British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

SGB championship fours 1st July redcar

well done to Peterborough on retaining the trophy at a different venue.

would have made the trip up as i enjoy going to Redcar but a fairly local day out with the family was rather appealing.

all we need to find out now is where it's likely to be held next year so Peterborough can win 3 on the trot :)

6 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

What happened to Awesome Wells then.

Had to ride in Poland.

11 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Hearing crowd wasn't even 30 percent of what you get at the Showground. 

BSPA coffers will be suffering. 

Presumably this is by Diane Abbott's calculations.

what a cracking day out at the fours yesterday.redcar put on a fabulous meeting on only their first staging.my team gave it a really good go and although didn't quite make the final it didn't distract from a great final with all in all some superb very close racing.a huge well done to the redcar promotion and i hope that it will be staged by them again next season.well done.

• Like 6

Would just like to add my congratulations to Redcar for their staging of the fours considering was the first time the promotion had put on such a major event from a spectators point of view it all seemed to go very smoothly and Redcar have silenced any critics how said the event would be a flop because of the move from its traditional home. With BSPA vice chairman Rob Godfrey stating in the program that in future they intend to move some major events around year on year I can't see Redcar getting the event next year ( Though in my opinion they put up a good argument they should) the Redcar promotion have set the bar very high for who ever does host the fours next year

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Had to ride in Poland.

So will people be calling for him to get a ban like they did for Jack Holder last year ?  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

So will people be calling for him to get a ban like they did for Jack Holder last year ?  :)

No because as a result of the Holder situation the BSPA decided to change their stance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snapper said:

Had to or chose to ?

Clearly chose to

A fine win for the Panthers that ,arrived with a strong 4 and did the business when it mattered

sounds like Redcar did a fine job in running the event and producing a decent track,good job them

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No because as a result of the Holder situation the BSPA decided to change their stance

Don't tell thm that Taps - the Panties are looking for blood, not content with pulling off a win yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Full plaudits to Redcar Speedway, great organisation, fascilities, parking, race track, etc Surely silenced the doubters.

Dust (not as bad as I expected) was unavoidable under the blistering sun but the track staff did a great job

Congratulations to the (no home track advantage) Panthers, deserved winners

Superb effort our Monarchs, totally unexpected. Erik 1 of only 2 unbeaten riders.... superb!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If so shows how weak they are and how pointless UK Sunday speedway is if they entertain riders who want their cake and eat it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Don't tell thm that Taps - the Panties are looking for blood, not content with pulling off a win yesterday.

Yes , just like the BSPA wanted Ged's blood last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Yes , just like the BSPA wanted Ged's blood last year.

And ended up pretty much going vegan :)

• Like 3