outside his primary chain snapped, glad he’s okay after the tumble.

All round positive performance from all the Sheffield boys, onwards and upwards from now on. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rob W said:

For Nicol to come and ride like he did tonight was very impressive, especially to say he’s never even seen Owlerton before. The way he blasted round the outside of all 3 riders in heat 5 anyone would think he’d been doing it all season long, not the very first go at riding the outside line at Owlerton!!! He was very unlucky in heat 14 whilst looking like he was going to pass Vissing around the outside his primary chain snapped, glad he’s okay after the tumble.

All round positive performance from all the Sheffield boys, onwards and upwards from now on. 

Hasn't it been mentioned he's being riding after meetings ?

But yes, quite impressive for a 1st competitive meeting especially the outside blast

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Oops we did give him an extra ride heat 15 along with Paul! Just what he needs gets confidence back and ruin it by giving him an impossible race where he has a last place, great 

He had 5 rides according to updates!

3 minutes ago, tyke said:

Hasn't it been mentioned he's being riding after meetings ?

But yes, quite impressive for a 1st competitive meeting especially the outside blast

Nope, tonight was the first time he’s been to Owlerton. Only rider who has been practicing after meetings has been Cooper Riordan. 

• Thanks 1

If Glasgow hadn’t got 2 5-1’s when they had watched the track being graded and watered in the interval whilst Sheffield had a cup of tea, the score line  would have been even less pretty.

Worrall and Harris were woeful, Stark and Robson tried but for little reward. Vissing was steady.

A decent debut for Nichol, if not for his chain he would have outscored anything Jan has done so far this year. Can only see him getting better.

Edited by Cue Ball
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He had 5 rides according to updates!

And your point is. what does my post say? they gave him an extra ride at heat 15. His 4 programmed rides plus heat 15 =5 rides.:(

Brilliant result for Sheffield tonight, Broc looks like a great signing and Georgie will only get better...

2 hours ago, graz gp said:

Well done the Sheff Tigers, Broc Nicol was very impressive looks like he took advice from Mr Stead. He can gate and  not afraid to open the throttle. He did really well on a big track like Owlerton. He fell in his last ride  trying to go around the outside, that's how to ride Owlerton. George Woods just needs a few more laps to get dialed in and the points will come. Glasgow were very disappointing expected a lot better show. 

So did we . 9 points from our top two clearly isnt good enough .

10 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Really bad call from the TM to use a tac sub when he did, and he should have used Sarge more as he was the only one doing anything. He defo doesnt know Dixie's tactics and forward planning, it has went down hill since Stewart left. Well done to the Sheffield Tigers, I wonder which members of our team will show up at Workington on Saturday ? Glad I am in Marmaris enjoying the sunshine

Ahhhh! Marmaris - My favourite place on God's earth (outside Sheffield). Must go back there soon. Please send the Hotel Selen my best regards.... and have a boat trip from the harbour!

11 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Ahhhh! Marmaris - My favourite place on God's earth (outside Sheffield). Must go back there soon. Please send the Hotel Selen my best regards.... and have a boat trip from the harbour!

Keeping quiet about what you said regarding the Broc Nicol signing then are you?

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

And your point is. what does my post say? they gave him an extra ride at heat 15. His 4 programmed rides plus heat 15 =5 rides.:(

Your first Post says 8 from 3 and we didn't give him an extra ride,that should have been 9 from 4 and he got an extra ride .Imo

ps

he did have 8 from 3 at one stage,so I can see what you meant,Apoligies .

Edited by Fromafar

35 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Keeping quiet about what you said regarding the Broc Nicol signing then are you?

Not at all. The lad did well - surprisingly well for his first outing at Owlerton. Great to see a rookie who's got the bottle to open the throttle round the boards. But the real surprise package last night was Shanes. From zero last week to paid 12 this week. How's that for consistency?

45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Your first Post says 8 from 3 and we didn't give him an extra ride,that should have been 9 from 4 and he got an extra ride .Imo

ps

he did have 8 from 3 at one stage,so I can see what you meant,Apoligies .

Whilst James had a good meeting last night it was the first in a while, so going by that line of thought he will probably have a mare at Workington on Saturday.

It is the Glasgow team that should be apologising to the fans not you to another poster we really are not very good.