British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Glasgow SGBCL 21/06/18 @ 19.30

Great result for the Sheffield Tigers, Broc Nicol showed us a glimpse of whats to come from him ! Very stylish & impressive.

On a side note with Glasgow - what's with Bomber Harris ? doesnt seem like the Bomber we all know so was this just a one off evening or has his form dipped in general ? Havent really been following his scores this season so far.

Choked again. Just 4 points behind after 8 heats. 22 behind after 15! What is the problem?

14 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Choked again. Just 4 points behind after 8 heats. 22 behind after 15! What is the problem?

My own thoughts are that some have downed tools or at best just doing enough so as it appears they haven't downed tools , Stewart leaving is probably the biggest factor towards this.

Richie especially who had a very close relationship with Stewart is a pale shadow to the Richie of last year, others apart from Vissing and Kerr have been poor mix all this together and you have a toxic brand.

But they will soon be on to tell us all that team spirit is great and they will soon all click and everything will be ok once this team get going, do us a favour and don't bother this time we are all fed up hearing it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Your first Post says 8 from 3 and we didn't give him an extra ride,that should have been 9 from 4 and he got an extra ride .Imo

ps

he did have 8 from 3 at one stage,so I can see what you meant,Apoligies .

Thank you. Apologies for appearing to be angry with you but our performance got to me. I did not think we'd win but didn't think we'd be embarrassing 

My opinion we have one  bad apple

Edited by MANSE

I wonder if Glasgow are paying too well or even have guarantees for some. We seem unmotivated at the top end with very little fight or desire to improve.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

My own thoughts are that some have downed tools or at best just doing enough so as it appears they haven't downed tools , Stewart leaving is probably the biggest factor towards this.

Richie especially who had a very close relationship with Stewart is a pale shadow to the Richie of last year, others apart from Vissing and Kerr have been poor mix all this together and you have a toxic brand.

But they will soon be on to tell us all that team spirit is great and they will soon all click and everything will be ok once this team get going, do us a favour and don't bother this time we are all fed up hearing it. 

We have no idea what impact Stewart leaving has had on any of this seasons issues however one thing that is fact is that these guys are self employed and are paid based on results. 

I find it hard to believe riders such as Worrall think to themselves “Could get paid up to £1500 a meeting but I don’t like the new team manager so I’ll just go an earn c£6-700 instead”. 

19 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

We have no idea what impact Stewart leaving has had on any of this seasons issues however one thing that is fact is that these guys are self employed and are paid based on results. 

I find it hard to believe riders such as Worrall think to themselves “Could get paid up to £1500 a meeting but I don’t like the new team manager so I’ll just go an earn c£6-700 instead”. 

Depends if he has a guarantee or not, one thing for certain he is a pale shadow of the rider we had from last year.

Seems to be doing ok for Poole though.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Depends if he has a guarantee or not, one thing for certain he is a pale shadow of the rider we had from last year.

Seems to be doing ok for Poole though.

That’s a fair point. 

The same thing, form wise, happened with Aaron Summers the year before. 

5 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

On a side note with Glasgow - what's with Bomber Harris ? doesnt seem like the Bomber we all know so was this just a one off evening or has his form dipped in general ? Havent really been following his scores this season so far.

It was noted in last night's programme that he's thought a couple of times of jacking it all in but his missus talked him out of it. He may therefore have one eye on retirement, in which case self-motivation becomes a real chore.

40 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

It was noted in last night's programme that he's thought a couple of times of jacking it all in but his missus talked him out of it. He may therefore have one eye on retirement, in which case self-motivation becomes a real chore.

Thats a fair point, we could be forgiven for thinking he's doing a phased retirement and going to pack in at then end of this season. He's been pretty poor so far, let down by a somewhat endless run of mechanical issues and a lack of sharpness. I don't think he likes the Glasgow track and seems we have become the least important of his priorities. However we need moves at other clubs to be able to replace him.

I noticed a couple of times Harris knocked it off when it got a bit tight where as the old Harris would not have so probably he has got one eye on retirement. I think Glasgow were beaten by a team that were up for it.  

4 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

I noticed a couple of times Harris knocked it off when it got a bit tight where as the old Harris would not have so probably he has got one eye on retirement. I think Glasgow were beaten by a team that were up for it.  

Story of our season, we have been second best too often.

5 hours ago, MD said:

Thats a fair point, we could be forgiven for thinking he's doing a phased retirement and going to pack in at then end of this season. He's been pretty poor so far, let down by a somewhat endless run of mechanical issues and a lack of sharpness. I don't think he likes the Glasgow track and seems we have become the least important of his priorities. However we need moves at other clubs to be able to replace him.

Maybe  keeping an eye on his average,just in case he decides to continue next season!;)

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe  keeping an eye on his average,just in case he decides to continue next season!;)

We can speculate every aspect of Glasgow's performances , but the truth is , we should be doing far better than 34 points away from the home .

Before Redcar strengthened up , everyone was winning there , we scrambled a point . Our away performances in the Championshio Shield were acceptable , but in the league it's a different story . At home we look far from convincing too . The utter shambolic performance against Workington in the Shield followed by the unforgivable collapse against Edinburgh in the cup has left a lasting effect on attendances 

We have an underperforming top two who seemingly cant get their machinery to work properly , getting them to get through a meeting on competative engines seems to be a bridge too far . 

We have a fan masquerading as a team manager who has no tactical nous or the ability to lift the team when the going gets tough. 

We are constantly fed the party line , that team spirit is good and dont panic Mr Mannering , everything will be ok . 

Well the harsh reality is , we put together a strong looking side at the start of the season and so far it's blown qualification out of a Shield group it had complete control of . Blown a KO Cup tie it was running away with . And with the next home meeting against the all conquering Lakeside Hammers looming large , defeat in that will leave the play offs looking a very distant holy grail . But dont worry folks , everything will be fine . 

• Like 4