British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Sheffield SGB Championship Sunday 24th June @ 6.30pm

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Sorry, but we are traditionalist at Brough Park... we race on shale....!! :P  :lol:

paper , shale or grass ……. all the form points to a home win …………………………..   cue shock home defeat :D

16 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

paper , shale or grass ……. all the form points to a home win …………………………..   cue shock home defeat :D

Would it be a shock, if it were a home defeat ???

'We always knew it could happen' ;)

3 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Brough is not the happiest of huntng grounds for the Sheffield Tigers, so let's see what happens here.

Broc Nicol will hopefully still be on the gas after his impressive debut, on paper we can win this.

:-)

Nothing is won on paper! but I’m looking forward to seeing Broc Nicol 

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

Sorry, but we are traditionalist at Brough Park... we race on shale....!! :P  :lol:

Love it :-) 

what a start.looks like kyle has injured his arm or shoulder in first race up at rough park.bloody typical when our season was just starting to turn around.hope he's well.

Broc and wood seem great acquisitions hahaha zero between them . This double switch could go down as the worst ever ..

2 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Broc and wood seem great acquisitions hahaha zero between them . This double switch could go down as the worst ever ..

Yeah. Because the 3 points scored from last time we were at Newcastle were a huge loss today. 

Edited by spin king junior

why laugh.doubt georgie has barely seen the track and it must be one of the hardest tracks to ride if you have never seen it before so no, not surprised broc didn't score tonight.he certainly looks a good signing to me having seen him thursday night.

39 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

3rd bend again at Newcastle 

how many riders have been injured on that bend over the years 

Well in the last couple of weeks, 2 Kamikazi rides by 2 riders in about third place, deciding to do a full blast in a straight line have tried it and got hurt. Nowt to do with the track which you might be implying, just stupid tactics at the wrong time. There are 4 laps to each race, but some want it over during the first lap and in the last two weeks 2 riders have learned to think a bit more next time. I could ask how many riders have been badly hurt on the second bend at Owlerton. 

Incidentally I talked to one of the Sheffield riders tonight after the meeting, and he absolutely loved it.(note to oneself of his name for next year I think)

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know how much Newcastle speedway meens to you 

but the track is not good is it

very poor shape 

not always prepaired bad but its certainly not always good 

and not the best for entertainment  is a understatement 

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

I know how much Newcastle speedway meens to you 

but the track is not good is it

very poor shape 

not always prepaired bad but its certainly not always good 

and not the best for entertainment  is a understatement 

Kyle Howarth and Erik Riss both crashed attempting overly aggressive overtakes that were never going to end happily...

• Like 1

Sheffield don't ride Newcastle well but I hope Kyle has a speedy recovery, that is our main concern at the moment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

3rd bend again at Newcastle 

how many riders have been injured on that bend over the years 

It certainly seems to catch a few out, but would've thought that, 'word would've getting around by now'.

• Like 1