British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Sheffield SGB Championship Sunday 24th June @ 6.30pm

22 minutes ago, Hel'n'Back said:

Sheffield don't ride Newcastle well but I hope Kyle has a speedy recovery, that is our main concern at the moment.

Hope so too, Sheffield might not ride Newcastle too well, but Kyle Howarth has been one of my favourite visitors at a Brough in the last few years and, his early absence marred the evening.

• Like 1

I hope kyle is Ok as hes always a good entertainer and tryer

But as usual we have the usual harping on about the track …..

sorry to disappoint but it was 100% Kyles own fault (as was Riss the week before) …. went into the bend far too quick and lost control trying to avoid luddo

as for the meeting .. took wait too long … I know there were plenty of stoppages but the ref was too slow with the 2 minutes

otherwise predictable fare ……  wright and shane good entertainment.... bjerre better than normal …. kurtz utter rubbish and nicol and wood were always going to find it tough ……… any hopes Sheffield had of getting a point disappeared in heat 1 (apart from Ipswich - every away seems to want us to win at home!!!!  - strange old season)

kus im afraid really needs to take a good look at himself ……… this trailing around last not trying it not acceptable ………… and please don't cite engine problems...…. there were quite a few comments made in the crowd about him …. not many repeatable !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scaramanga said:

I know how much Newcastle speedway meens to you 

but the track is not good is it

very poor shape 

not always prepaired bad but its certainly not always good 

and not the best for entertainment  is a understatement 

Ivan Mauger did not complain about the shape.Like people are saying you have to adjust your riding style to the track and conditions on the night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Ivan Mauger did not complain about the shape.Like people are saying you have to adjust your riding style to the track and conditions on the night.

Ivan was a rare genius and rode a very different bike.

9 hours ago, mauger65 said:

I hope kyle is Ok as hes always a good entertainer and tryer

But as usual we have the usual harping on about the track …..

sorry to disappoint but it was 100% Kyles own fault (as was Riss the week before) …. went into the bend far too quick and lost control trying to avoid luddo

as for the meeting .. took wait too long … I know there were plenty of stoppages but the ref was too slow with the 2 minutes

otherwise predictable fare ……  wright and shane good entertainment.... bjerre better than normal …. kurtz utter rubbish and nicol and wood were always going to find it tough ……… any hopes Sheffield had of getting a point disappeared in heat 1 (apart from Ipswich - every away seems to want us to win at home!!!!  - strange old season)

kus im afraid really needs to take a good look at himself ……… this trailing around last not trying it not acceptable ………… and please don't cite engine problems...…. there were quite a few comments made in the crowd about him …. not many repeatable !!!!!!!!!

Carb problems, actually.  He was changing the carb off the second bike to put onto his first bike, before being told that he was being replaced in heat 12.

4 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Ivan was a rare genius and rode a very different bike.

Fair comment ,but like I said you have to ride to the conditions,you don't like the shape but Howarth rides for Wolves which is similar IMO ,so he has no issues with shape.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fair comment ,but like I said you have to ride to the conditions,you don't like the shape but Howarth rides for Wolves which is similar IMO ,so he has no issues with shape.

5 or 6 years ago I think Kyle looked a bit, emm, err,,, erratic at times at Brough, but more recently has seemed to master it. A think he was doing more to avoid taking Lindgren out, which led to his spill.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Seasons a goddamn write off already.

I hate my life.

Steady!your starting to think like a Glasgow supporter,things could change:rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Seasons a goddamn write off already.

I hate my life.

Don't worry you might sign Saul Bulley and turn things around :rofl:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scaramanga said:

3rd bend again at Newcastle 

how many riders have been injured on that bend over the years 

Perhaps if somebody painted a big X on the third bend fence where the riders hit, it would get the message across that you can't really go full throttle around brough park.

You can complain about the track all you want, but the vast majority of incidents on the third bend are rider error.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh no the time is coming, its nearly time for our boys to head to Brough Park :blink::lol: !!!

I'll make sure Jacko has a team meeting before the match to warn them its not the track you bounce around on the 3rd bend its the Riders knowledge ;)

(Tsunami ..I'm only kidding too , lol )

Edited by Taylorj
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, scaramanga said:

3rd bend again at Newcastle 

how many riders have been injured on that bend over the years 

How many riders have been injured at every track over the years ? From memory didn't see the ambulance on track last season . The problem with Howath and Riss they were going into are tight bends too fast which caught them out . Like to see the bspa publish how many crashes at each track .l bet Newcastle will not be top 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scaramanga said:

I know how much Newcastle speedway meens to you 

but the track is not good is it

very poor shape 

not always prepaired bad but its certainly not always good 

and not the best for entertainment  is a understatement 

That's a new one, poor shape, same as all other tracks isn't it, 2 straights and 4 bends so what shape would you like it to be!!!

Track not good, nothing wrong with it if riders use throttle control and a bit of common sense.  Bored of this rough park and not always prepared right c**p now, track is probably the best it has been in a long time and as for entertainment, I leave having been entertained most weeks and not always by the speedway:P.

I will take a stab at you being a Sheffield fan and therefore I will say I have been to many a meeting at Sheffield most of them prestigious meetings (such as the PLRC) when the track and entertainment was abysmal to the point now where I don't bother going to Sheffield anymore, narrow minded you may say but no more than your comments above.

As has been stated, the incidents over the last two weeks have been nothing to do with the track or preparation or shape (it has been that shape for years) and were down to rider error.

As regards the match, first and foremost, I hope Kyle is OK and nothing too serious.  I was really impressed with Charles Wright who I believe does not list Brough Park in his top 100 tracks but he attacked the track (sensibly) and got his rewards.  Better performance this time from Lasse, but the overall performance from Sheffield was on a par with past visits.  Diamonds were great with the exception of Mr Kus who was shocking again, giving up most times after 1 lap, bike problems aside, not a great performance from Matej over the last couple of weeks, needs sorting and fast.

No match next Sunday as we are at the fours and still confused by our lineup, any reason for Ludvig no show?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

Perhaps if somebody painted a big X on the third bend fence where the riders hit, it would get the message across that you can't really go full throttle around brough park.

You can complain about the track all you want, but the vast majority of incidents on the third bend are rider error.

without rider error , there would be NO crashes !