British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 23/06/18 7:00pm

Should be another close meeting against the Glasgow Tigers on Saturday night ( seems like it’s us and Glasgow in the League!)

Dan Bewley misses this one because he riding on the continent , so it’s rider replacement for him which should be enough to see us take most of the points with the tigers maybe getting 1?

Going to miss this one has I’m away so it will be July for my next home meeting!

id forgot there was a meeting this week almost made other plans 

but im sure ill be at Derwent park as usual on race night 

we dont need a rain off on Saturday . or it will be another 2 weeks wait for a home meeting . hands up those who have a back up plan if its rained off !

mason with 13 points @ ippo and no heat 15 for him ! where are all the knockers now ?   ..  3.3.3.3.1 inc tac ride .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jenga said:

we dont need a rain off on Saturday . or it will be another 2 weeks wait for a home meeting . hands up those who have a back up plan if its rained off !

mason with 13 points @ ippo and no heat 15 for him ! where are all the knockers now ?   ..  3.3.3.3.1 inc tac ride .

10 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

and beet danny king and the in form rory schlin aswell 

He was awesome, 3 weeks off for us then we have to face you lot at foxhall...mason and ty arghhh

• Like 1

Christ Glasgow yet again , be pleased after tomorrow we can face other teams sick of seeing them lot :rolleyes:  

Hopefully our Track will suit our boys and not like last time round, when we changed it mid meeting and the Tiggers all spitting their dummys out as they were winning !! How dare we change our track to suit ourselves :nono:

Be a tough meeting, I think these lot ride our place better than their own :blink:, no Dan and Ty just coming back hopefully he's fit to do the full meeting , Rene should have possibly sorted out his Gremlins , a draw last time , lets hope we sneak the win . 

can anyone fill me in on the rules of speedway please ? its been that long i dont remember an awful lot about it . 

the only thing i can remember is that the riders turn right , to tun left ! ! please help . J .

its good to see the OFFICIAL COMETS website up to date NOT . the press gang have had weeks to prepare a small write up about in Glasgow meet tomorrow and failed badly to do so . at first glance it seems we are @ Glasgow tonight (Friday) the bspa are making a great job of destroying british speedway , they dont neen any more input from clubs to kill it off totally .. ROLL ON SATURDAY THE 23RD OF JUNE  nappy daze ...

Edited by jenga

yahoo . cant believe we have a home meeting, our 5th of the season . weather looks good , slightly dull but a nice day . special inserts in the programme explaing to the fans the rule of the sport lol. so grad a mate an git doon t Wucky tonight  . KICKOFF @ 7 PM  

prepare to be entertained @ the highest level .  hope to see tons of over the border fans making the trip .and a few more home fans hoping to get a fix !

tough meeting tonight as the tigers are having to hunt for their prey , instead og being it handed to them on a plate . 

MISS IT , LOSE OUT . t.t.f.n.

As much as we enjoy our visit to Cumbria we have changed our minds and will give this a miss, the expense of travelling to watch a half arsed team go through the motions is a step too far I am afraid.

It's sad to see,but there are far too many reasons for loyal fans just to give Speedway a miss these days.

ps.

They ARE  the loyal fans.

The report on the bspa website about tonights match has one telling line "dan bewley is AGAIN missing for workington to ride abroad   " sums up our season so far .

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The report on the bspa website about tonights match has one telling line "dan bewley is AGAIN missing for workington to ride abroad   " sums up our season so far .

Thats what happens in modern day speedway when you sign a precocious talent . At least you havent had the scenario when he's missing one of your matches because Belle Vue have an important meeting the following evening . Well not yet anyway 

• Like 2

dan is making a name for himself in the  sport don't use that as a negative and a reason to knock Workington comets 

have a go at the situation for genuine reasons by all means but don't turn success against the sport 

it is hard that we don't get meetings for weeks on end and then when we do we have riders in overseas meetings  but be pleased we have a cumbrian prospect riding at the higher levels 

a good promotion could use that as publicity 

• Like 4

i dont think dan will be a huge miss as we have a k10 rider who is going quite well at the moment . 

looking at posts on here it looks like the travelling away fans wont be travelling away and seem fed up with the way things are going at glasgow .