British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 23/06/18 7:00pm

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Fairly unbiased report cheers for that out of curiosity what team do you support ;).

think its fairly accurate 

there was hard moves from bot teams 

also id say Glasgow rode better later on when the score started pulling away  

better racing but than the heat results sugested

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

only thing id change to that was we actually though ty got wrong rider we thought it was worrel that almost fenced ty  

and which way Ritchie went up and pulled vising away suggests he might have known that also Ritchie was limping after ht 15 maybe they got closer than we thought

Bloody hell Scara say that again English please :lol: It was Vissing that nearly fenced Ty 

Just now, scaramanga said:

maybe the dust blocked our view 

but there was a few around us all thought it was ritchie

:D I’m sure it was Claus hence the handbags and fisticuffs after heat 15 

All handbags at dawn then, and just a bit of a drama, nothing that a wee can of Red Bull should sort out.

Edited by Gazc

when we got wrote off pre season I said if the team clicked and they all rode to there ability we would upset a few

• Like 1

a good result , so much better than last week !

rene bachs ,back . looking better .

Edited by jenga

Some good hard racing from both teams tonight. I certainly didn't notice a lack of effort from any Tigers it was just that the Comets were better on the night and in fact are not a bad team on the quiet.

It was a shame neither team had their full complement, but it was good to see some actual speedway. Throw in a bit of controversy and a couple of pretend fights complete with handbags and dummies and surely there must have been something there for everyone tonight.

Finally, on a night where all the Comets contributed it was good to see Rene back on form with heat 13 being a particular highlight.

• Like 1

I thought it was a very decent meeting indeed :approve:

Some cracking racing - proving once again that passing isn't absolutely necessary, only knowledge that a rider can pass - with a close score line and some handbags thrown in. 

Vissing left Proctor with nowhere to go, Klindt shunting Starke on to the fence being almost as hard. 

Improved performance from Bach and Jensen and I thought Bickley was more on the pace. 

• Like 3

Must be the first dead heat in years, I thought speedway had done away with them. The last one I saw was at somerset over a decade ago!

Have to agree. Good entertaining meeting with determined riding from both sides.

Great to see Rene looking sharper. When the team all fire together they can beat anyone.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Must be the first dead heat in years, I thought speedway had done away with them. The last one I saw was at somerset over a decade ago!

First one I have seen - if my hazy memory serves me well - in nigh on 800 matches.

Before the season started I thought Glasgow were going to wipe the floor with everyone. 

Must be hell of a frustrating for their management and fans to see them losing again and again. 

We have a new angry aussie the last one was mal  in the 70s welcome ty the new angry aussie.he was well stuffed in the last heat where as nic and harris both rode hard but left room for for others to ease off or give it a go .

• Like 5