British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

SGB championship fours 1st July redcar

51 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Well the track certainly wasn't underwater 10 minutes ago - tractor going around and a lot of dust. However much water they put on tomorrow it's going to be difficult to avoid a blue line developing at some point.

Thought there might be some additional temporary standing being put up (but cost apparently stopped that) - room for two or three deep on a section of the access road on the back straight which should give an excellent view if you are luck enough to be at the front (or tall).

No additional temporary standing is a big disappointment. Could be compromised viewing if a lot of additional fans turn up. 

Well, that's disappointing - I acknowledge the track prep issues - they're no one's fault - but my daughter isn't the tallest and I'm now thinking twice about whether it's worth going. We've tried telephoning to reserve seats in the stand but the phone hasn't been answered.  

I agree - thought there would have been something similar to the standing area in front of the tapes but apparently cost was too high.

Be a shame if there are complaints  about viewing - catch 22 when you want as big a crowd as possible.

Funny old afternoon for Lakeside`s Nick Morris, it appears he is in Ht1 and then doesn't take his second ride until H20, likewise NB Jacobsen of Berwick rides in Ht3 but doesn't take his second ride until Ht17.

6 minutes ago, screm said:

Funny old afternoon for Lakeside`s Nick Morris, it appears he is in Ht1 and then doesn't take his second ride until H20, likewise NB Jacobsen of Berwick rides in Ht3 but doesn't take his second ride until Ht17.

That's been the case in the past when they used to run the two semi-finals at the same time. Rider in yellow off gate 4 in heat 1 and heat 2 didn't take his second ride until heat 15 (gate 2) and heat 16. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Jonas Sturebrand said:

Is it possible that somewhone have the meeting format and complete starting list? 

You could order the programme on line for home delivery today

10 hours ago, leander said:

That's been the case in the past when they used to run the two semi-finals at the same time. Rider in yellow off gate 4 in heat 1 and heat 2 didn't take his second ride until heat 15 (gate 2) and heat 16. Ridiculous.

Indeed! So much about speedway IS ridiculous. How it's run and the rules that are brought in etc etc. All that is swept away when we see a  classic, close race with skilful passing. That party of the sport remains magical. Four riders on their bikes, giving it their all. 

9 hours ago, Jonas Sturebrand said:

Is it possible that somewhone have the meeting format and complete starting list? 

There is a qualifying section including 11 teams with each rider having 2 rides

The top 4 teams then take part in a 12 heat final

9 hours ago, Jonas Sturebrand said:

Check the speedway updates site - the full programme is listed on there

2 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Check the speedway updates site - the full programme is listed on there

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17991/championship-fours-redcar-2018-2pm

The ever invaluable updates site :t:

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Indeed! So much about speedway IS ridiculous. How it's run and the rules that are brought in etc etc. All that is swept away when we see a  classic, close race with skilful passing. That party of the sport remains magical. Four riders on their bikes, giving it their all. 

Of course the opposite scenario of only using 8 teams, having a recognised 2 X 4 teams format, with fairer gates would have been laughed at on here by the likes of you. Nobody is ever going to get it right it would appear. :nono:

21 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

would have been laughed at on here by the likes of you.

You don't know me, you have made your judgemental assumption because of half a dozen posts you don't like. Says much more about you than me. I am not "anti promoter" just anti the ones who have ripped speedway to pieces over the past 20 years. I know that some of the poor deluded promoters have lost their homes because they continued to back their club etc etc But many of them care little about the decline and destruction of the sport of speedway in the UK. Should the cap fit, wear it.