British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Sheffield SGB Championship Sunday 24th June @ 6.30pm

25 minutes ago, jenga said:

without rider error , there would be NO crashes !

Not strictly true.  A snapped chain can cause a rider to crash/fall, also a front wheel collapse and snapped handlebars too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Not strictly true.  A snapped chain can cause a rider to crash/fall, also a front wheel collapse and snapped handlebars too.

you missed out severe internal engine malfunction !  :nono: 

wasn't there a bit of a bad patch on that third bens at Newcastle a while back that a few fell on a bit of a hole as the saying goes 

14 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

wasn't there a bit of a bad patch on that third bens at Newcastle a while back that a few fell on a bit of a hole as the saying goes 

finding a safe passage round Brough is similar to, navagating a mine field whilst blindfold, dizzy and drunk ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

Since you seem to know some facts about riders etc, can you answer the question no one seems to want to about why Ludvig is not riding next Sunday please?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jenga said:

you missed out severe internal engine malfunction !  :nono: 

So you've answered your own question then, mechanical failure can cause a rider to crash.

If a rider loses his shoe, that could cause him to fall off (and yes I've seen this happen).  Another rider coming down can cause a rider to "lay his bike down", this actually happened at the incident on Sunday.

Many examples really.

Discolated shoulder for Kyle Howarth,Hopefully a speedy return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

Happened to Shanes coming out of the second bend lat night.

4 hours ago, scaramanga said:

You're a bit out of date. Tom Owen used to go over to the third bend at Brough in the 70's with a shovel, and dig a hole on the racing line going into the third bend and then tamp down the loose shale. He knew where it was, but others didn't, and it went on allegedly for a number of years.

Incidentally, there is hardly a track that I have been to where there hasn't a 'problem' on the third bend entrance. Glasgow. Berwick, Newport had a double hole, Stoke, Lakeside,  Middlesbrough, Worky was the first bend, to name a few. Don't forget that the entrance is the first bend for 4 riders together hit at full throttle before they taper out, and can chose their own racing line.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Since you seem to know some facts about riders etc, can you answer the question no one seems to want to about why Ludvig is not riding next Sunday please?

On this occasion I can't help!  I was going to ask last night, but with everything going on, I didn't get the opportunity.

22 minutes ago, StevePark said:

On this occasion I can't help!  I was going to ask last night, but with everything going on, I didn't get the opportunity.

Ok, you would of thought they would of put it in the programme!

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Ok, you would of thought they would of put it in the programme!

They may have done, I haven't read it yet!!

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

They may have done, I haven't read it yet!!

They haven't... Shock :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

That's a new one, poor shape, same as all other tracks isn't it, 2 straights and 4 bends so what shape would you like it to be!!!

Track not good, nothing wrong with it if riders use throttle control and a bit of common sense.  Bored of this rough park and not always prepared right c**p now, track is probably the best it has been in a long time and as for entertainment, I leave having been entertained most weeks and not always by the speedway:P.

I will take a stab at you being a Sheffield fan and therefore I will say I have been to many a meeting at Sheffield most of them prestigious meetings (such as the PLRC) when the track and entertainment was abysmal to the point now where I don't bother going to Sheffield anymore, narrow minded you may say but no more than your comments above.

As has been stated, the incidents over the last two weeks have been nothing to do with the track or preparation or shape (it has been that shape for years) and were down to rider error.

As regards the match, first and foremost, I hope Kyle is OK and nothing too serious.  I was really impressed with Charles Wright who I believe does not list Brough Park in his top 100 tracks but he attacked the track (sensibly) and got his rewards.  Better performance this time from Lasse, but the overall performance from Sheffield was on a par with past visits.  Diamonds were great with the exception of Mr Kus who was shocking again, giving up most times after 1 lap, bike problems aside, not a great performance from Matej over the last couple of weeks, needs sorting and fast.

No match next Sunday as we are at the fours and still confused by our lineup, any reason for Ludvig no show?

I was at the Edinburgh match and after Erik Riss's spectacular fall, Roy Clarke did announce over the P.A. that he had hit "a wet patch".

Not blaming track preparation, but instead of the accusations of "overly aggressive overtakes" and kamikaze rides by Erik,  perhaps the "wet patch" was the determining factor in his accident.

11 hours ago, cyclone said:

I was at the Edinburgh match and after Erik Riss's spectacular fall, Roy Clarke did announce over the P.A. that he had hit "a wet patch".

Not blaming track preparation, but instead of the accusations of "overly aggressive overtakes" and kamikaze rides by Erik,  perhaps the "wet patch" was the determining factor in his accident.

I think you have to see the video to know that Eric tried the impossible and took off. To me it looked like a stuck throttle, rather anything to do with the track. Wasn't a problem for the rest of the meeting was it. Consider the difference between Josh and Eric.