British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Somerset v King's Lynn 25/06/18

From kingslynnstars.co

KING’S Lynn are on the lookout for more away points when they visit Somerset in the Premiership on Monday.

The Tru Plant Stars welcome back Ty Proctor and Michael Palm Toft for the trip to the Oaktree Arena, although Kasper Andersen remains on the sidelines.

Proctor returned from injury for his Championship club Workington on Saturday and notched double figures in the Comets’ win over Glasgow, whilst Palm Toft racked up 17 points for Peterborough at Redcar on Thursday – frustratingly for the Stars, at the same time as they were missing out at Swindon - and the Dane could be a trump card at reserve.

Somerset boast an unbeaten home record, with six wins out of six in all competitions, but their season has not been without its problems and controversy.

The Rebels pulled off a big signing in the winter by attracting World Champion Jason Doyle back to the club, but made headlines earlier this month for two surprise departures.

They parted company with crowd favourite Charles Wright after behind-the-scenes disagreements, and also released Danish youngster Jonas Jeppesen, with Claus Vissing and Nico Covatti coming in.

Vissing failed to score when the Rebels beat Poole 48-42 last Wednesday, a result which means they currently sit third in the table with their home form backed up by their 46-44 victory at the Adrian Flux Arena last month.

Vissing and Proctor also clashed on and off-track at Derwent Park on Saturday and are scheduled for an early return battle on Monday as they are due to meet in Heat 3.

Meanwhile Andersen, who is still unable to race in the UK having been deemed to have suffered concussion last week, is replaced by Rye House’s Max Clegg at reserve.

Stars boss Dale Allitt said: “We won there twice last season and we also won the Pairs there, and most importantly we’ve got six of our seven riders.

“I think we’ve shown that when we’ve got a full team, we don’t really need to be worried about anybody.

“Regarding a guest for Kasper, it’s a hard ask when there are six Premiership teams racing and you can only go up to 5.20 in the Championship, plus Somerset’s reserves are quite strong.

“I keep saying it will be really nice to get our full team back, and that should be the case after July 4 injuries permitting – and it’s still a long season after that.”

SOMERSET: Jason Doyle, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Claus Vissing, Richard Lawson, Jack Holder, Jake Allen, Nico Covatti.

KING’S LYNN: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Lewis Kerr, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Robert Lambert, Max Clegg, Michael Palm Toft.

This is going to be our hardest meeting of the season imo. Kerr and Palm Toft have been rebels before so know the track. Lambert certainly enjoys riding it, NKI is a strong rider. Clegg and Andersen I think would have scored similar tbh. The main battle will be in the engine room between Vissing/ Lawson and Proctor/ Jorgensen. 

Can't wait to get down for my first meeting of the season at the OTA. 

Will be my first and only visit to the OTA this year, never youse to miss a meeting, only going as Lambert is there

• Like 1

Hope the stars get revenge for our defeat at home a few weeks ago. Reckon it's a good possibility, although not sure about Clegg at reserve, think Anderson was likely to get a few points (but not many). An MPT special will be good. Any news on Kerr who missed his championship match due to a family emergency?

Hoping the drive down on the M5 is better on a Monday than the Friday nightmare, looking forward to a visit to the seaside before the meeting :)

Even me, Mr Negative thinks King's Lynn will win this with ease. Apart from Doyle the Somerset line-up ain't good enough to wipe the backsides of the Stars team.

40-50

Much more likely to be 50 - 40 as we have virtually no No. 6 and may be without Leis Kerr. Neils is far from is best as yet as well.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:46 AM, Bagpuss said:

From kingslynnstars.co

KING’S Lynn are on the lookout for more away points when they visit Somerset in the Premiership on Monday.

The Tru Plant Stars welcome back Ty Proctor and Michael Palm Toft for the trip to the Oaktree Arena, although Kasper Andersen remains on the sidelines.

Proctor returned from injury for his Championship club Workington on Saturday and notched double figures in the Comets’ win over Glasgow, whilst Palm Toft racked up 17 points for Peterborough at Redcar on Thursday – frustratingly for the Stars, at the same time as they were missing out at Swindon - and the Dane could be a trump card at reserve.

Somerset boast an unbeaten home record, with six wins out of six in all competitions, but their season has not been without its problems and controversy.

The Rebels pulled off a big signing in the winter by attracting World Champion Jason Doyle back to the club, but made headlines earlier this month for two surprise departures.

They parted company with crowd favourite Charles Wright after behind-the-scenes disagreements, and also released Danish youngster Jonas Jeppesen, with Claus Vissing and Nico Covatti coming in.

Vissing failed to score when the Rebels beat Poole 48-42 last Wednesday, a result which means they currently sit third in the table with their home form backed up by their 46-44 victory at the Adrian Flux Arena last month.

Vissing and Proctor also clashed on and off-track at Derwent Park on Saturday and are scheduled for an early return battle on Monday as they are due to meet in Heat 3.

Meanwhile Andersen, who is still unable to race in the UK having been deemed to have suffered concussion last week, is replaced by Rye House’s Max Clegg at reserve.

Stars boss Dale Allitt said: “We won there twice last season and we also won the Pairs there, and most importantly we’ve got six of our seven riders.

“I think we’ve shown that when we’ve got a full team, we don’t really need to be worried about anybody.

“Regarding a guest for Kasper, it’s a hard ask when there are six Premiership teams racing and you can only go up to 5.20 in the Championship, plus Somerset’s reserves are quite strong.

“I keep saying it will be really nice to get our full team back, and that should be the case after July 4 injuries permitting – and it’s still a long season after that.”

SOMERSET: Jason Doyle, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Claus Vissing, Richard Lawson, Jack Holder, Jake Allen, Nico Covatti.

KING’S LYNN: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Lewis Kerr, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Robert Lambert, Max Clegg, Michael Palm Toft.

You've got Rebels reserves in wrong order.      Jake Allen is No 7

Lynn need the points, and will run the Rebels close.4 points in it either way for me.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Update site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Many thanks

2 minutes ago, crazysue said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Update site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Many thanks

Try

Najjer

Najjer

He did a great job last week

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, idh said:

Try

Najjer

Najjer

He did a great job last week

He is unfortunately unable to text....already thought of that one!