British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

SGB championship fours 1st July redcar

Enjoyed that greatly. Great day  well done all involved 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 8:08 PM, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Hearing crowd wasn't even 30 percent of what you get at the Showground. 

BSPA coffers will be suffering. 

Time to get your hearing tested then.

It was probably Redcar's second biggest gate ever after the fantastic crowd on their opening night. Well supported by mainly local Northern clubs,

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Crump99 said:

The chicken tasted rubbery :)

Showing your age there .... I came in search of knowledge ... and found it in Norfolk!!

1 hour ago, Dodger Blue said:

Showing your age there .... I came in search of knowledge ... and found it in Norfolk!!

That reminds me of those great promotion partners, Norfolk and Good.

Well Done to all at Redcar - what a superb event, without doubt the best organised fours in recent years!

Even with the difficulties caused by scorching sun and a drying wind the track produced it's usual top class racing - full marks to the track staff who were fighting the dust all day (and mostly winning).   Note to other promotions - fans are happy to watch tractors going round when they know it is only going to enhance their enjoyment, both from a racing and comfort aspect, which is exactly what happened on Sunday, everyone could see the time taken was making necessary improvements and accepted it!

No doubt the Scottish fans were delighted to get home at a reasonable time this year, highlighting the benefits of having the event more central (for the Championship)

If Redcar want the event next year they have my vote!

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Crump99 said:

The chicken tasted rubbery :)

They all sirie iriots!!!!! 

Edited by scoobydoo

On 7/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, Moranboys said:

what a cracking day out at the fours yesterday.redcar put on a fabulous meeting on only their first staging.my team gave it a really good go and although didn't quite make the final it didn't distract from a great final with all in all some superb very close racing.a huge well done to the redcar promotion and i hope that it will be staged by them again next season.well done.

Apparently the BSPA have gone with the Eurovision formula whereby the winning team will traditionally be given the honour of hosting next year's competition. Therefore Panthers go for the treble in 2019, assuming that we haven't got ambitious within the same leagues structure, at the event's traditional home.

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Apparently the BSPA have gone with the Eurovision formula whereby the winning team will traditionally be given the honour of hosting next year's competition. Therefore Panthers go for the treble in 2019, assuming that we haven't got ambitious within the same leagues structure, at the event's traditional home.

shame that as i think the standard of racing was far better than when held at th showground

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

That was the name of a greyhound in Ireland, a guy bought it to run at Shawfield but was told he would have to change it's name. :nono:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tsunami said:

A terrific track of the same name by The Kipper Family. Great music and very funny Sid Kipper, a talented man from Trunch. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, Crump99 said:

Who won the event (the fours) in 2017??????????

Where was it held in 2018??????????

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

2019 Scunthorpe then.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

The formula, Rob Godfrey's suggestion allegedly, for future stagings was made in tandem with the 2018 Redcar staging decision. Peterborough knackered the plan by winning the damn thing again in 2018!

• Haha 2

So Geds possibly got another big cheers mate for that to send to Godfrey!!!!

Edited by scoobydoo