Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Ghosty

Poole v Somerset 27 June 2018

11 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

God your hilarious where do you get them from? 

It's an extract from the Poole are crap handbook 2017-2019.

Edited by Trackrat

1 minute ago, Trackrat said:

It's an extract from the Poole are crap handbook 2017-2019.

Your on form today I see

• Like 1

Thanks mate, you can book me for Poole's end of season dinner & dance instead of handing any trophies out. 

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Thanks mate, you can book me for Poole's end of season dinner & dance instead of handing any trophies out. 

You need to talk to someone that supports Poole maybe Shovlar or Starman aka 'The Pet Shop Boys'

Edited by Orbiter

2 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

You need to talk to someone that supports Poole maybe Shovlar or Starman 

2 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Don't think they'll be on here today, hiding under there blanket of years gone by.

Well done to Somerset - all their riders rode as if they were really up for it.

In contrast - and not helped by yet another inconsistent track (but thats no excuse) - Poole were a 2 man team, plus an unlucky Sundstrom.

Lots of comments coming out of the pits about the behaviour of Poole's skipper - refusing interviews and the end of meeting press conference!! Mateusz rode as if he'd been told his future!!

Matt's programme comments refer to making one change to improve the current 1-7 AT THIS TIME!!  I assume other changes might be possible with the August averages.

Anyway back to the track - the first bend 'hole' seemed to reappear in the second half of the meeting (someone referred to it as a rut?!), but it was Poole's gating that was the biggest letdown - and not for the first time this season.

Onwards and upwards. :cheers:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done to Somerset - all their riders rode as if they were really up for it.

In contrast - and not helped by yet another inconsistent track (but thats no excuse) - Poole were a 2 man team, plus an unlucky Sundstrom.

Lots of comments coming out of the pits about the behaviour of Poole's skipper - refusing interviews and the end of meeting press conference!! Mateusz rode as if he'd been told his future!!

Matt's programme comments refer to making one change to improve the current 1-7 AT THIS TIME!!  I assume other changes might be possible with the August averages.

Anyway back to the track - the first bend 'hole' seemed to reappear in the second half of the meeting (someone referred to it as a rut?!), but it was Poole's gating that was the biggest letdown - and not for the first time this season.

Onwards and upwards. :cheers:

Have to say Skidder that despite all the trials and tribulations we have faced at Poole this season it is so refreshing to see that loyal supporters like you - Steve Shovlar - Starman and others attend week in week out irrespective of what has happened. A big thumbs up to you guys. People like Steve travel up and down the Country knowing in most instances this season we may not get a point. That is what you call loyalty.

It's been a frustrating season for all and far from convinced we will improve that much as too many inconsitencies in the team week in and out. Brady brilliant one week - can be poor the next but just use him to highlight the problem throughout. For me he has an excuse as at 21 he is still finding his way but is also expected in only his 3rd season in Prem to be our number one. When will people get a reality check and realise he is not not Darcy Ward who was a one off of whom we will never see the likes of again at Poole. BUT Brady will get there.

With what many expect has happened at Rye House, I have to applaud guys like you who not only support the team/club but also get involved in part in sponsoring in some form. It's guys like you who are the real life blood of our sport and while I will not always agree with all the comments you guys put out of the forum, I feel it would be a sadder place without your  comments/posts/input.

Poole are probably better off than most despite the lack of money for Kevlars (probably more due to the big meeting financial disaster for the 70th Anniv at start of the season and the Sky money having finally ended. I would hope that Poole can continue whatever direction the sport takes in future. I would like to think that loyal sponsors would continue to support the team in whatever form even if somewhat reduced. I know we are not there but the warning signs are out there for all.

I think Speedway has much bigger problems than the team issues we have this year. I get very frustrated like all Poole fans but suppose we have to put it into perspective when we look around at whats going on at RH and with the likes of Workington having come out this season and admitted there were financial issues in paying riders at one stage.

I said that 3 matches would now define our season. We lost the first 2 with BV at home to come. Lose that and think our game is up for this season. IF RH are out then I fear botton place could become a reality.

For me I would be happy for us to salvage some pride by at least winning as many as possible of our home meetings for this season and as for next season ?? Well let's not go there as the sport in its current format may need a massive overhaul and for some downgrading to help it survive for those who still love it.

I still believe a combination of one big league - some top or top order riders - middle order/young middle order and also using the top N/L riders (maybe 2 per team ??) in a format is the way forward.

We shall see as crazy as it sounds we are still only at the end on June.

52 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Have to say Skidder that despite all the trials and tribulations we have faced at Poole this season it is so refreshing to see that loyal supporters like you - Steve Shovlar - Starman and others attend week in week out irrespective of what has happened. A big thumbs up to you guys. People like Steve travel up and down the Country knowing in most instances this season we may not get a point. That is what you call loyalty.

It's been a frustrating season for all and far from convinced we will improve that much as too many inconsitencies in the team week in and out. Brady brilliant one week - can be poor the next but just use him to highlight the problem throughout. For me he has an excuse as at 21 he is still finding his way but is also expected in only his 3rd season in Prem to be our number one. When will people get a reality check and realise he is not not Darcy Ward who was a one off of whom we will never see the likes of again at Poole. BUT Brady will get there.

With what many expect has happened at Rye House, I have to applaud guys like you who not only support the team/club but also get involved in part in sponsoring in some form. It's guys like you who are the real life blood of our sport and while I will not always agree with all the comments you guys put out of the forum, I feel it would be a sadder place without your  comments/posts/input.

