British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Sheffield SGB Championship Sunday 24th June @ 6.30pm

6 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I think you have to see the video to know that Eric tried the impossible and took off. To me it looked like a stuck throttle, rather anything to do with the track. Wasn't a problem for the rest of the meeting was it. Consider the difference between Josh and Eric.

'Stuck throttle' Dave, do you mean he wound it on too far and it didn't return in time ? ;)

Dunno about 'overly aggressive', maybe just 'over enthusiastic'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

'Stuck throttle' Dave, do you mean he wound it on too far and it didn't return in time ? ;)

Dunno about 'overly aggressive', maybe just 'over enthusiastic'.

A stuck wrist then

21 hours ago, cyclone said:

I was at the Edinburgh match and after Erik Riss's spectacular fall, Roy Clarke did announce over the P.A. that he had hit "a wet patch".

Not blaming track preparation, but instead of the accusations of "overly aggressive overtakes" and kamikaze rides by Erik,  perhaps the "wet patch" was the determining factor in his accident.

Not quite what Roy mean't. More of "He landed in a wet patch" because he followed it up by saying His leathers weren't half going to take some cleaning.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:27 PM, Gaz said:

Since you seem to know some facts about riders etc, can you answer the question no one seems to want to about why Ludvig is not riding next Sunday please?

It's quite possible that he just hasn't been picked because of his current away form. You don't have to pick your top 4 by average. Any five of your seven can be picked even if they are all fit and available. The only stipulation his that the lowest of the five riders selected (by average) has to be at reserve.  

• Like 1

so funny … everyone has been complaining about luddos away form …….  then people demanding know why he's been dropped :D

luddo has ridden redcar well before …. but his form hardly warrants him being in the team and he might as well have a weekend with his family

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

so funny … everyone has been complaining about luddos away form …….  then people demanding know why he's been dropped :D

luddo has ridden redcar well before …. but his form hardly warrants him being in the team and he might as well have a weekend with his family

Hold on !!! not everyones been complaining :nono:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leander said:

Not quite what Roy mean't. More of "He landed in a wet patch" because he followed it up by saying His leathers weren't half going to take some cleaning.

As I asked someone else who was present, to corroborate that RC stated "hit a wet patch", how do you know that what he meant  was "landed in a wet patch"?,  given that kevlars (n.b. he was not wearing leathers :P) will require to be cleaned if coming into contact with various track surfaces, irrespective of  the degree of saturation.

19 minutes ago, cyclone said:

As I asked someone else who was present, to corroborate that RC stated "hit a wet patch", how do you know that what he meant  was "landed in a wet patch"?,  given that kevlars (n.b. he was not wearing leathers :P) will require to be cleaned if coming into contact with various track surfaces, irrespective of  the degree of saturation.

Through the reckless way he went into the third bend, he was probably sitting in a damp patch in his kevlars when he crashed.

16 hours ago, cyclone said:

Ok Kevlars then.. The whiter than white ones that certainly weren't when he got up. He also "hit" the fence, but he was off the bike long before that happened.