British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside v Scunthorpe 23 June

We have a great side with 6 British riders and two from Essex. We have a real chance of getting more than one peice of silverware and the crowd tonight was no better than it was in the National League. 

Not the best meeting but seeing Alfie get his first win of the season and what it meant to him was worth the entry alone.

Crowd wasn't that bad imo. It was very spread out so gave the impression of a smaller attendance.

I think crowds will return more next season as the hangover from the National League subsides.

A couple of playoff meetings will help the cause no end.

I have to say I was starting to have doubts about Alfie but since he has been getting more rides in the National League he has really improved. A fully fit 1-7 and we are going to be hard to stop home and away. You’re right it was great to see him get that win.

4 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

Not the best meeting but seeing Alfie get his first win of the season and what it meant to him was worth the entry alone.

Crowd wasn't that bad imo. It was very spread out so gave the impression of a smaller attendance.

I think crowds will return more next season as the hangover from the National League subsides.

A couple of playoff meetings will help the cause no end.

The way the sport is going, there won't be a next season for some tracks.

Funny how we all see things differently. I thought the crowd wasn't bad, although not what it was a few years ago , but then nowhere is.

I also thought the scoreline didn't tell the whole story and Scunny were better than the scorsheet showed. There was a fair bit of team ridingp by both sides at and some decent passes by the home team. Richard Lawson made some good first bend cut backs to go from third or last to first. I think there were only about two races that were well strung out.

Its a pity Jason Garrity threw a wobbler and wouldn't come out in heat 13.Jason is a character and you can't help but like him but if something upsets him he totally loses it.

Ncolaj Busk Jacobsen was a great choice of guest and brilliantly team rode Alfie Bowtellhome for his first win at this level. Two good wins as well for Ben  aMorely who continues to make steady progress . Personally I wouldn't say no to NBJ on the team sheet next year, depending on how things pan out.

Nick Morris was, as ever, style personified.

This years Lakeside team are very , harmonious. They all seem to get on well ,  and this seems to add a bit of impetus to their performance on the track. A very nice team to watch .

I thought the meeting was ok, it was run at a decent pace despite both teams using rider replacement, Scunthorpe would have been stronger if they had a full team but still would not have been a threat to us the way we are shaping up.

Highlight for me was NBJ team riding Alfie home for a 5-1, That was class from Jakobsen.

Attendance wise, competing against the World Cup must have some sort of impact which is a shame given both the good weather and the quality of the team this year.

As others have said, it was great to see Alfie get his win - he has come on a treat and isn't afraid to mix it when the situation arises. Everyone of the team got a win or paid win (in the case of our guest) and, in regard to the latter, you could see the influence of Henning Bager when watching the lines taken by NBJ.

Top of the table meeting at Peterborough next - bring it on.

Edited by TonyE

good meeting in my view crowd not great but not to shabby

watching alfie come alone and the support he gets is fantastic well

worth the support as always gives it 100%

re a few posts on here and the lakeside thread please do not blame  the ground staff or any other voluntary staff

members including the new announcer as they are all doing their best with the cards they have been dealt

if anyone has a gripe then approach the management committee as the moans about the Workington match

were in my view a bit spiteful and silly really as it was just one of them meetings that just dragged due to things

out of anyones control really one of them that happen every now and then. and I really cant see what people expect

for £17 . UP THE HAMMERS.

• Like 1