Poole are probably better off than most despite the lack of money for Kevlars (probably more due to the big meeting financial disaster for the 70th Anniv at start of the season and the Sky money having finally ended. I would hope that Poole can continue whatever direction the sport takes in future. I would like to think that loyal sponsors would continue to support the team in whatever form even if somewhat reduced. I know we are not there but the warning signs are out there for all.

I think Speedway has much bigger problems than the team issues we have this year. I get very frustrated like all Poole fans but suppose we have to put it into perspective when we look around at whats going on at RH and with the likes of Workington having come out this season and admitted there were financial issues in paying riders at one stage.

I said that 3 matches would now define our season. We lost the first 2 with BV at home to come. Lose that and think our game is up for this season. IF RH are out then I fear botton place could become a reality.

For me I would be happy for us to salvage some pride by at least winning as many as possible of our home meetings for this season and as for next season ?? Well let's not go there as the sport in its current format may need a massive overhaul and for some downgrading to help it survive for those who still love it.

I still believe a combination of one big league - some top or top order riders - middle order/young middle order and also using the top N/L riders (maybe 2 per team ??) in a format is the way forward.

We shall see as crazy as it sounds we are still only at the end on June.

Thats a good post mate. Yes we are very lucky in respect of the fact we have a lot of very loyal sponsors Volunteers and fans, reguardless of what  some say who really do not know the club.
We now need to win our home metetings to salvage some pride, and next weds is a must, win.  i still believe we can make a hole in this league, but we need to start riding as a TEAM, We started to do that after the break, but by then it was far to gone. although i did feel sorry for Linus, he had a mare. I wont go into the whole of your post, but the powers that be need to sort the mess out, the commitee need to listen, to what the promoters want, not visa versa and everybody come to an amicable decision. The chances of over riding Poland s rider stranglehold is slim, so we need to get our house in order, we say it year after year after year, but clearly, "somebody's" , are  clearly not listening, and those "body's" will if they are not careful  kill the sport in this country.

Edited by Starman2006

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats a good post mate. Yes we are very lucky in respect of the fact we have a lot of very loyal sponsors Volunteers and fans, reguardless of what  some say who really do not know the club.
We now need to win our home metetings to salvage some pride, and next weds is a must, win.  i still believe we can make a hole in this league, but we need to start riding as a TEAM, We started to do that after the break, but by then it was far to gone. although i did feel sorry for Linus, he had a mare. I wont go into the whole of your post, but the powers that be need to sort the mess out, the commitee need to listen, to what the promoters want, not visa versa. The chances of over riding Poland s rider stranglehold is slim, so we need to get our house in order, we say it year after year after year, but clearly, "somebody's" , are  clearly not listening, and those "body's" will if they are not careful  kill the sport in this country.

One thought was that if we went to go open race night would any of the Champ teams try to come up to Prem.

My doubts there are that unless there is some strict regulation put in regarding overseas riders, then I could see the likes of Poole wanting to keep their Wed slot thus seemingly still being attractive to those riding in POL/SWE at top level against those who want to ride on a FRI/SAT/SUN maybe not being able to attract those riders should they wish to do so. Yes they may get bigger crowds but for sure many of those overseas committed raiders wont want to come over.

For me its a thankless task trying to put right the wrongs but something surely has to give, because its painfully obvious to those not running the sport there are big financial issues. The guys running it know full well those issues but are kind of powerless to be open about how much money they may/could be losing every week. Rye are probably just the tip of the iceberg.

27 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

One thought was that if we went to go open race night would any of the Champ teams try to come up to Prem.

My doubts there are that unless there is some strict regulation put in regarding overseas riders, then I could see the likes of Poole wanting to keep their Wed slot thus seemingly still being attractive to those riding in POL/SWE at top level against those who want to ride on a FRI/SAT/SUN maybe not being able to attract those riders should they wish to do so. Yes they may get bigger crowds but for sure many of those overseas committed raiders wont want to come over.

For me its a thankless task trying to put right the wrongs but something surely has to give, because its painfully obvious to those not running the sport there are big financial issues. The guys running it know full well those issues but are kind of powerless to be open about how much money they may/could be losing every week. Rye are probably just the tip of the iceberg.

We cant go open race night, Dogs..

5 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

He was in his bedroom with Jeremycorbynfan last night. 

Summoning up the ghost of Jeremy Thorpe. 

16 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

Make no mistake, Belle Vue will be looking for a win next Wednesday.

Unless we made any changes by next Wednesday you got every chance of picking points up !!

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

We cant go open race night, Dogs..

Sorry what I meant was if the clubs could be allowed to race on the nights of their choosing. I.E: If Poole wanted to keep Wed they can - Swindon if they prefer on a Thur and so on. that way Clubs can pick nights which best suit their circumstances.

Irrespective of whether we end up with a combined one League of Prem/Champ with N/L riders allowed to double up or if its still as is next season we need to give Promotors the chance to race on nights which give them the best chance to attract the best crowds.

No solution is an easy solution but something major surely has to give if the sport is to survive in UK. Having what I call preferred race nights (even if it means losing some of these so called top stars) and maybe one big league with sensible team building limits and letting teams having the option to have 2 N/L riders per team at say 2 points each is another idea.

Matt Ford over the years has always been fairly successful in putting out decent teams (even this years SHOULD have been on paper). I am sure that with his shrewd business head and with local sponsorship he could plan a decent and competitive team to hopefully compete with the best within the points limit at a level that can work for all financially.

Just knocking ideas around.

11 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

He was in his bedroom with Jeremycorbynfan last night. 

Yak yak yak bla bla bla. Not my fault you're a sensitive baby who take everything to heart.

11 hours ago, ray c said:

And possible Nigel farage as well :cheers:

Anyone else you want to add to your fantasy list?

Edited by Matt Ford Fan