British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 23/06/18 7:00pm

11 hours ago, scaramanga said:

yeah im sure there was a dead heat for Workington a good few years ago 

im sure jacko will know 

As a fellow "Oldie" there was actually a dead heat at Workington in Heat 11 of the home leg of the KOC meeting  against the IOW on 18th Sept 2004, when James Wright and Craig Boyce were adjudged to have crossed the line together. The Comets lost that meeting 43.5pts to  46.5

Before that, as Lord Lucan stated, there was  also one in the home meeting against Scunthorpe in the League on July 4th 1975 when Mick Newton and Keith Evans crossed the line together in Heat 7 with a final result of 36.5 to 41.5 in Scunthorpe's favour. 

By the way, I am not Jacko, as some of you already know!!

Edited by yellow and black
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't beat stats Y/B, the figures maybe slightly off but the event certainly stuck? :D

Funnily enough the IOW never crossed my mind, completely forgot about that one!! ;)

27 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

As a fellow "Oldie" there was actually a dead heat at Workington in Heat 11 of the home leg of the KOC meeting  against the IOW on 18th Sept 2004, when James Wright and Craig Boyce were adjudged to have crossed the line together. The Comets lost that meeting 43.5pts to  46.5

Before that, as Lord Lucan stated, there was  also one in the home meeting against Scunthorpe in the League on July 4th 1975 when Mick Newton and Keith Evans crossed the line together in Heat 7 with a final result of 36.5 to 41.5 in Scunthorpe's favour. 

By the way, I am not Jacko, as some of you already know!!

you are the fountain of knowledge . lol.

• Thanks 1

Just been reading about Ty in the speedway star and was thinking about him making David Howe take drastic action to avoid going through the fence and having Theo Pijper bouncing of home straight fence a couple of times.

I was wondering if on these occasions he was thinking about the unwritten rule between riders?