British Speedway Forum
Ghosty

Poole v Somerset 27 June 2018

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No chance of Somerset beating us on the night. You can bookmark this and throw it at me for the rest of the season if they come away with a win.

You have a short memory Steve. Jake Allen and BWD aren’t afraid to get the elbows out as they showed on several occasions last year. Could be a close one with Pirates (just) on the night but Rebels on aggregate.

Doubt those two will do much. I think we can do them and go through if the team is on it like against Lynn.

Can only see a Poole win in this one. I think is going to be close over the 2 legs. Wouldn't like to have to bet on who goes through.

What happens if it’s a draw on aggregate? Did I imagine it or is it to be golden heats like the playoffs........or a rerun over two legs?

Edited by scottyfan

5 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Somerset are not riding too well at the moment but could still beat Poole on the night or if they do not manage that they will win overall.

Not riding too well? Are you on about the same team who is undefeated at home and won their last away match at Kings Lynn? :unsure:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Najjer said:

Not riding too well? Are you on about the same team who is undefeated at home and won their last away match at Kings Lynn? :unsure:

I really didn't get that either. Ok we probably weren't fantastic away from home but as you said we won at Kings Lynn who hadn't lost at home. Last time I checked we were in the top 3.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Somerset to give Poole a lesson on thier turf, especially through rebels reserves

Theywill have to be extra special to beat kacper woryna around Poole and with szczepaniak backing him it will be a hard task :nono:

I still think it'll be down to which team adapts to track conditions quicker with both tracks using poor quality shale from the same source!!

Doyley won't risk too much if he doesn't gate as its GP week so I think Poole will have too much on the night but not quite enough for the aggregate win.

Just seen this on twitter

PirateCast  Retweeted

Somerset's Claus Vissing set to miss Knockout Cup trip to Pirates on Wednesday due to commitments in Denmark. That means extra rides for Jason Doyle and Jack Holder...

Think that could make Somerset a bit stonger

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, idh said:

Just seen this on twitter

PirateCast  Retweeted

Somerset's Claus Vissing set to miss Knockout Cup trip to Pirates on Wednesday due to commitments in Denmark. That means extra rides for Jason Doyle and Jack Holder...

Think that could make Somerset a bit stonger

Boldrick must be you new team manager because that's a cunning plan  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone know what average Vissing came in on? Did he really come in as 2nd heat leader?

Edited by Skidder1

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Anyone know what average Vissing came in on? Did he really come in as 2nd heat leader?

5.81 and he is 2nd in the averages ...

• Like 1

Richard Lawson, bwd and the reserves can take his rides. Makes them stronger though.

Edited by Steve Shovlar