British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 25/6/18

3 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

You can't be much of a Matt Ford Fan 'cos everyone knows that Middlo and Ford and joined at the hip and the manager is going nowhere!

Well not until Matt goes!!!!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

in a tight league with no outstanding team one point gained from away matches is more important than in previous yrs, by the same logic winning your home matches "3-0" instead of only gaining a 2pt advantage is imperative and matt and the team manager must fervently encourage the team to produce "3-0s"for the rest of the season,could be critical.big away 4pointers would be great but dont seem plentiful.a top four place is well within reach for pirates and whatever teams make this yrs play-offs they will all be capable of beating each other,exciting times!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

in a tight league with no outstanding team one point gained from away matches is more important than in previous yrs, by the same logic winning your home matches "3-0" instead of only gaining a 2pt advantage is imperative and matt and the team manager must fervently encourage the team to produce "3-0s"for the rest of the season,could be critical.big away 4pointers would be great but dont seem plentiful.a top four place is well within reach for pirates and whatever teams make this yrs play-offs they will all be capable of beating each other,exciting times!! 

Yes agree and i think we got 5 bonus points away from home already from 7 meetings 

UNDERSTAND they sold out of programmes last night. Hope that was indicative of a good crowd. Sadly, no meeting next week. And therein lays the problem... no momentum or continuity.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

UNDERSTAND they sold out of programmes last night. Hope that was indicative of a good crowd. Sadly, no meeting next week. And therein lays the problem... no momentum or continuity.

Yea lets run a match when England could be playing :rolleyes:  Have you really worked for a speedway mag ? 

No interest in football.  From reports it seemed like Lynn had a normal sized crowd last Monday when the bladder booters were on TV.

First of all let me congratulate both teams for an entertaining meeting last night, and both teams deserved the points they got. I was fearful after two races with Poole being six points up, but BV fought back for a hard earned win. The man of the meeting for me was Dame Edna, who passed and held off an impressive Kurtz in heat eleven which swung the meeting in our favour. Giving Woryna extra rides IMO would have been a little hard on the rest of the team even though they were hit and miss. Brady Kurtz seems to be a vastly different rider when in front, when behind he seems to struggle a little bit with passing. Perhaps he needs to ride regularly on a different track in the future to realise his full potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No interest in football.  From reports it seemed like Lynn had a normal sized crowd last Monday when the bladder booters were on TV.

Yes, but we are heading towards the KO stages of the competition now so a bit silly to run against the football and the losers will be the promoters.

1 hour ago, orion said:

Yea lets run a match when England could be playing :rolleyes:  Have you really worked for a speedway mag ? 

IT was a generalisation ... tracks have a successful meeting then don't run for two or three weeks. Cannot keep blaming the World Cup. But if I said the sky was blue you would disagree.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Glad to see the cheats losing again. Surprising how many opinions are floating around when people didn't even go, bit insulting to the true fans who made the journey.

I went to the meeting and although we lost it was a good meeting.

Listen stop being an irritating troll with your pathetic cheats post it's not necessary. 

Grow up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, one of clubs said:

First of all let me congratulate both teams for an entertaining meeting last night, and both teams deserved the points they got. I was fearful after two races with Poole being six points up, but BV fought back for a hard earned win. The man of the meeting for me was Dame Edna, who passed and held off an impressive Kurtz in heat eleven which swung the meeting in our favour. Giving Woryna extra rides IMO would have been a little hard on the rest of the team even though they were hit and miss. Brady Kurtz seems to be a vastly different rider when in front, when behind he seems to struggle a little bit with passing. Perhaps he needs to ride regularly on a different track in the future to realise his full potential.

Brady rides on different tracks sharp and Galloping every week. Otherwise your post is better than most on here..  :t:

5 hours ago, Booey boy said:

Which may be sooner than you think?

Been looking into your Crystal ball then, id change it if i were you, that wont happen anytime soon.

16 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Wouldn't mind the ex Glasgow manager. 

Its a fact. Not my problem if it rattles your cage.

You scored 48 points tonight.

We scored 42 points with terrible management skills. Anyone else would have used Kacper 7 times. 

He scored in every race.

Sundstrom and Worrall scored in 2 races between them. Therefore your lot are lucky Middlo kept sending those 2 riders out instead of sending out Woryna. 

Typical childish reply. I'm right and your wrong. 

You tell me what Middlo has done in the new era of British Speedway and then ill keep my mouth shut. 

Obviously you wont tell me anything....Because he hasn't done anything.

Its a fact.....See earlier reply but if you want to have a cry about it then go ahead. 

2 riders were sent out time after time despite running consistent last places. Which made it easier for your boys. 

Like i said earlier Kacper scored in every race Sundstrom & Worrall scored in 2 races between them. 

Calling me childish haha!!! Your the one getting hot under the collar with your swipes at Middlo, if you were really a Poole fan you would understand why so many of us think so highly of Middlo.

It has been said by many that were there that Woryna only showed he was going well on the night in heat 14.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Spot on.

Yep I just don't get Middlo's mind set these days.

When Heat 15 is a managers choice race and he sends out his 2 best riders on the night then why wasn't Kacper being used to replace a Sundstrom or a Worrall at some point during the night.

All Poole fans know that I want Middlo gone but if they're happy with him and happy with the way the club has gone the last few years then good luck to them.

But the fact is Middlo has been successful when he had 1-7's containing world class riders like Hancock, Ward, Janowski and C. Holder (Prime). Hasn't done anything in the new era of British Speedway.

Really, i dont agree with you one little bit. Try 0-4- 0-8 for starters no superstars as you put it in them teams.. Neil is the best manager this club has had. and i certainly wouldnt want anybody else. 
I thought the idea was to find riders that are going to improve, Matt does that Neil works with them. Both Chris and Darcy were not superstars as you put it when they first came to poole. i think 7 league titles and umpteen other Trophies tells me that. Mark Loram improved being at poole so did Magic, you have to have decent heatleaders to be competitive, therefore with the likes of Trick and Leigh and eventually Darcy and Chris you had them, Trick and Leigh were established but Darcy and Chris were not, they were brought in on potential. you cannot buy a selling plater and expect to turn it into a Derby horse, its doesnt work like that you buy on potential to improve. Greggy was brought in to cover for Chris, good bit of business that.
Now you might not agree with me, but i see Neil work first hand every week, and he's a dam good manager. So please, stop running him down, and if you think you can do better then please apply to Matt Ford, because i will tell you now, like 99% of people on this site, you get left in the pits on your own and be told to get on with it, you would freeze and run for the hills.  and anybody who says they wouldnt is a liar, and i stick by that..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1