British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolverhampton v Leicester Monday June 25th TV match

First time I've watched Wolves this season and wasn't very impressed. Morris isn't good enough at no2 and I don't think Heeps is good enough at all. Along with that, Thorssell isn't a no1.

Probably a bit fortunate to win in all honesty when you consider Leicester's mechanical issues and self inflicted wounds (Bjerre comes to mind the most when on a 5-1). Excellent meetings for Masters and Greaves from a Wolves point of view. 

Track didn't seem to offer much but at least the racing was generally competitive. 

11 hours ago, nightshift said:

When I first saw the teams for this, I thought Wolverhampton would win it easily. 

However, I have reconsidered a little. I think Leicester have got a chance of a point here at least. 

Just saying 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Col said:

I thought it was a decent meeting, the Lions deserved their point. Pieszczek didn't take long to get to grips with the tight turns.

Hope Sarjeant is suitably emarrassed.

Hopefully, he got the reward of the true amateur - Nowt.

So who was at fault tonight ?  And any penalties ?

15.2.4  .................... This 2-minute time allowance is signaled by an audible siren and flashing amber lamp and if present (mandatory at a TV Meeting), be shown on a Countdown Clock. 

Forget the injuries to Howarth and Newman, the biggest name missing here is Doc Bridgett who week after week, year after year has provided a great racing surface at Monmore Green and this was a gate and go track.

Hardly any passing, one race line mostly and turn one was bare and dusty but exit on turn two was fine despite being in sunlight more. They have added more clay to the material which should help but it's nothing like the track it was.

As for Leicester, why didn't they take Sarjeant out of heat nine and put Bjerre in ? That could have cost them a point and certainly took away the chance of winning by still using a rider that in three heats covered less ground than Usain Bolt.

Another home win like most of the league and any points that teams can take on away tracks will be vital to reach the play offs. As Peter Adams says it's the form at the end of the season that counts but Wolves with Morris at 2 and Heaps looking like a bloated Ed Sheeran lookalike they are going to find it hard to improve unless they take a gamble on a new rider soon. 

• Like 1

As expected both teams missing riders who would have made a huge difference.

Adams is right, we aren’t in great form right now.

Heeps should have been in double figures in reserve.

Decent enough meeting but not its usual high standard of close racing.

Doc Bridgetts is the main missing ingredient however at Monmore.

I did not think the meeting, in terms of racing was any better or worse than most of what I enjoyed during the years I was a regular (2004-2009) at Monmore. Just 'Karlsson' corridor was less evident (hug the inside exiting turn 2) and there was no rider going deep & fast into turns 3&4 except for Charles Wright, who got it wrong.

It wasn't great but Pieszczek made a clean pass on his first visit. In terms of entertainment it was far more interesting to watch than anything ever served up on TV from Blunsdon, Hoddesdon, Foxhall & Arena Essex. If you discount the SWC of 03/4 Wimbourne Rd, also.

What was very clear is that the standard of the Premier League is where the Championship was three years ago. Mediocre 2nd strings on view and some very poor reserves on show. Some riders clearly not competent on that track. The huge gap of ability was on show in a grand way. When watching the Polish & Swedish matches on Freeview, the UK's "top offering" looks ridiculous and tells you what the true level of league speedway has fallen to.

• Like 1

What on earth has happened to Cameron Heeps ?  Really thought he was one for the future.  Looked poor last night. Is this the norm ?

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

As expected both teams missing riders who would have made a huge difference.

Adams is right, we aren’t in great form right now.

Heeps should have been in double figures in reserve.

Decent enough meeting but not its usual high standard of close racing.

Doc Bridgetts is the main missing ingredient however at Monmore.

Your kidding yourself, the track has been like that for 5 years or more Doc Bridgett or not. This " usual standard of high standard of close racing" is a figment of your imagination.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dabbsjoe said:

whos doing the track now that Doc has retired ?

Glyn Taylor

10 minutes ago, New Science said:

Your kidding yourself, the track has been like that for 5 years or more Doc Bridgett or not. This " usual standard of high standard of close racing" is a figment of your imagination.

The track is very different this year to previous. The reason the meeting was close yesterday is the home team are struggling with a set ups as much as the away team.

Sorry to say I didn't recognise CVS when the cameras showed him night

I wish him well