British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside v Scunthorpe 23 June

The Hammers will be fielding the same six as Friday night and will, no doubt, be feeling confident of getting the win.

Not sure who will be turning out for the Scorpions - did Gino come back too early?

Should be another win for the rampant Hammers,,,,Lovely evening in prospect,,just hope the football does not effect the crowd to much...A 13 IS CLOSED AT PITSEA FROM SOUTHEND AREA USE THE A127....

Yay Saturday night speedway, I can use the M25 tonight.

If we are as suggested above using the same six it will be interesting to see how Jakobsen goes, he was quick last week with Berwick when he got out in front, very good guest for Zach.

Alfie really seems to be kicking on now, more rides in the NL has worked a treat.

1 hour ago, waco said:

Should be another win for the rampant Hammers,,,,Lovely evening in prospect,,just hope the football does not effect the crowd to much...A 13 IS CLOSED AT PITSEA FROM SOUTHEND AREA USE THE A127....

I believe only the eastbound carriageway is closed (towards Southend) and, if you are heading in that direction, take the B1464 (runs parallel to A13) at Five Bells and re-join A13 at the Pitsea junction. Simples.

It's a shame this clashes with Eastie v mildenhall tonight. I would like to have done both meetings.

Thanks Tony i was not sure how much of the A13 was closed ,but thought it was a good idea to inform of the problem there

I looked earlier in the week at possible guests & thought NBJ could be used because of how he went last week but we went with our friend David Howe. Although he score 6 he only beat his own rider in Doolan & their reserves. Not sure if others available but up to the 7.15 for Nielsen but could Summers, Robson or Toft been better options with the latter 2 riding well this last week.

I doubt if Scunny will be a pushover. They have some riders who can go well at Lakeside. Lakeside should cruise home but one or two e.f’s or tapes exclusions and they could struggle a bit.

Both sides using rider replacement, I better bring my sleeping bag

It should be a comfortable win, hopefully the scorpions make some starts and we see some good racing.

2 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Updates have r/r now for Stevie instead of Charles W,

Always was going to be as was using Aarnio for Stefan until his injury on Tuesday. Now it's Howe.

Easy win for the Hammers,Garrity the only race winner twice for Scunny,plus two engine failures and did not come out I heats 13 and15 appeared to have had enough on the night.Crowd looked a little below average,and we had several re runs,starting problems for the riders but youexpect that when burn your clutches out boys. Cris Gay is the ref,who always spoils meetings by holding the tapes for to long,,..........Still the' Hammers march on and look invincible at home?,,,

Poor meeting tonight, raced in front of a poor crowd. Every track I go to seems to be suffering from falling attendances. The british public look to have deserted the sport.

Yeah crowd wasn't anything better than it has been this season, its a real worry if a winning side cannot attract even reasonable crowds.