British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

SGB championship fours 1st July redcar

3 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

My money would be on lakeside - but I haven't got any. 

I fancy Lakeside, very strongly, but more so if Newman is riding. If he is not riding, then it is neck and neck with Pbro. It seems though, that every team, that is showing as a favourite, is then suffering a key injury, (Sheffield and Scunthorpe). I hope for every team, there are on further cases. Indeed, I hope Charles Wright and Jason Garrity recover to take part. Depending on which Glasgow team turn  up, they could also, win this. Should be an entertaining event though.

57 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Can food and soft drinks be taken in?

Yes - someone asked the same question on Redcars Facebook page. Can’t take alcohol in though.

• Like 1

So the big question now is can you use guests in the fours otherwise it’s looking likely Scunny will have to withdraw!

Worrall and Nielsen long term injuries with broken legs, Garrity away to hospital last night and out for a few weeks and now Phillips has been taken to hospital as well, never known a team which has such bad luck!

1 hour ago, beaky11 said:

So the big question now is can you use guests in the fours otherwise it’s looking likely Scunny will have to withdraw!

Worrall and Nielsen long term injuries with broken legs, Garrity away to hospital last night and out for a few weeks and now Phillips has been taken to hospital as well, never known a team which has such bad luck!

In the history of the fours event it has never been allowed for any team to be able to use guest riders , maybe you will have to use national league riders .

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

In the history of the fours event it has never been allowed for any team to be able to use guest riders , maybe you will have to use national league riders .

Did Berwick not use Luke Ruddock last year as a NL guest?

We got kicked out one year cos we couldn't field a team strong enough! :rolleyes:

Thought we might have a chance but after Richie's performance guesting tonight at Scunthorpe now not so sure. At least we have a strong reserve for once. Let's hope the TM makes use of him if required.

12 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Unattached rider Coty Garcia rides for Scunthorpe, so that they can track four riders.   Not a guest as such.

3 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Unattached rider Coty Garcia rides for Scunthorpe, so that they can track four riders.   Not a guest as such.

Seems fair enough to me as he also gets the chance to impress any would be side looking for replacements.

I have recieved the programme for tomorrow's meeting which looks a superb read, looking forward to reading it over the weekend. The whole format and line-up is in there. 

For anyone not going the meeting, thread will be set-up after the grand prix this evening, with the whole team line-ups and heats posted on the updates site. Hopefully a updater will come forward.

Edited by ellioth4

Think it is going to be difficult to have a decent racing track tomorrow - hasn't rained in ages, sunny all week and due to be a scorcher tomorrow.

30+ heats of speedway will take its toll. Shame really.

Needs to be pretty much underwater today to get the moisture deep

Certainly will be difficult - hope it goes well

Well the track certainly wasn't underwater 10 minutes ago - tractor going around and a lot of dust. However much water they put on tomorrow it's going to be difficult to avoid a blue line developing at some point.

Thought there might be some additional temporary standing being put up (but cost apparently stopped that) - room for two or three deep on a section of the access road on the back straight which should give an excellent view if you are lucky enough to be at the front (or tall).

Edited by Yearbyred